- Top Selling Dishwashers From AppliancesConnection
- Top Selling Refrigerators From AppliancesConnection
- Top Selling Ranges From AppliancesConnection
- Dacor Go Green Instant Savings
- Daily Deals From AppliancesConnection
- The Eco Friendly Eco-Smart Igloo Ethanol Burning Fireplace
- How to buy a wall oven
- Whirlpool's AquaLift(TM) Range
- Whirlpool's New Dishwasher with Industry exclusive features
- President's Day Sale At AppliancesConnection
- Top Selling Built-in Ovens From AppliancesConnection
- AppliancesConnection.com presents "The Universal Constant"
- AppliancesConnection.com presents "The Ninth of Thermador"
- AppliancesConnection.com presents "Sweet, Sweet Justice."
- How to Install Window Air Conditioning Units
- DIY Grill Maintenance
- Tips for Being More Energy Efficient in the Summer
- Summer Must-Haves for your Outdoor Living Area
- Stocking your Wine Cooler for Summer Entertaining
- Celebrate Summer: Take your BBQ Recipes Up a Notch
- Mini Split Air Conditioners Save the Ductless Home
- Window Air Conditioner Guide
- Let's Get Ready to Summer
- 5 Tips to Keep Your Air Unit Running
- Combat High Heat with a Light Wallet
- Top 5 Popular Grill
- Split System Cooling: The Central Air Alternative
- Healthy Eating Tips for Summer
- Back to School: Must-Haves for Every College Student
- How to Have Luxury Appliances in a Small Apartment
- Kelly Ripa, Electrolux, and New York City
- Summer Smart: Use your Oven without Cooking your Kitchen
- Don?t Forget to Outfit the Kitchen
- Transform that Basement into Something Fun!
- Brighten your Home Without Lightening your Wallet
- Making Space in your Place
- Beating the Heat and Keeping Your Health
- Ushering in Autumn with Style!
- Why Go Out When You Could Have a Game Room?
- Home Projects Perfect for Fall
- Be Crafty with your New Dorm Room!
- Modernizing That Old Home
- Updating Your Kitchen Starts Here!
- A Simple Buying Guide for Dishwashers
- Get Your Home in Gear Before Winter
- A New Appliance to be Thankful For
- Your Kitchen is the Holiday Hotspot
- Let's Rock Black Friday
- Brand Spotlight: BEST Range Hoods
- For Those Who Think Young
- Replacing Your Washer and Dryer Can be Stress Free
- How to Get a Convenient Kitchen
- LG Mini Split Systems: Heating for Mild Climates
- Planning Your Holiday Parties Right
- Gift Ideas for Christmas 2013
- Investment Ideas for the New Parent
- How to have a great New Year's Party
- New Year's Resolutions
- Journey, but with Appliances
- Let's Make a Reading Nook
- Announcing Barclay Bath Products
- Christmas May be Over, But Don?t You Deserve a New Kitchen?
- Benefits of Dishwasher Ownership
- It's Not Easy Being Green (Or Is It?)
- New Dishwasher Features from KitchenAid
- How to Occupy Your Winter
- How to Make that Smaller Home More Comfortable
- Christmas May be Over, But Don?t You Deserve a New Kitchen?
- Initial Steps After Moving into a New House
- The Top Five Most Important Household Objects
- How to Buy a Dishwasher
- Capital Cooking: The Legend
- Modernizing Appliances: How Much is Too Much?
- Meet American Comfort
- How to Properly Install a Window Air Conditioner
- Frigidaire Cook?s Kitchen Under $5,000
- Tips for Creating Your Dream Kitchen with LG Appliances
- Which GE Refrigerator is Best for Your Kitchen?
- 3 Samsung Appliance Must Haves for Any Foodie
- Introducing the GE French Door Refrigerator
- The Quick Guide to Choosing Bosch Refrigerators
- Introducing the New Coffee Brewing Fridge
- Frigidaire's Refreshing Decision
- Dacor's New Talking Oven
- Whirlpool's Front Control Ranges Are FIT
- Unveiling of Three Goliath Fridges
- New Line of Small Kitchen Appliances?Packs a Punch
- New Kitchen Appliances That Will Make Your Head Spin
- GE's Wink Upgrade
- Whirlpool Dishwashers with a 6th Sense
- Refrigerator Buying Guide (Part 1)
- Are You Smart Appliance Savvy?
- Refrigerator Buying Guide (Part 3)
- The $6,000 Samsung Refrigerator: Samsung Chef RF34h990S4
- Everything You Needed to Know About 4K TVs
- Compact Appliances for Compact Spaces
- Earth Day 2015 : Choose to be an Energy Star
- Small Kitchen Space-Saver Ideas
- Using Steel in Your Kitchen - The Right Way
- Stainless Steel is Out - Black Stainless Steel is In!
- Tecnogas ? Exclusive iconic brand from Italy
- GE Caf? Promo - Get a free dishwasher
- Slate remains the top alternative to stainless
- Normal Eco Cycle - How does it work?
- Welcome to Family Hub ? New hot release from Samsung
- New Samsung AddWash 27-inch Front Load Washing Machine
- Washer & Dryer Combo Machines
- 5 Best Dishwashers
- Bosch's New 36" Standard Depth French Door Bottom Freezer 800 Series - Stainless Steel B26FT80SNS
- Receive a Free Premium Microwave or Dishwasher with Qualifying Electrolux Bundle
- Appliances Connection Offers Free GE Caf? Dishwasher
- Appliances Connection Visits Monogram Design Center
- Tecnogas Launches Superiore Ranges in the U.S. with Rebate
- Appliances Connection Visits Smeg Showroom
- Grilling Season is Near. Be Your Own Grill Master with the Best Outdoor Grills.
- Appliances Connection Offers Professional Quality Ranges for the Home
- Appliances Connection at BuildingsNY 2016
- The Appeal of The Man Cave - The Best Ideas For Your Man Cave
- Get Caffeinated with Appliances Connection
- Elevate Your Culinary Living with Appliances Connection
- Crown Verity Celebrates Their 25th Anniversary
- A Look Into Viking: 7-Series Freestanding Ranges
- A Look Into Viking: Cooktops & Rangetops
- A Look Into Viking: Built-In Wall Ovens
- A Look Into Viking: Microwaves & Specialty Ovens
- Napoleon Grills Taking Over America
- A Look Into Viking: Professional Refrigeration
- A Look Into Viking: Dishwashers
- A Look Into Viking: Outdoor Products
- A Look Into Viking: Ventilation
- A Look Into Viking: Viking Tuscany
- They Just Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To
- Unwind Like A Pro With Appliances Connection
- The Thermador Product Constellation: Professional Ranges & Rangetops
- The Thermador Product Constellation: Ovens, Microwaves & Drawers
- 7 Reasons Why Customers Love Appliances Connection
- BlueStar's Platinum Series Paint Promotion! Going on NOW!
- Fisher & Paykel Deals Going On Now!
- New & Notable Appliances from Samsung at Appliances Connection!
- Bosch Promotions Going On Now at Appliances Connection!
- Sharp Appliances for the Health Conscious
- Viking 3-Series: Simple Yet Powerful Products
- The Thermador Product Constellation: Cooktops
- The Thermador Product Constellation: Ventilation and Dishwashers
- New Built-In Appliances from Samsung!
- Bosch Labor Day Savings at Appliances Connection!
- LG at AC! Labor Day Deals That Will Save You Tons of Cash!
- Labor Day Deals on Whirlpool Bundles at AppliancesConnection!
- College Kitchen Appliance Ideas: Affordable & Convenient
- Electrolux & Frigidaire Deals for Labor Day!
- It's Still Grillin' Weather! Coyote Deals You Don't Want to Miss!
- GE Profile: Great Appliances for Small Spaces & Busy People
- Labor Day Sales Going on Now at Appliances Connection
- Meet Sofia: Fulgor Milano's Newest Addition to their Pro-Range Family
- The Best Washer at the 2016 KBIS: The LuxCare Washer from Electrolux
- The New Luxury Refrigerators from Electrolux
- The Thermador Product Constellation: Refrigeration & The Savor
- When is the best time to buy appliances?
- Thermador Appliances in Home Beautiful's Kitchen of the Year 2016!
- 5 Best Holiday Kitchen Appliances for the Frequent Host | 2016
- The Best Wall Oven for Holiday Cooking | 2016
- The Best Bosch Appliances for a Flawless Thanksgiving Dinner!
- Best Black Friday Appliance Deals!
- The Best Cooking Appliances for Tiny Houses
- Introducing: Dacor's Exclusive Black Stainless Steel Column Refrigerators
- A Brand New Outdoor Appliances from Viking
- What's The Scoop? - Miele Appliances in 2017 - Part 1: Dishwashers
- What's the Scoop? - Miele Appliances in 2017 - Part 2: Ovens
- How to Setup Your Backyard or Patio for the Perfect Memorial Day BBQ
- Ventless Dryers: The Vent-Less Way to Dry Your Clothes
- How to Remodel Your Kitchen on a Budget
- Doug Bowen, Brooklyn?s Top Townhouse Broker Reveals How Dated Kitchens Become Showstoppers
- Best Freezer Buying Guide
- Heating and Cooling Buying Guide
- Installing a Garbage Disposal Unit
- Why Appliances Connection Is The Best Viking Dealer
- Honest Reviews of the 5 Most Reliable Viking Ranges
- Top 10 Appliances Chosen by Joanna Gaines for HGTV's
- 5 of The Best Outdoor Grills on The Market in 2018
- 5 Of The Best Propane Grills Of 2018
- Appliances And Tips For Remodeling A Kitchen On A Budget
- A Look at the Viking RVRF3361SS 3 Series 36-Inch Counter Depth French Door Refrigerator
- Innovative Products, German Design, and Surging Sales. We Talk To Miele, The Company That Seems to Do No Wrong.
- Getting a $100,000 Kitchen Look on a $10,000 Budget
- Element88, A Funky New Addition to the Williamsburg Skyline
- The Hottest Kitchen Design Trends And Appliances To Match
- How House Flippers Save $1000s on Appliances by Shopping Online
- Best Kitchen Appliance Finishes For 2018
- 5 Celebrities With La Cornue Kitchens You Need To See
- South Florida's Newest Developments Exude Luxury. We Look At The Kitchens Inside.
- Go-To Appliance Brands for House Flippers
- Save and Even Make Money with Appliances Connection?s Trade, Builder, and/or Referral Programs
- Kitchen Remodeling Mistakes Home Flippers Must Avoid
- Appliances Connection Makes House Flipping Easier By Installing Your Kitchens and Bathrooms
- 7 Essential Home Goods Items For House Hacking
- Do Stainless Steel Appliances Increase The Value Of Your Home?
- Your Guide to Buying Portable Air Conditioners
- Buying Guide: Best Electric Fireplaces
- Fisher Paykel 5-Piece Kitchen Package Overview
- 5 Trends in Kitchen Appliances for 2018
- 8 Reasons House Flippers Fail And How You Can Avoid Them
- Impending Tariffs Will Increase Appliance Prices. Now Is The Time To Buy.
- Overview Of A 4-Piece Appliance Package From Thor
- Pittsburgh's Red Hot House Flipping Market Is Transforming The City
- American Appliance Manufacturers Could Be The Big Beneficiaries From New Tariffs
- Our Definitive Guide to Buying a Ceiling Fan
- Overview Of A 4-Piece Appliance Package From Monogram
- It?s Official, Older Homes In The Northeast US Are Tops For Home Improvement
- Overview Of A Bertazzoni 4-Piece Kitchen Package
- Appliances Connection 2018 Black Friday Sale
- Liebherr Earns Energy Star Rating for Multiple Refrigerators Eight Years in a Row
- Luxury Appliances Can Be Yours Through Special Financing with the Appliances Connection Credit Card
- A Detailed Look At A 4-Piece Kitchen Package From Miele
- 5 Small Appliances That Make Great Holiday Gifts
- Bring The Modern Hamptons Look to Your Home With This Curated Design Set
- Perlick: A Century Of Excellence In Refrigeration
- An In-Depth Look at a Kucht 4-Piece Kitchen Package
- Connect Your Home with a Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator and the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Control Your Major Home Appliances with Google Assistant
- Introducing the New Frigidaire 36-Inch Four Door French Door Refrigerator
- Kitchen Entertaining with Manhattan Minimalist Style
- An Overview of a Thermador 3-Piece Kitchen Package
- Ultimate Buying Guide for Induction Cookers - Everything You Need to Know
- Overview of a DCS 48-Inch Liquid Propane Grill
- Kitchen Design for Every Taste with Customizable Sub-Zero Refrigerators
- An In-Depth Overview of a Hestan 36-Inch Dual Fuel Freestanding Range
- Frederick McKinley Jones: Pioneer in Air Conditioning and More
- Window Air Conditioner Buying Guide
- Meet the Appliances Connection Sales Experts
- U-Line Compact Refrigeration: A Company of Firsts
- The #1 Buying Guide for Counter Depth Refrigerators
- A Pleasant Change of Pace at a Miele Wall Ovens Demonstration
- Expert Opinion: Best Pro-Style Ranges
- Expert Opinion: Most Popular Family Refrigerators
- Upright Freezers Buying Guide
- 5 Best Bosch Dishwashers of 2020(Reviews / Ratings / Prices)
- French Door Refrigerator Buying Guide
- Best Humidifier Buying Guide
- Expert Opinion: Best 36-Inch Induction Cooktops for 2020
- Expert Opinion: Five Best Steam Ovens for 2020
- Introducing Cove Dishwashers
- Clean Stainless Steel Appliances with Vinegar and Oil
- Miele vs Fisher & Paykel Dual Fuel Ranges
- 5 Best Miele Dishwashers for 2020 (Reviews / Ratings / Prices)
- Overview of a Miele 4-Piece Kitchen Appliance Package
- Go Green with the Fisher & Paykel Double DishDrawer
- Best of Luxury Column Refrigeration - Liebherr Monolith
- Introducing the New Frigidaire 30-Inch Slide-In Gas Range with Air Fry
- Everything You Need to Know About Sub-Zero Smart Appliances
- Everything You Need to Know About Cove Smart Appliances
- Guide to Getting the Most Out of Your Commercial Dishwasher
- Bosch French Door Bottom Freezer Refrigerators Are Coming!
- 9 Simple Ways to Maintain Your Home
- Top 5 Quietest Window Air Conditioners of 2020
- New Bosch Dishwasher with CrystalDry and Home Connect
- What Is A Smart Appliance?
- Using Thermador Home Connect in Your Smart Kitchen and Beyond
- 3-Piece Whirlpool Kitchen Package: Luxury for Less Than $5,000
- The 5 Best Narrow Refrigerators of 2020
- Jenn-Air Rise and Noir Series ? Comparing High-End Designs
- Bring Elegance to Your Kitchen with the Café Modern Glass Series
- 7 Best Built-In Refrigerators Based on Independent Consumer Surveys
- 5 Best High-End Appliance Brands of 2020
Ventless Dryers: The Vent-Less Way to Dry Your Clothes
Almost 80% of American homes have a clothes dryer, so were all very familiar with that big hot box. Some of us may even save quarters to go to--EEK!--the laundromat when we just don't live in a large enough space for a dryer. There, we can certainly see plenty of those giant, traditional, vented dryers lined up side-by-side. There still may be a type that many still don't know about, though, because they still aren't in the mainstream in America: Ventless dryers, and THAT just may save you from running to the laundry.
This image features the White Miele Laundry Pair consisting of the W3048 24" Front Load Washer and the T8033C 24" Electric Condenser Dryer.
Ventless dryers have actually been around for decades--in Europe. In fact, there they are just called dryers. Many countries much prefer ventless dryers; Switzerland has been outlawing our big, vented dryers since 2012. The reason for their European popularity is this: European homes tend to be very small, in very old buildings, and they just cannot accommodate the large, vented ones that we have here. By the same token, Americans like things BIG, reminiscent of all those Texas cliches about everything being big.
Ventless dryers are a great choice when you live in a small space, because it can always go under the counter or in a closet, as long as there's an electric socket and proper air flow. Just because the dryer doesn't have a vent doesn't mean it doesn't need air circulation. If yours is in a closet, be sure to leave the door open while you dry, says Sophie Todd of Sophie Design, one of the in-house designers for Appliances Connection. And if it's under the counter be sure there's an inch or two on each side and in the back, but you really don't need a special room that's used only for laundry.
Many ventless dryers are stackable, or can be placed side-by-side with the washer (just be sure it's the same width!) We even read about one clever do-it-yourself who made a makeshift dining table that performed double duty as a laundry. He placed a small washer and ventless dryer side-by-side, next to the plumbing lines in the kitchen, and then built a dining table over it so they'd be encased, hidden from view, and could be used as a table when needed.
Vented vs. Ventless Dryers
Vented dryers pull room temperature air from the laundry room. They heat the air, roll the clothes around in it, then blow out the exhaust, complete with evaporated moisture, outside into the air. Obviously, there needs to be a hole in the wall through which the exhaust will pass.
The problem is that, when the air is cold, chances are your home won't be warm, and your furnace is going to have to work harder to make it up. Then it gets even worse in summer because your house air has been cooled, probably by an air conditioner or fan. So the dryer has to heat it up and then just blow it outside--which seems like a waste, doesn't it?
The ventless dryer, on the other hand, does not need exhaust. Like a vented one, it does pull in cool air and heat it up, but the similarity ends there, because a heat exchanger cools the heated air which, in turn, causes the moisture in the air to liquify and then go into a containment chamber within the dryer. It gets pushed into the drum where it heats the clothes and evaporates the water. It just keeps repeating that cycle until the clothes are fully dry. There's no need to blow anything out, because the water either goes down the drain or collects in a tray.
Where Do Ventless Dryers Work Best
Aside from the space considerations that Sophie Todd mentioned, ventless dryer are also good when you rent or otherwise just can't punch a hole in the wall.
They're a great choice as a marine appliance, said Ahmed Ahmed, another in-house designer at Appliances Connection. It's not exactly a good idea to punch a hole in a boat! Seriously, though, they're also compact enough that you can plan to take a long trip and not have to worry about finding a laundromat on land.?
These two are from Bosch, widely known around the globe as a leader in laundry appliances:
The Advantages of Ventless Condenser Drying
The Whirlpool WED9290FC Dryer The obvious answer is not needing to punch a hole into the wall to vent. Another advantage is that your air conditioner or furnace won't have to work for air that only ends up going outside.
Ventless condenser drying is a lot more gentle on the clothes. The clothes are much cooler when they come out which makes some people think they're still wet, but they aren't. Even though a lot of people love that warm, toasty feeling they get after a piece of clothing dries in a vented dryer, it's actually not good for fabric. Traditional vented dryers can overdry, and that causes things like shrinkage, color running and fading, and sometimes even tears.
You can actually see the damage just by looking in the lint tray. Lint is created by those tiny tears in fabric, and over time that's going to result in a tear.
Other advantages include:
- It's a lot less expensive to install because you don't need pipes or find the place to vent. You just need an electrical socket.
- Ventless dryers use about 30% less energy than the traditional ones.
- Chances of clogging and fire are decreased because you're not venting out anything.
One disadvantage is that it does take a little longer for the clothes to dry.
LG DLEC888W: 24-inch dryer with 4.2 cubic foot capacity, 14 dry cycles and 5 temperature settings. It comes with SmartDiagnosis sensor, in white.
A removable water reservoir collects water from the drying process, and the sensor adjusts the drying time based on the amount of moisture.
The NFC tag-on technology lets you download cycles from your smartphone. The Wrinkle Care option prevents wrinkles by continuing to tumbling your load for 3 hours when you are unable to remove clothes immediately from the dryer. Smart, huh?
When it comes to appliances for the home, Whirlpool really knows its stuff! They design intentionally to--as they say in their website--handle whatever the day may bring.This theWhirlpool WED7990FW:A 27-inch electric dryer with a 7.4 cubic foot capacity, 7 dry cycles and 4 temperature settings.
Efficient dryer technology--and you can even dry comforters!-- lets you use less energy than ever. Wrinkle Shield technology helps prevent wrinkles.
Miele, a family-owned company, has been in operation since 1899. This creative, and highly innovative company even has a department called Miele Marine, with appliances that to specifically address the needs of the boating world. This is theMieleT8033C:A 24-inch electric dryer with condenser drying with 8 dry cycles, drum lighting, and honeycomb lighting.
If you store your dryer in a closet, vacuum regularly to keep dust under control.
Just as with any appliance, regular maintenance is a must to keep it working properly--but it's still quite a bit less than with the others. With the vented ones you always have to check for lint and you only really need to wash the lint trap every two weeks or so. Empty the containment chamber and lint trap to be sure nothing is left to clog pipes. Be sure to check the condenser every three or four months because, no matter how careful you are, lint can still accumulate there. This should be done on a regular basis--preferably after each load. You can also use any collected water on plants or in the garden.
To wash the lint trap (after removing the trapped lint, of course): Use a gentle soap and soft brush to clean away residue, such as that from detergentor fabric softener. Clean the outside of the dryer with a damp cloth and some gentle detergent.
What is a Heat Pump
Most of the ventless dryers sold in the United States are condenser types, but in 2014 a few manufacturers started to sell heat pumps in the United States in 2014. Here, the condenser is replaced, so the heat pump just keeps recirculating hot air into the drum.
Heat pumps have been found to be even more efficient at drying clothes than condensers--but they are still just as gentle.
Ventless dryers offer significant energy savings, using about half the energy of a traditional model and, while they are far from main steam in the United States, they are offering more cycles and design and measurements that would look at home in the laundry room.
Appliances Connection carries ventless products from many to--of-the-line manufacturers that also include Asko, Blomberg, Electrolux, Fagor, Haier, Panda and Summit.
As always, if you don't see something, ASK, because we can order it for you!
Now that you know everything about ventless dryers, tell us about your own experience with them.? We love to hear from our customers!
Visit theAppliances Connection website to view thousands of appliances at competitive prices.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 1(800)-299-9470 for knowledgeable and professional service.