But which is the best commercial washing machine brand? The experts at Appliances Connection are going to guide you through a comparison between Miele commercial washer features and Speed Queen commercial washer features. Because when choosing a professional washing machine, it’s important to know what brand is best for your needs. Now lets examine some of the primary characteristics of each brand’s heavy duty washing machine.
Miele has an extremely wide range of prices with their commercial washers, with the least expensive coming in at just $899,00, then rising all the way up to $24,999.00 for one of their biggest models, the Miele PW6321S Professional Series 43 Inch Commercial Front Load Washer
Speed Queen has a much lower base for their line of washers, starting at just $699.00 for the Speed Queen LDEE7RGS173TW01 27 Inch Commercial Electric Dryer with an 18 lb. capacity and going up to $4,199.00.
When it comes to affordable prices, Speed Queen definitely comes out ahead.
Miele washers offer an array of innovations to get clothes clean. Many of them, such as the mid-priced Miele PWM908DPSS Little Giants Series 24 Inch Smart Compact Front Load Washer are Wi-Fi enabled for remote control and monitoring. Special scoop ribs in the honeycomb drum scoop up water and transport it to the top of the drum during washing ensuring a thorough soaking and ideal conditions for achieving excellent wash results. And for the ultimate clean, and there is a special program that make Miele an ideal choice for hospitals and care homes.
Speed Queen’s own mid-priced commercial washer, the Speed Queen LWNE22SP115TW01 26 Inch Commercial Top Load Washer also offers some performance-boosting options, such as a curved four-vane agitator that delivers an industry-best 210-degree wash stroke that produces unparalleled cleaning results. Extra-large capacity stainless steel tub ensures long-lasting, dependable performance. And an advanced suspension system eliminates the possibility of an unbalanced load.
Both brands offer their own type quality performance, but it would seem that Miele offers a higher-quality clean than Speed Queen.
Here, we’re going to take a closer look at a couple of machines from Miele and Speed Queen to see what special features, components, and programs they have to make your laundry day easier
This Professional Series 37 Inch Commercial Front Load Washer has 4.94 cu. ft. capacity and a powerful 1075 rpm spin mode.
- Automatic Load Control Plus – uses the exact right amount of water
- Peak-load Cut-out –allows for energy costs to be lowered effectively
- Innovative Suds Container - permits low water usage
- Patented Honeycomb Drum - lets garments glide gently on a thin film of water
- Short Program Cycles – gets the job done fast
- Imbalance Monitoring - reduces mechanical strain even at high spin speeds
- Asynchronous Motor - facilitates maximum performance and durability
- Spring-in-spring System - minimizes the impact of vibrations during the spin cycle
- Patented Pre-spin - clothes are rinsed out before the start of the washing process
Speed Queen’s 27 Inch Commercial Front Load Washer has 3.42 cu. ft. Capacity with a 1200 RPM spin cycle, and three temperature settings.
- Revolutionary Balancing Technology - redistributes off-balance loads
- Low Water Usage - reduces operating costs
- High Speed Extract - 1200 RPM final spin
- Larger Door Opening - extra wide for easy loading and unloading of clothes
- Stainless Steel Wash Tub – durable and won’t pill or snag clothes
- Four Compartment Supply Dispenser – for prewash, wash, fabric softener, bleach
As you can see, when it comes to features Miele is the definite winner, offering far more technological innovations and useful amenities than Speed Queen.
Well, it seems that Miele is the better brand when it comes to commercial washing machines. But that is to be expected, given their quality control and luxury status. Then again, if you are working to budget or buying in bulk, Speed Queen offers a more affordable line of units. It all depends on what you want, need, and can afford.
Please leave comments and suggestions below.
Are commercial washers better?
Commercial washers are more durable because they’re made to used constantly. They are also typically made to be repaired easily.
Is Speed Queen Made in USA?
Yes. Speed Queen has been headquartered in Ripon, Wisconsin, for more than a century with more than 2,000 employees.
How long do Miele washing machines last?
Manufactured in Germany with strict quality control and extreme testing, Miele washing machines are designed to last about 20 years.