- Best Ideas for Outdoor Patio Space
- New Samsung AddWash 27inch Front Load Washer
- Washer and Dryer Combo Appliances
- Alternative Design by ACME Furniture
- Grilling - Cast Iron Grates Versus Stainless Steel Grates
- The 7 Questions you MUST Ask When Purchasing a Dishwasher
- Best Wall Ovens - April 2016
- All About The Wall Oven
- What is the Difference Between Gas vs Electric vs Induction Cooktop/Ranges?
- Agitator or No Agitator
- Chest Freezer vs Upright Freezer
- The Best Dishwashers of April 2016
- Why You Need a Convection Oven
- Dishwashers vs. Hand Washing
- Is Your Air Conditioner Too Noisy?
- Appliances and Voltage
- Top Load Washer vs Front Load Washer
- Scavolini Designs in Our Showroom
- Built-In Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator Picks
- Open vs. Sealed Burners
- Certification Marks
- Top Ten Storage Options For Wine Lovers
- Top 5 Appliance Features for a Busy Lifestyle
- Gas vs Dual Fuel Ranges
- Top 5 Cool Refrigerator Features You Should Know About
- Dishwasher Features and Their Importance
- Freestanding vs. Slide-in Ranges
- Brass vs. Aluminum Burners
- Viking - The Heart of the Kitchen
- Dorm Appliance Suggestions
- Remodeling a U-Shaped Kitchen
- Smart Appliances with App Connectivity
- Top 5 Wall Ovens of 2017
- Top Five Double Wall Ovens of 2017
- Top 5 Dishwashers of 2017
- Top Five Column Refrigerators for 2017
- Everything You Need to Know About Energy-Efficient Appliances
- Top 10 French Door Refrigerators of 2017
- The Best Microwave Drawers of 2017
- Top Five 48-Inch Range Ovens of 2017
- All About the Bosch 24-Inch Compact Laundry Pair
- Top 5 Wall Oven Microwave Combos of 2017
- Top Five 30 Inch Slide-In Ranges in 2017
- Which Range Should You Buy? Professional vs. Standard Ranges
- The Best Front Load Washers of 2017
- The Best HE Top Load Washers of 2017
- Furniture Care Series - Leather Furniture
- The Power of Steam - For Cooking, Cleaning, Laundry and Relaxation
- Internal Venting Vs. External Venting
- Washer Guide - Stackable Vs. Side-By-Side
- Top Ten 36-Inch Ranges of 2017
- Compact Appliances
- Anatomy of Appliances - Dishwashers
- The Best Large Capacity Front Load Washers of 2017
- Top 5 Coffee and Espresso Machines for Coffee Lovers
- Large Capacity Ovens
- Wall Ovens & Cooktop Combos - The New Range Replacement?
- The Best Appliance Finishes of 2017
- The Best Outdoor Grills of 2017
- The Best Compact Front-Loading Washers of 2017
- Remodeling an L-Shaped Kitchen
- How to Build a Luxury Kitchen for Less
- The Benefits Of Convection Ovens
- The Best Gas Ranges Under $1000
- Remodeling A Line Kitchen Layout
- A Guide to Specialty Ovens - Steam and Speed Ovens
- Vented Vs. Ventless Range Hoods
- Furniture Care Series Suede
- All About Built-in Dishwashers
- Freestanding Vs. Built-in Kitchen Appliances
- Flipper Kitchen Tips: How to Remodel Your Kitchen for a Profit
- Anatomy of Appliances - Wall Ovens
- Defrost Methods and How They Work
- A Guide to Maritime Appliances
- New Appliances From Thermador - Column Refrigeration
- Top Ten 24-inch Ranges of 2020
- New in 2017 - Superiore Appliances
- Child Safety Features in Appliances
- Smart Self-Diagnosing Appliances
- A Guide to Building An Outdoor Kitchen
- Energy Star Appliances
- La Cornue and Appliances Connection - An Inevitable Pairing
- How to Get a $2,000 Kitchen on a $600 Budget
- BlueStar Fall And Winter Color Preview
- Ashley Furniture - Powered Comfort
- The Top 5 Sub-Zero Refrigerators of 2017
- Appliances Connection and eCommerce - Shaking Industry Foundations
- Anatomy of Appliances - Refrigerators
- Anatomy of Appliances - Ranges
- Liebherr - Just Refrigeration
- Anatomy of Appliances - Washers
- Furniture Care - Wood
- Anatomy of Appliances - Dryers
- Black Friday Sale 2017
- Vented Vs. Ventless Dryers
- 30-Inch Ranges from Thermador and Wolf
- An In-Depth Look Into The GE Monogram Collection
- Stackable Washer and Dryer Sets - Top 5 for 2019
- Fisher Paykel 24 Inch Washer & Dryer Set
- French Door Vs. Side-By-Side Refrigerators
- The Best Way To Preserve Wine
- Furniture Care - Velvet
- Bosch Smart Appliances with Home Connect
- Holiday Gift Guide for Treating Yourself
- A Holiday Gift Guide for Busy Professionals
- A Holiday Gift Guide For Home Chefs
- Introducing BlueStar's New Chef-Inspired Electric Kitchen!
- Holiday Recipes for Microwaves
- Holiday Recipes For Ranges
- Six Best Speed Ovens
- Holiday Gift Guide for Home Entertainers
- Holiday Recipes For Wall Ovens
- Jenn-Air Appliances Guide
- An Eco-Friendly Holiday Gift Guide
- Holiday Gift Guide For New Homeowners
- Holiday Gift Guide for Home-Based Food Businesses
- A Family Friendly Holiday Gift Guide
- Top 5 Napoleon Fireplaces
- ADA Compliance for Public Restrooms
- Home Bar Essentials
- How to Upgrade Your Home on a Budget for 2018
- Custom Color Appliances
- The Best Side By Side Refrigerators of 2019
- Tips for a New You in 2018
- An Honest Review of the Viking VGIC53014BSS Range
- Viking Rebates | Luxury Kitchens for Less
- Induction Vs. Gas Vs. Electric
- The Best Washer and Dryer Sets. Period.
- GE Premium Appliance Finishes
- What's the Best Appliance Finish for your Kitchen in 2019?
- Miele Dishwasher Rebate Offer
- 36 Inch Freestanding Gas Ranges: Bertazzoni vs. Dacor vs. Tecnogas Superiore
- Top 5 Outdoor Undercounter Refrigerator Drawers
- Top 5 Steam Wall Ovens of 2019
- Should I Repair or Replace My Appliances?
- High Efficiency vs. Traditional Washers | Pros & Cons
- Enhancing Home Decor with Indirect LED Lighting
- French Door Refrigerator Comparison | Jenn-Air vs. Sub-Zero
- Quiz | Which Household Appliance Are You?
- The Quietest Dishwashers of 2019
- Laundry Symbols Guide
- Pitfalls of Rent-to-Own Appliances and Furniture
- Top Five 48 Inch Ranges of 2019
- Top 10 French Door Refrigerators 2018
- Top 5 Washers With No Agitator 2018
- The Best 36 Inch Induction Cooktops of 2019
- The Resurgence of Farm Kitchen Sinks
- The Best Kitchen Appliances Packages of 2019
- Top 5 Best GE Dishwashers 2019
- Top 5 Best Counter-Depth Refrigerators 2019
- Top 5 Best Wall Oven Microwave Combos 2018
- Microwave Drawers - Top 5 of 2019
- Top 5 GE Refrigerators 2019
- All About 24 Inch Compact Washers
- Top 10 Dishwashers of 2019
- Top 5 30-Inch Slide-In Ranges of 2018
- How to Stay Cool and Still Save Money
- Top 10 Double Wall Ovens of 2019
- Sharp Microwaves | A Glimpse Of The Future
- Fill Your Home with the Finer Appliances in Life
- Official Guide to Maintaining Your Laundry Room
- 30 Inch Professional Gas Ranges - Top 5 for 2019
- Top Five 48-Inch Dual Fuel Ranges of 2018
- Are Wolf Professional Ranges Worth It?
- Top Five 30-Inch Dual Fuel Ranges of 2018
- When and Why You Need a New Washer Hose?
- Horizontal Kitchens - On the Rise in 2018
- How to Feel Like a Professional Chef At Home
- Dual Fuel Ranges - Wolf Vs GE Monogram
- New for 2018 - Speed Queen's Top Loading Washers and Matching Dryers
- Top Five 36-Inch Dual Fuel Ranges of 2019
- The Five Most Reliable Luxury Front Load Washers for 2019
- Dream Kitchens with Custom Color Panel Ready Refrigerators
- Top Five 60-Inch Dual Fuel Ranges of 2019
- Comparing LG and Samsung Kitchen Appliance Packages
- Power Cords and Hard Wiring for New Cooking Appliances
- Top Five ADA Compliant Ranges for 2019
- Your Definitive Dual Fuel Range Guide for 2018
- Top Five ADA Compliant Refrigerators for 2019
- Top Five ADA Compliant Wall Ovens for 2019
- Review of the Napoleon Prestige PRO Series 77-Inch Grill
- Introducing Miele's New and Improved W1 T1 line of Washers and Dryers
- Whirlpool's Sunset Bronze Finish is On the Horizon
- An In-Depth Look at Viking Dishwashers
- A Look at Friedrich Air Conditioners - Luxury and Toughness in HVAC
- Your Definitive Guide to Luxury ADA Compliant Kitchen Appliances for 2018
- Best Built-In Gas Grills for 2019
- The Toto Neorest 750H Toilet - Indulgence in the Bathroom
- An In-Depth Look at the LG LMXS30776D Refrigerator
- Frigidaire - Celebrating a Century of Reliability
- Whirlpool Gas Cooktops | An In-Depth Look
- Right Arm Facing/Left Arm Facing Sectional Sofas - How to Tell the Difference
- May is Maytag Month at Appliances Connection
- A Look at the Maytag MEW9630FZ 30-Inch Electric Double Wall Oven
- LG PuriCare | Fresh Air In Your Home
- Why You Need the Miele CVA6405 24-Inch Built-In Coffee
- Appliances Connection vs. Discount Appliance Stores
- An In-Depth Look at the New Frigidaire FFBN1721TV 33-Inch French Door Refrigerator
- The Best Undercounter Wine Coolers for 2019
- The Best Luxury Outdoor Furniture Sets of 2018
- The Dacor Modernist Collection - Modern Can Be Timeless
- SMEG Kitchen Appliance Package Overview
- Fulgor Milano Kitchen Appliance Package Overview
- Frymaster Commercial Fryers Overview
- Blodgett Commercial Ovens Overview
- The Top Five Dual Fuel Double Ovens of 2018
- An In-Depth Look at the Miele 888026 Three-Piece Kitchen Appliance Package
- Whirlpool Sunset Bronze - Unique Beauty and Ultimate Dependability
- The Refrigerator Buying Guide for 2019
- Top Five ADA Compliant Cooktops for 2018
- Hestan Smart Induction Cooktops | Pushing the Limits of Innovation
- An In-Depth Look At A Viking Four-Piece Kitchen Appliance Package
- The Range Hood Buying Guide for 2019
Top 5 Appliance Features for a Busy Lifestyle
Wake up, skip breakfast, chug coffee, work, work, work, more coffee, work, home, sleep, repeat. Does that sound like you? You’re not alone. Too many of us overwork ourselves and it’s important to make time for yourself. Needless to say, doing the dishes and maintaining your appliances (although important) take up a lot of time. Believe it or not, your work schedule is a major factor is choosing appliances for your kitchen. We’re going to give you a rundown ofthe most importantfeatures you need to keep an eye out for when choosing your appliances as a busy body, well as some recommendations of our personal favorites.
Low-Maintenance means less time worrying about appliance upkeep, and more time enjoying yourself.
Picture this: you’ve just gotten a brand new refrigerator and it’s working like a charm. Flash forward to a couple of months down the line and it’s starting to act funky. You’re poised to write an angry review of the product while on the phone with customer service when you’re asked: “When’s the last time you changed the filter?” Maintenance is an important part of appliance upkeep. If you want things to keep functioning like the first day you got them, you’ve got to put in the time to replace parts and keep things running smoothly. Therefore, if your schedule is jam packed seven days a week, it’s hard to find the time to get that done. Luckily, there are industry leading brands that have offered solutions to this issue and are available in a range of price options. Check out our picks for appliances with low-maintenance elements:
This Side-by-Side refrigerator has a Maintenance-free Super Clog Resistant Condenser and a Plasmacluster Ion Air Purifier that never needs to be replaced.
This smooth full surface induction cooktop is easy to clean-- just wipe away spills. You can cook up to four pots or pans on this massive surface but you never have to worry about spills leaking under the burners like on a gas cooktop.
Vacation Mode lets you save money and energy while you take that much needed time off from your busy lifestyle.
Your appliances will keep running whether or not you’re home so in that time, if you don’t have an energy efficient model, you’re wasting more money per year than you should be. This is where energy-star ratings, and more importantly, Vacation Mode capabilities come in. Appliances with Vacation Mode recognize when you’ll be away and adjust their settings accordingly. A refrigeration unit with this feature, for example, would keep a lower, constant temperature because it wouldn’t be open for a while so there’s no need to compensate for cool air lost while the door is open. Below you'll find a couple of options that feature a Vacation Mode setting:
A 36" Profile Series Freestanding Side-by-Side Refrigerator from GE Profile with 28.4 cu. ft. capacity, 4 Glass Shelves, and an External Water Dispenser.
The 36" IQ-Touch Series Electrolux Freestanding Side-by-Side Refrigerator with a 25.93 cu. ft. capacity, 2 Glass Shelves, and an External Water Dispenser.
Self-Cleaning appliances give you back control of your time so you can spend it making memories-- not doing dishes.
Your oven needs to be cleaned at least 4-5 times annually, not counting any accidental spills that may occur. That's a lot of spraying, scrubbing and wiping. One of the best things to do is invest in a self-cleaning model. This feature is available on both range ovens and wall ovens. A self-cleaning oven has a cycle that burns away all food soiling at very high temperatures, leaving behind a small bit of ash that is easily wiped away. The door locks and the process usually lasts for about three hours. It doesn't require any additional action from you so it's easy to set it and forget it while you relax. These are a few of our favorites:
The 30" Gallery Series Gas Freestanding Range from Frigidaire with 5 Sealed Burners, a Storage Drawer, a delay bake feature, and a self-cleaning mode.
The 30" Profile Series Electric Single Wall Oven from GE Profile with a total capacity of 5 cu. ft., 2 Oven Racks, a Sabbath mode, a delay bake option, and a self-cleaning mode.
Speed features in appliances put the petal to the metal and get your tasks done sooner for you, so press "start" and relax.
This is the big one. One of the most important questions you should be asking yourself while shopping for appliances is: how will this save me time? If you're already short on time, you shouldn't get an appliances that requires hours of operating time to deliver good results. This applies to cooking and laundry appliances because no matter how little time you have, you need to make time to prepare a meal for yourself and make sure your clothes are fresh each day. Here are a few suggestions:
This Bosch 30" 800 Series Speed Oven offers microwave speed and oven quality. It's the perfect 2-in-1 appliance and can be both an extra convection oven, and a microwave. The AutoChef Cooking Cycles preset in the unit will let you quickly select recipes and cook food like never before.
This is the 27" Black Stainless Steel Front Load Washer with a 5 cu. ft. capacity, 14 Wash Cycles, AddWash, SuperSpeed, and PowerFoam. This washer saves you time and money with it's rapid SuperSpeed cycle and the ability to add clothes into an already running wash.
Convenience is one of the most important features for the busy body or full-schedule family because it helps you pick which types of appliances to invest in.
Another way to make more time for yourself with your appliances is to choose additional appliances to supplement your core collection that will make life easier and check off some of the tasks on your list for you. Warming drawers and dishwashers are a great way to save time. Warming drawers keep food warm and eliminate reheating while making several dishes at a time. This applies to both the Entertainer and the Workaholic. It can keep sauces or veggies and other sides for a meal warm, as well as large platters for family feasts. Here are some great choices:
This is the 30" Masterpiece Series Thermador Electric Warming Drawer with SoftClsoe Hinges for quiet performance, three temperature settings, a warming mode, and touch controls.
The 30" Miele Warming Drawer has a fan-assisted heating system, touch-sensor controls and a programable timer so you can set it and forget it.
As for dishwashers, doing the dishes is a literal chore and if you can, why wouldn't you avoid it? Dishwashers let you spend more time doing what you love and less time cleaning up. So, you can catch your favorite show, read that book you've been meaning to start, work on a personal project, or just unwind! There's been great technological developments for this appliances and it's now quieter, faster, and more thorough than ever. Below you'll find some of the best dishwashers currently on the market:
This is the 24" Built-In Full Console Dishwasher from Maytag with a QuickWash cycle, a Steam Wash cycle and a Powerblast Cycle that removes the toughest crusted-on food bits with high pressue spray jets, steam, and high temperatures. It's also built to resist stains and cracking to last for years to come.
This is the 24" 800 Series Built In Fully Integrated Dishwasher from Bosch, the quietest dishwasher brand. This model has 6 Wash Cycles, a 16 place setting capacity, an Express Wash cycle that cleans in 30 minutes of less-- all at a 44dBA sound level.
Your schedule reflects your lifestyle and your daily habits are one of the most important things you should be considering while you shop for appliances. The models we've shown here will save you time, money, and energy-- so you can spend more of your time doing what you like with the people you love.