- Best Ideas for Outdoor Patio Space
- New Samsung AddWash 27inch Front Load Washer
- Washer and Dryer Combo Appliances
- Alternative Design by ACME Furniture
- Grilling - Cast Iron Grates Versus Stainless Steel Grates
- The 7 Questions you MUST Ask When Purchasing a Dishwasher
- Best Wall Ovens - April 2016
- All About The Wall Oven
- What is the Difference Between Gas vs Electric vs Induction Cooktop/Ranges?
- Agitator or No Agitator
- Chest Freezer vs Upright Freezer
- The Best Dishwashers of April 2016
- Why You Need a Convection Oven
- Dishwashers vs. Hand Washing
- Is Your Air Conditioner Too Noisy?
- Appliances and Voltage
- Top Load Washer vs Front Load Washer
- Scavolini Designs in Our Showroom
- Built-In Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator Picks
- Open vs. Sealed Burners
- Certification Marks
- Top Ten Storage Options For Wine Lovers
- Top 5 Appliance Features for a Busy Lifestyle
- Gas vs Dual Fuel Ranges
- Top 5 Cool Refrigerator Features You Should Know About
- Dishwasher Features and Their Importance
- Freestanding vs. Slide-in Ranges
- Brass vs. Aluminum Burners
- Viking - The Heart of the Kitchen
- Dorm Appliance Suggestions
- Remodeling a U-Shaped Kitchen
- Smart Appliances with App Connectivity
- Top 5 Wall Ovens of 2017
- Top Five Double Wall Ovens of 2017
- Top 5 Dishwashers of 2017
- Top Five Column Refrigerators for 2017
- Everything You Need to Know About Energy-Efficient Appliances
- Top 10 French Door Refrigerators of 2017
- The Best Microwave Drawers of 2017
- Top Five 48-Inch Range Ovens of 2017
- All About the Bosch 24-Inch Compact Laundry Pair
- Top 5 Wall Oven Microwave Combos of 2017
- Top Five 30 Inch Slide-In Ranges in 2017
- Which Range Should You Buy? Professional vs. Standard Ranges
- The Best Front Load Washers of 2017
- The Best HE Top Load Washers of 2017
- Furniture Care Series - Leather Furniture
- The Power of Steam - For Cooking, Cleaning, Laundry and Relaxation
- Internal Venting Vs. External Venting
- Washer Guide - Stackable Vs. Side-By-Side
- Top Ten 36-Inch Ranges of 2017
- Compact Appliances
- Anatomy of Appliances - Dishwashers
- The Best Large Capacity Front Load Washers of 2017
- Top 5 Coffee and Espresso Machines for Coffee Lovers
- Large Capacity Ovens
- Wall Ovens & Cooktop Combos - The New Range Replacement?
- The Best Appliance Finishes of 2017
- The Best Outdoor Grills of 2017
- The Best Compact Front-Loading Washers of 2017
- Remodeling an L-Shaped Kitchen
- How to Build a Luxury Kitchen for Less
- The Benefits Of Convection Ovens
- The Best Gas Ranges Under $1000
- Remodeling A Line Kitchen Layout
- A Guide to Specialty Ovens - Steam and Speed Ovens
- Vented Vs. Ventless Range Hoods
- Furniture Care Series Suede
- All About Built-in Dishwashers
- Freestanding Vs. Built-in Kitchen Appliances
- Flipper Kitchen Tips: How to Remodel Your Kitchen for a Profit
- Anatomy of Appliances - Wall Ovens
- Defrost Methods and How They Work
- A Guide to Maritime Appliances
- New Appliances From Thermador - Column Refrigeration
- Top Ten 24-inch Ranges of 2020
- New in 2017 - Superiore Appliances
- Child Safety Features in Appliances
- Smart Self-Diagnosing Appliances
- A Guide to Building An Outdoor Kitchen
- Energy Star Appliances
- La Cornue and Appliances Connection - An Inevitable Pairing
- How to Get a $2,000 Kitchen on a $600 Budget
- BlueStar Fall And Winter Color Preview
- Ashley Furniture - Powered Comfort
- The Top 5 Sub-Zero Refrigerators of 2017
- Appliances Connection and eCommerce - Shaking Industry Foundations
- Anatomy of Appliances - Refrigerators
- Anatomy of Appliances - Ranges
- Liebherr - Just Refrigeration
- Anatomy of Appliances - Washers
- Furniture Care - Wood
- Anatomy of Appliances - Dryers
- Black Friday Sale 2017
- Vented Vs. Ventless Dryers
- 30-Inch Ranges from Thermador and Wolf
- An In-Depth Look Into The GE Monogram Collection
- Stackable Washer and Dryer Sets - Top 5 for 2019
- Fisher Paykel 24 Inch Washer & Dryer Set
- French Door Vs. Side-By-Side Refrigerators
- The Best Way To Preserve Wine
- Furniture Care - Velvet
- Bosch Smart Appliances with Home Connect
- Holiday Gift Guide for Treating Yourself
- A Holiday Gift Guide for Busy Professionals
- A Holiday Gift Guide For Home Chefs
- Introducing BlueStar's New Chef-Inspired Electric Kitchen!
- Holiday Recipes for Microwaves
- Holiday Recipes For Ranges
- Six Best Speed Ovens
- Holiday Gift Guide for Home Entertainers
- Holiday Recipes For Wall Ovens
- Jenn-Air Appliances Guide
- An Eco-Friendly Holiday Gift Guide
- Holiday Gift Guide For New Homeowners
- Holiday Gift Guide for Home-Based Food Businesses
- A Family Friendly Holiday Gift Guide
- Top 5 Napoleon Fireplaces
- ADA Compliance for Public Restrooms
- Home Bar Essentials
- How to Upgrade Your Home on a Budget for 2018
- Custom Color Appliances
- The Best Side By Side Refrigerators of 2019
- Tips for a New You in 2018
- An Honest Review of the Viking VGIC53014BSS Range
- Viking Rebates | Luxury Kitchens for Less
- Induction Vs. Gas Vs. Electric
- The Best Washer and Dryer Sets. Period.
- GE Premium Appliance Finishes
- What's the Best Appliance Finish for your Kitchen in 2019?
- Miele Dishwasher Rebate Offer
- 36 Inch Freestanding Gas Ranges: Bertazzoni vs. Dacor vs. Tecnogas Superiore
- Top 5 Outdoor Undercounter Refrigerator Drawers
- Top 5 Steam Wall Ovens of 2019
- Should I Repair or Replace My Appliances?
- High Efficiency vs. Traditional Washers | Pros & Cons
- Enhancing Home Decor with Indirect LED Lighting
- French Door Refrigerator Comparison | Jenn-Air vs. Sub-Zero
- Quiz | Which Household Appliance Are You?
- The Quietest Dishwashers of 2019
- Laundry Symbols Guide
- Pitfalls of Rent-to-Own Appliances and Furniture
- Top Five 48 Inch Ranges of 2019
- Top 10 French Door Refrigerators 2018
- Top 5 Washers With No Agitator 2018
- The Best 36 Inch Induction Cooktops of 2019
- The Resurgence of Farm Kitchen Sinks
- The Best Kitchen Appliances Packages of 2019
- Top 5 Best GE Dishwashers 2019
- Top 5 Best Counter-Depth Refrigerators 2019
- Top 5 Best Wall Oven Microwave Combos 2018
- Microwave Drawers - Top 5 of 2019
- Top 5 GE Refrigerators 2019
- All About 24 Inch Compact Washers
- Top 10 Dishwashers of 2019
- Top 5 30-Inch Slide-In Ranges of 2018
- How to Stay Cool and Still Save Money
- Top 10 Double Wall Ovens of 2019
- Sharp Microwaves | A Glimpse Of The Future
- Fill Your Home with the Finer Appliances in Life
- Official Guide to Maintaining Your Laundry Room
- 30 Inch Professional Gas Ranges - Top 5 for 2019
- Top Five 48-Inch Dual Fuel Ranges of 2018
- Are Wolf Professional Ranges Worth It?
- Top Five 30-Inch Dual Fuel Ranges of 2018
- When and Why You Need a New Washer Hose?
- Horizontal Kitchens - On the Rise in 2018
- How to Feel Like a Professional Chef At Home
- Dual Fuel Ranges - Wolf Vs GE Monogram
- New for 2018 - Speed Queen's Top Loading Washers and Matching Dryers
- Top Five 36-Inch Dual Fuel Ranges of 2019
- The Five Most Reliable Luxury Front Load Washers for 2019
- Dream Kitchens with Custom Color Panel Ready Refrigerators
- Top Five 60-Inch Dual Fuel Ranges of 2019
- Comparing LG and Samsung Kitchen Appliance Packages
- Power Cords and Hard Wiring for New Cooking Appliances
- Top Five ADA Compliant Ranges for 2019
- Your Definitive Dual Fuel Range Guide for 2018
- Top Five ADA Compliant Refrigerators for 2019
- Top Five ADA Compliant Wall Ovens for 2019
- Review of the Napoleon Prestige PRO Series 77-Inch Grill
- Introducing Miele's New and Improved W1 T1 line of Washers and Dryers
- Whirlpool's Sunset Bronze Finish is On the Horizon
- An In-Depth Look at Viking Dishwashers
- A Look at Friedrich Air Conditioners - Luxury and Toughness in HVAC
- Your Definitive Guide to Luxury ADA Compliant Kitchen Appliances for 2018
- Best Built-In Gas Grills for 2019
- The Toto Neorest 750H Toilet - Indulgence in the Bathroom
- An In-Depth Look at the LG LMXS30776D Refrigerator
- Frigidaire - Celebrating a Century of Reliability
- Whirlpool Gas Cooktops | An In-Depth Look
- Right Arm Facing/Left Arm Facing Sectional Sofas - How to Tell the Difference
- May is Maytag Month at Appliances Connection
- A Look at the Maytag MEW9630FZ 30-Inch Electric Double Wall Oven
- LG PuriCare | Fresh Air In Your Home
- Why You Need the Miele CVA6405 24-Inch Built-In Coffee
- Appliances Connection vs. Discount Appliance Stores
- An In-Depth Look at the New Frigidaire FFBN1721TV 33-Inch French Door Refrigerator
- The Best Undercounter Wine Coolers for 2019
- The Best Luxury Outdoor Furniture Sets of 2018
- The Dacor Modernist Collection - Modern Can Be Timeless
- SMEG Kitchen Appliance Package Overview
- Fulgor Milano Kitchen Appliance Package Overview
- Frymaster Commercial Fryers Overview
- Blodgett Commercial Ovens Overview
- The Top Five Dual Fuel Double Ovens of 2018
- An In-Depth Look at the Miele 888026 Three-Piece Kitchen Appliance Package
- Whirlpool Sunset Bronze - Unique Beauty and Ultimate Dependability
- The Refrigerator Buying Guide for 2019
- Top Five ADA Compliant Cooktops for 2018
- Hestan Smart Induction Cooktops | Pushing the Limits of Innovation
- An In-Depth Look At A Viking Four-Piece Kitchen Appliance Package
- The Range Hood Buying Guide for 2019
Laundry Symbols Guide
Doing your laundry is simple and straightforward, right? Many people disregard the little symbols located on the tags of their clothes or don't even realize they exist. For some folks, dry cleaning is more of a suggestion than a rule. For others, handwashing their clothes in a sink isn't entirely feasible due to space and time restrictions. Modern laundry machines have a variety of functions and cycles to aid you but to help keep your wardrobe in tip-top shape, you'll need to do a little research on what works best. While we aren't trying to make you over-think laundry day, those little symbols on your clothes tags each have specific meanings and we're here to help define them for you! Following these guidelines will help extend the life of your garments, prevent damage to your clothes, and keep your favorite t-shirt as lucky as the day you bought it! For more information on getting the most out of your laundry day as well as the latest appliance, furniture, and home design news, remember to check out Appliances Connection's exclusive Learning Center!
Machine Wash, Normal - Item may be washed with the hottest available water, detergent, or soap, agitation, and washing machine.
Machine Wash Cold, 30°C - Item should be washed with initial water temperatures not exceeding 30°C, 65° - 85°F.
Machine Wash Warm, 40°C - Item should be washed with initial water temperatures not exceeding 40°C, 105° F
Machine Wash Hot, 50°C - Item should be washed with initial water temperatures not exceeding 50°C, 120°F
Machine Wash Hot, 60°C - Item should be washed with initial water temperatures not exceeding 60°C, 140°F
Machine Wash Hot, 70°C - Item should be washed with initial water temperatures not exceeding 70°C, 160°F
Machine Wash Hot, 95°C - Item should be washed with initial water temperatures not exceeding 95°C, 200°F
Machine Wash, Permanent Press - Item may be machine washed only on the setting designed to keep Permanent Press with cool down or a cold rinse before reduced spin.
Machine Wash, Gentle or Delicate - Item may be machine washed only on the setting designed for gentle agitation and/or reduced time for delicates.
Hand Wash - Item may be washed with water, detergent or soap and gentle hand manipulation.
Do Not Wash - Item may not be washed by any process. Traditionally, these items will be accompanied by Dry Cleaning instructions.
Bleach When Needed - Any commercially available bleach product is safe to use when laundering these items.
Non-Chlorine Bleach When Needed - Only non-chlorine, color-safe bleach is safe to use when laundering these items. Chlorine bleach may not be used.
Do Not Bleach - No bleach product is safe to use when laundering these items. The garment is not colorfast or structurally able to withstand bleach.
Tumble Dry, Normal - A machine dryer may be regularly used at the hottest available temperature setting.
Tumble Dry, Normal, Low Heat - A machine dryer may be regularly used at a maximum of low heat settings.
Tumble Dry, Normal, Medium Heat - A machine dryer may be regularly used at a maximum of medium heat settings.
Tumble Dry, Normal, High Heat - A machine dryer may be regularly used at a high heat setting.
Tumble Dry, Normal, No Heat - A machine dryer may be regularly used only at no heat or air only settings.
Tumble Dry, Permanent Press - A machine dryer may be regularly used only at the permanent press setting.
Tumble Dry, Gentle - A machine dryer may be regularly used only at the gentle setting.
Do Not Tumble Dry - A machine dryer may not be used. Traditionally accompanied by an alternate drying method symbol.
Do Not Dry - A machine dryer may not be used. Usually accompanied by an alternate drying method symbol.
Line Dry - Hang damp item from line or bar, in or outdoors.
Drip Dry - Hang dripping wet item from line or bar, in or out doors, without hand shaping or smoothing.
Dry Flat - Lay out horizontally for drying.
Dry In Shade - Usually accompanies Line or Drip Dry. Dry away from direct sunlight.
Do Not Wring - Do not wring item.
Iron, Any Temperature, Steam or Dry - Regular ironing may be needed and performed at any available temperature with or without steam.
Iron, Low - Regular ironing, steam or dry, may be done at low settings (230°F) only
Iron, Medium - Regular ironing, steam or dry, may be done at medium settings (300°F).
Iron, High - Regular ironing, steam or dry, may be done at High settings (390°F).
Do Not Steam - Steam ironing will harm item, however, regular dry ironing at suggested temperature levels is acceptable.
Do Not Iron - Item should not be smoothed or finished with an iron.
Dry Clean - Dry Clean, any solvent, any cycle, any moisture, any heat.
Dry Clean, Any Solvent - Dry Clean, Any Solvent. Usually used with other restrictions on proper dry-cleaning process.
Dry Clean, Petroleum Solvent Only - Dry Clean using only petroleum solvent. Usually used with other restrictions.
Dry Clean, Any Solvent Except Trichloroethylene - Any Dry Cleaning solvent other than Trichloroethylene is safe to use with this item.
Dry Clean, Short Cycle - May be dry cleaned with A, P, or F solvent restrictions on a short cycle.
Dry Clean, Reduced Moisture - May be Dry cleaned with A, P, or F solvent restrictions with reduced moisture.
Dry Clean, Low Heat - May be Dry Cleaned with A, P, or F solvent restrictions with low heat.
Dry Clean, No Steam - May be used with A, P, or F solvent restrictions with no steam.
Do Not Dry Clean - Item should not be commercially dry-cleaned.