- Best Ideas for Outdoor Patio Space
- New Samsung AddWash 27inch Front Load Washer
- Washer and Dryer Combo Appliances
- Alternative Design by ACME Furniture
- Grilling - Cast Iron Grates Versus Stainless Steel Grates
- The 7 Questions you MUST Ask When Purchasing a Dishwasher
- Best Wall Ovens - April 2016
- All About The Wall Oven
- What is the Difference Between Gas vs Electric vs Induction Cooktop/Ranges?
- Agitator or No Agitator
- Chest Freezer vs Upright Freezer
- The Best Dishwashers of April 2016
- Why You Need a Convection Oven
- Dishwashers vs. Hand Washing
- Is Your Air Conditioner Too Noisy?
- Appliances and Voltage
- Top Load Washer vs Front Load Washer
- Scavolini Designs in Our Showroom
- Built-In Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator Picks
- Open vs. Sealed Burners
- Certification Marks
- Top Ten Storage Options For Wine Lovers
- Top 5 Appliance Features for a Busy Lifestyle
- Gas vs Dual Fuel Ranges
- Top 5 Cool Refrigerator Features You Should Know About
- Dishwasher Features and Their Importance
- Freestanding vs. Slide-in Ranges
- Brass vs. Aluminum Burners
- Viking - The Heart of the Kitchen
- Dorm Appliance Suggestions
- Remodeling a U-Shaped Kitchen
- Smart Appliances with App Connectivity
- Top 5 Wall Ovens of 2017
- Top Five Double Wall Ovens of 2017
- Top 5 Dishwashers of 2017
- Top Five Column Refrigerators for 2017
- Everything You Need to Know About Energy-Efficient Appliances
- Top 10 French Door Refrigerators of 2017
- The Best Microwave Drawers of 2017
- Top Five 48-Inch Range Ovens of 2017
- All About the Bosch 24-Inch Compact Laundry Pair
- Top 5 Wall Oven Microwave Combos of 2017
- Top Five 30 Inch Slide-In Ranges in 2017
- Which Range Should You Buy? Professional vs. Standard Ranges
- The Best Front Load Washers of 2017
- The Best HE Top Load Washers of 2017
- Furniture Care Series - Leather Furniture
- The Power of Steam - For Cooking, Cleaning, Laundry and Relaxation
- Internal Venting Vs. External Venting
- Washer Guide - Stackable Vs. Side-By-Side
- Top Ten 36-Inch Ranges of 2017
- Compact Appliances
- Anatomy of Appliances - Dishwashers
- The Best Large Capacity Front Load Washers of 2017
- Top 5 Coffee and Espresso Machines for Coffee Lovers
- Large Capacity Ovens
- Wall Ovens & Cooktop Combos - The New Range Replacement?
- The Best Appliance Finishes of 2017
- The Best Outdoor Grills of 2017
- The Best Compact Front-Loading Washers of 2017
- Remodeling an L-Shaped Kitchen
- How to Build a Luxury Kitchen for Less
- The Benefits Of Convection Ovens
- The Best Gas Ranges Under $1000
- Remodeling A Line Kitchen Layout
- A Guide to Specialty Ovens - Steam and Speed Ovens
- Vented Vs. Ventless Range Hoods
- Furniture Care Series Suede
- All About Built-in Dishwashers
- Freestanding Vs. Built-in Kitchen Appliances
- Flipper Kitchen Tips: How to Remodel Your Kitchen for a Profit
- Anatomy of Appliances - Wall Ovens
- Defrost Methods and How They Work
- A Guide to Maritime Appliances
- New Appliances From Thermador - Column Refrigeration
- Top Ten 24-inch Ranges of 2020
- New in 2017 - Superiore Appliances
- Child Safety Features in Appliances
- Smart Self-Diagnosing Appliances
- A Guide to Building An Outdoor Kitchen
- Energy Star Appliances
- La Cornue and Appliances Connection - An Inevitable Pairing
- How to Get a $2,000 Kitchen on a $600 Budget
- BlueStar Fall And Winter Color Preview
- Ashley Furniture - Powered Comfort
- The Top 5 Sub-Zero Refrigerators of 2017
- Appliances Connection and eCommerce - Shaking Industry Foundations
- Anatomy of Appliances - Refrigerators
- Anatomy of Appliances - Ranges
- Liebherr - Just Refrigeration
- Anatomy of Appliances - Washers
- Furniture Care - Wood
- Anatomy of Appliances - Dryers
- Black Friday Sale 2017
- Vented Vs. Ventless Dryers
- 30-Inch Ranges from Thermador and Wolf
- An In-Depth Look Into The GE Monogram Collection
- Stackable Washer and Dryer Sets - Top 5 for 2019
- Fisher Paykel 24 Inch Washer & Dryer Set
- French Door Vs. Side-By-Side Refrigerators
- The Best Way To Preserve Wine
- Furniture Care - Velvet
- Bosch Smart Appliances with Home Connect
- Holiday Gift Guide for Treating Yourself
- A Holiday Gift Guide for Busy Professionals
- A Holiday Gift Guide For Home Chefs
- Introducing BlueStar's New Chef-Inspired Electric Kitchen!
- Holiday Recipes for Microwaves
- Holiday Recipes For Ranges
- Six Best Speed Ovens
- Holiday Gift Guide for Home Entertainers
- Holiday Recipes For Wall Ovens
- Jenn-Air Appliances Guide
- An Eco-Friendly Holiday Gift Guide
- Holiday Gift Guide For New Homeowners
- Holiday Gift Guide for Home-Based Food Businesses
- A Family Friendly Holiday Gift Guide
- Top 5 Napoleon Fireplaces
- ADA Compliance for Public Restrooms
- Home Bar Essentials
- How to Upgrade Your Home on a Budget for 2018
- Custom Color Appliances
- The Best Side By Side Refrigerators of 2019
- Tips for a New You in 2018
- An Honest Review of the Viking VGIC53014BSS Range
- Viking Rebates | Luxury Kitchens for Less
- Induction Vs. Gas Vs. Electric
- The Best Washer and Dryer Sets. Period.
- GE Premium Appliance Finishes
- What's the Best Appliance Finish for your Kitchen in 2019?
- Miele Dishwasher Rebate Offer
- 36 Inch Freestanding Gas Ranges: Bertazzoni vs. Dacor vs. Tecnogas Superiore
- Top 5 Outdoor Undercounter Refrigerator Drawers
- Top 5 Steam Wall Ovens of 2019
- Should I Repair or Replace My Appliances?
- High Efficiency vs. Traditional Washers | Pros & Cons
- Enhancing Home Decor with Indirect LED Lighting
- French Door Refrigerator Comparison | Jenn-Air vs. Sub-Zero
- Quiz | Which Household Appliance Are You?
- The Quietest Dishwashers of 2019
- Laundry Symbols Guide
- Pitfalls of Rent-to-Own Appliances and Furniture
- Top Five 48 Inch Ranges of 2019
- Top 10 French Door Refrigerators 2018
- Top 5 Washers With No Agitator 2018
- The Best 36 Inch Induction Cooktops of 2019
- The Resurgence of Farm Kitchen Sinks
- The Best Kitchen Appliances Packages of 2019
- Top 5 Best GE Dishwashers 2019
- Top 5 Best Counter-Depth Refrigerators 2019
- Top 5 Best Wall Oven Microwave Combos 2018
- Microwave Drawers - Top 5 of 2019
- Top 5 GE Refrigerators 2019
- All About 24 Inch Compact Washers
- Top 10 Dishwashers of 2019
- Top 5 30-Inch Slide-In Ranges of 2018
- How to Stay Cool and Still Save Money
- Top 10 Double Wall Ovens of 2019
- Sharp Microwaves | A Glimpse Of The Future
- Fill Your Home with the Finer Appliances in Life
- Official Guide to Maintaining Your Laundry Room
- 30 Inch Professional Gas Ranges - Top 5 for 2019
- Top Five 48-Inch Dual Fuel Ranges of 2018
- Are Wolf Professional Ranges Worth It?
- Top Five 30-Inch Dual Fuel Ranges of 2018
- When and Why You Need a New Washer Hose?
- Horizontal Kitchens - On the Rise in 2018
- How to Feel Like a Professional Chef At Home
- Dual Fuel Ranges - Wolf Vs GE Monogram
- New for 2018 - Speed Queen's Top Loading Washers and Matching Dryers
- Top Five 36-Inch Dual Fuel Ranges of 2019
- The Five Most Reliable Luxury Front Load Washers for 2019
- Dream Kitchens with Custom Color Panel Ready Refrigerators
- Top Five 60-Inch Dual Fuel Ranges of 2019
- Comparing LG and Samsung Kitchen Appliance Packages
- Power Cords and Hard Wiring for New Cooking Appliances
- Top Five ADA Compliant Ranges for 2019
- Your Definitive Dual Fuel Range Guide for 2018
- Top Five ADA Compliant Refrigerators for 2019
- Top Five ADA Compliant Wall Ovens for 2019
- Review of the Napoleon Prestige PRO Series 77-Inch Grill
- Introducing Miele's New and Improved W1 T1 line of Washers and Dryers
- Whirlpool's Sunset Bronze Finish is On the Horizon
- An In-Depth Look at Viking Dishwashers
- A Look at Friedrich Air Conditioners - Luxury and Toughness in HVAC
- Your Definitive Guide to Luxury ADA Compliant Kitchen Appliances for 2018
- Best Built-In Gas Grills for 2019
- The Toto Neorest 750H Toilet - Indulgence in the Bathroom
- An In-Depth Look at the LG LMXS30776D Refrigerator
- Frigidaire - Celebrating a Century of Reliability
- Whirlpool Gas Cooktops | An In-Depth Look
- Right Arm Facing/Left Arm Facing Sectional Sofas - How to Tell the Difference
- May is Maytag Month at Appliances Connection
- A Look at the Maytag MEW9630FZ 30-Inch Electric Double Wall Oven
- LG PuriCare | Fresh Air In Your Home
- Why You Need the Miele CVA6405 24-Inch Built-In Coffee
- Appliances Connection vs. Discount Appliance Stores
- An In-Depth Look at the New Frigidaire FFBN1721TV 33-Inch French Door Refrigerator
- The Best Undercounter Wine Coolers for 2019
- The Best Luxury Outdoor Furniture Sets of 2018
- The Dacor Modernist Collection - Modern Can Be Timeless
- SMEG Kitchen Appliance Package Overview
- Fulgor Milano Kitchen Appliance Package Overview
- Frymaster Commercial Fryers Overview
- Blodgett Commercial Ovens Overview
- The Top Five Dual Fuel Double Ovens of 2018
- An In-Depth Look at the Miele 888026 Three-Piece Kitchen Appliance Package
- Whirlpool Sunset Bronze - Unique Beauty and Ultimate Dependability
- The Refrigerator Buying Guide for 2019
- Top Five ADA Compliant Cooktops for 2018
- Hestan Smart Induction Cooktops | Pushing the Limits of Innovation
- An In-Depth Look At A Viking Four-Piece Kitchen Appliance Package
- The Range Hood Buying Guide for 2019
Holiday Recipes for Microwaves
You made the turkey, the prime rib roast, and the ham to the delight of everyone. The green bean casserole and roasted artichokes with truffle aioli were divine. The trouble is, you still have houseguests for a few more days. You don't have to the energy to cook anything elaborate and leftovers get tiresome after a couple of meals. There is a third option: microwaveable treats!
You've got eggs. You've got a fridge full of gastronomic accoutrements. You've got everything you need to make quick and easy omelets! Takes only 10 minutes to prepare and serves one, but can be scaled up with ease.
|1/4 cup||Arugula, chopped|
|1/3 - 1/2 cup||Filling (With holiday leftovers, I like sliced prime rib, 1/4 in cubed stilton, and roasted artichoke hearts.)|
|To taste||Salt and Pepper|
Step 1 - Beat eggs, water, arugula, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until blended and aerated.
Step 2 - Microwave butter in a glass pie plate on high for 45 seconds or until melted then pour egg mixture into the pie plate.
Step 3 - Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
Step 4 - Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. If microwave does not have a turntable, rotate manually every 30 seconds. DO NOT STIR.
Step 5 - When the top is thickened, and no visible liquid remains, place filling on one half of the omelet and fold the omelet in half.
Step 6 - Serve immediately.
After a day of overdosing on tryptophan, you may want to have an offering that's crisp and light. This dish will put a spring in your palate. Takes about 25 minutes total for prep and cooking. Serves 8 generously.
|6 oz||Dry chorizo, thinly sliced|
|1 1/2 Tbsp||Sherry vinegar|
|1/4 cup||Extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Shallots, minced|
|2 ribs||Celery, thinly sliced|
|4||Large radishes, thinly sliced|
|2 heads||Baby Bibb lettuce, torn|
|To taste||Salt and Pepper|
Step 1 - Line a large microwave-safe plate with paper towels and arrange chorizo slices on top
Step 2 - Cover with a paper towel.
Step 3 - Microwave on high for 1 minute; fat should be rendered and meat should be slightly browned.
Step 4 - If necessary, heat further in 20-second intervals until browned.
Step 5 - Transfer cooked chorizo to a plate to cool. It will crisp as it cools.
Step 7 - In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, shallots, olive oil, salt and pepper then add celery, radishes, and lettuce. Toss until everything is coated.
Step 8 - Sprinkle chorizo chips.
Step 9 - Serve immediately.
I'd be remiss to not include a mug cake in a collection of microwave recipes. This bit of happiness in a cup is sure to satiate even the sweetest tooth. Takes about 15 minutes to prepare and serves one, but you can make as many as you have mugs in your kitchen!
|1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp||All-purpose flour|
|1/4 tsp||Baking powder|
|1/4 cup||Milk, room temperature|
|2 Tbsp||Salted Butter, melted and cooled|
|1/2 tsp||Pure vanilla extract|
Step 1 - In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon for cake until completely combined.
Step 2 - Mix in milk, butter, and vanilla until batter is smooth.
Step 3 - Into 14-oz microwave-safe mug with straight sides, scoop a big spoonful of batter.
Step 4 - Sprinkle in a layer of cinnamon and sugar.
Step 5 - Alternate layers, ending with cinnamon sugar.
Step 6 - Microwave on high for 1 - 1 1/2 minutes, or until it is done to your preference.
Step 7 - Allow a couple of minutes to cool before serving.
The best results in the kitchen require the best tools. GE has been one of the most trusted names in supplying those tools and this countertop microwave is no exception. 10 power levels will have you defrosting and reheating any dish imaginable. Weight and time entry ensures that everything comes out perfectly. Need just a bit more time on that piece of lasagna? The "Add 30 Seconds" button has you covered with one simple press. The extra-large 16" turntable will evenly heat a midnight snack for yourself or hors d'oeuvres for a whole host of guests. One-touch instant operation with the integrated touchpad will make this the easiest appliance to use in your kitchen. With this GE microwave, you'll be able to pull off all of these recipes effortlessly.
Perhaps these recipes have inspired you to upgrade your microwave game. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better way than with this microwave drawer. Sharp was the first to develop the microwave drawer and has continued to advance its already revolutionary design. This piece offers a sizeable 1.2 cu ft capacity without taking up valuable countertop real estate because it's built into your cabinetry. The space is laid out with versatility in mind as you'll be able to fit something as wide as a four-qt. casserole dish or as tall as a 20-oz coffee cup. Just opening and closing the drawer is a dream with either a gentle pull or using the Auto-Touch control panel. Boasting a full 1000-watt power output, this microwave isn't just for reheating. Your ambitions can far exceed the simple recipes discussed here. With its nuanced cooking modes, you can prepare tender, flaky salmon, or even a pate de campagne.