Learn more »
The #5955 Full Sleeper/Reclining Lift Chair is a top of the line unit. It features an over-stuffed backrest with over-stuffed, pillow-top arms. The seat is contoured to offer the most ultimate comfort in seating, no matter what position you are in. Available at AppliancesConnectionThe #5955 Sleeper/Reclining lift chair is the top of the the line in lift chairs. It features a fiber-filled over-stuffed backrest and fiber-filled over-stuffed armrests. The seat is contoured for greater comfort. This model features a lifetime warranty on the frame, lift mechanism and reclining hardware, and a four-year warranty on all remaining items.
- Product Weight: 195
- Product Max Height: 46x40.5x74
- Construction Material: Fiber - 5%; Foam - 10%; Fabric - 10%; Steel - 30%; Fasteners & miscellaneous - 5%
- Seat height is 20 from the floor. Seat depth is 20 from front to back. Width between the arms is 20.5. Armrest height is 8 from top of seat. Backrest height from top of seat is 28.5. When fully reclined, the unit measures 74 deep while in the sleeper position. Weight capacity is 375 lbs.
- Chaise pad is standard. Battery back-up is standard. Note: Battery back-up is not available with Ultra-EZZ III massage system, 4 or 6 vibs/heat. Low volt motor standard. Fiber-filled overstuffed armrests and backrest.
- The frame of the chair is all kiln dried hardwood. All stress points are kiln dried oak. All joints are glued and connected with steel fasteners. Uni-construction of seat-back assembly independently tested at a lab for strength and durability. Gang nails are used at all other critical joints or stress points. All bolts used are grade 5 (MedLift is the only lift chair mfr. that uses grade 5 bolts). All bolts go entirely through the wood. No lag screws are used to secure the mechanism. The mechanism is secured by special locking T-nuts to ensure that the mechanism stays tight throughout the lifetime of the chair. All critical connection points for reclining hardware, etc., have a double locking nut of nylon, aircraft grade quality. All wood screws used are the best and strongest available. Corner blocks are used throughout the chair at all critical points for added strength. An extra rail is used across the top of the seat b ack to help keep the back straight and square.
- Acella-Flex foam, which is a foam developed by Leggett & Platt for use in better furniture, is used in all chairs. This foam is the closest to a perfect seating configuration in the industry. Acella-Flex pushes back 1 lb. for every pound of weight exerted against it. This characteristic makes the chair sit the same for someone who weights 90 lbs. as for someone who weighs 300 lbs. This Acella-Flex foam will keep 99.9% of its original shape and size, whereas, most conventional foam will shrink 10-15% in size over the first few years. Med-Lift also uses a special break-in process before the foam is ever cut to ensure that the foam feels good from the first use on. As an added benefit to the foam, we also glue a layer of super soft on top of the Acella-Flex, which gives a nice feal to the seat, while still allowing all the benefits of the foam. This feature also makes the seat foam pressure-reducing.
- There are five 8-gauge Morley system no-sag springs used in the seat, and these are tied togethr with tie wire to ensure that every spring works together as a seat unit. The springs are correctly spaced on the spring rails by a special clip rail machine. The front seat rail on the frame is larger and thicker than most competitors' models, thus making the seat much stronger and durable. There is a retainer rail secured by steel brads on top of the seat springs to ensure that they do not come loose. There are four 12-gauge back springs that are also tied together with special tie wire for more comfort and endurance. To ensure that the seat springs do not cut into the bottom of the seat foam, a nova bond pad is used.
- The fiber used in the backs is a dustless, odorless, non-allergenic, conjugated fiber. This is the best quality fiber in the industry. Most competitors use a less expensive grade of fiber in their chairs due to the cost. A strand of fiber under a microscope looks like a tiny, twisted spring. This feature makes the backs retain their original shape and gives greater comfort while seated.
- The foundation of the chair is the lift base. We have tested all lift bases on the market today, and have determined that the Super Sagless lift base (made in the U.S.A.) is the best available. A lift base must be as wide as the base of the chair in order to ensure stability in the lifted position. The Super Sagles base we use is the most stable base in the upright lifted position on the market today. This model features the super quiet low volt Okin motor. The fabric used on all Med-Lift chairs meets both Cal 117 and UFAC requirements of flammability. We have an independent lab test our fabric, foam and fiber once a year to ensure that they meet correct specifications. We cannot attach the UFAC tag or even purchase the tags if our components do not pass the testing.
- The following options are available at an additional charge: 4 vib w/heat; 6 vib w/heat; Ultra EZZ III Massage; Moveable infrared heat; Snap-on Head Pillow; Customer's own fabric; Crypton Bella; Crypton Suede. USB Port Remote Hand control
- Stock Id:297797
- Product Number:5955CAH
- Frame Material:Wood
- Ottoman Included:No
- Country Of Origin:United States
- Max Depth:74"