Learn more »
The #5955 Full Sleeper/Reclining Lift Chair is a top of the line unit. It features an over-stuffed backrest with over-stuffed, pillow-top arms. The seat is contoured to offer the most ultimate comfort in seating, no matter what position you are in. Available at AppliancesConnectionThe #5955 Sleeper/Reclining lift chair is the top of the the line in lift chairs. It features a fiber-filled over-stuffed backrest and fiber-filled over-stuffed armrests. The seat is contoured for greater comfort. This model features a lifetime warranty on the wooden frame, lift mechanism and reclining hardware, and a four-year warranty on the remaining items.
- Product Weight: 195
- Product Max Height: 46x40.5x74
- Construction Material: Fiber - 5%; Foam - 10%; Fabric - 10%; Steel - 30%; Fasteners & miscellaneous - 5%
- Seat height is 20 from the floor. Seat depth is 20 from front to back. Width between the arms is 20.5. Armrest height is 8 from top of seat. Backrest height from top of seat is 28.5. When reclined, the back of the seat to the tip of the footrest measures 37.5.
- Chaise pad is standard. Battery back-up is standard. Note: Battery back-up is not available with Ultra-EZZ III massage system, 2, 4 or 6 vibs/heat. Low volt motor standard. Fiber-filled Overstuffed Arms and backrest.
- The frame of the chair is all kiln dried hardwood. All stress points are kiln dried oak. All joints are glued and connected with steel fasteners. Uni-construction of seat-back assembly is independently lab tested for strength and durability. Gang nails are used at all other critical joints or stress points. All bolts used are grade 5 (MedLift is the only lift chair mfr. that uses grade 5 bolts). All bolts go entirely through the wood. No lag screws are used to secure the mechanism. The mechanism is secured by special locking T-nuts to ensure that the mechanism stays tight throughout the lifetime of the chair. All critical connection points for reclining hardware, etc., have a double locking nut, of nylon aircraft grade quality. All wood screws used are the best and strongest available. Corner blocks are used throughout the chair at all critical points for added strength. An extra rail is used across the top of the seat back to help keep the back straight and square.
- Acella-Flex foam is used for padding, which is used for better upholstered furniture. Acella-Flex foam is the closest to a perfect seating configuration in the industry. Acella-Flex basically pushes back 1 lb. for every pound of weight exerted. This characteristic makes the chairs basically sit the same for a person of 90 lbs. or a person of 300 lbs. Acella-Flex will keep 99.9% of its original shape and size, while most conventional foams will shrink 10-15% in size over the first few years. Med-Lift also uses a special break-in process before the foam is ever cut to make the foam feel good from the first use forward. As an added benefit to our foam, we glue a layer of super soft on top of the Acella-Flex which gives a very nice feel to the seat, while still giving you all the benefits of the Acella-Flex base for strength and long life. This feature also makes the seat foam pressure-reducing.
- Seat springs are 9 gauge Morley system no-sag springs. Seat springs are tied together with tie wire to make every spring work together as a seat unit. 5 seat springs are used on this model. The seat springs are correctly spaced on the spring rails by a special clip rail machine. The front seat rail on the frame is larger and thicker than most competitors' which makes the seat mch stronger and more durable. There is a retainer rail secured by steel brads on top of the seat springs to ensure that they do not come loose. The back springs used are 12-gauge, and are also tied together with special tie wire for more comfort and endurance. Some competitors use a piece of cloth across the back instead of springs or webbing. To ensure that the seat springs do not cut into the bottom of the seat foam, a nova bond pad is used.
- The fiber used in the backs is a dustless, odorless, non-allergenic, conjugated fiber. This is the best quality fiber in the industry. Most competitors use a less expensive grade of fiber in their chairs due to the cost. A strand of fiber under a microscope looks like a tiny twisted spring. This feature makes the backs retain their original shape and gives a greater comfort level.
- The foundation of the chair is the lift base. We have tested all lift bases on the market today, and have determined that the Super Sagless lift base (made in the U.S.A.) is the best available. A lift base must be as wide as the base of the chair in order to ensure stability in the lifted position. The Super Sagless base we use is the most stable base in the upright lifted position on the market today. This model features the Okin super quiet low volt motor as standard.
- The following options are available at an additional charge: Ultra-EZZ Massage System; Customer's Own Fabric; Moveable Infrared Heat; Snap-on Head Pillow; 4 Vib/Heat; 6 Vib/Heat NOTE: Battery back-up system not available with Ultra-EZZ III Massage System or 4 or 6 Vib/Heat at this time. Fabric upgrades for this model are Level 5 - Crypton Bella; Crypton Suede; Level 6 - Ultra; Level 7 Oxblood and Tobacco only. USB Port Remote Hand Control
- Stock Id:297773
- Frame Material:Wood
- Ottoman Included:No
- Country of Origin:United States
- Max Depth:74"
Shipping Methods & Details
- Please enter your shipping ZIP Code to get available shipping methods and cost: