- What Microwave Wattage Do You Need?
- Choosing the Right Range for Your Home
- BBQ Styles by Region (Infographic)
- Honest Reviews of the 5 Most Reliable Viking Cooktops
- Top Real Estate Broker, Frances Katzen, Reveals the Luxury Kitchens and Appliances Manhattan Craves
- Food and Travel Writer, Matt Goulding Talks Culture, Cuisine, and His New Book
- Tradition, Style and Performance, Hallmarks of Bertazzoni's Newest Kitchen Appliances
- Modern Love: A Conversation About the Dacor Modernist Collection
- The Frigidaire 30-Inch Induction Freestanding Range: Hot Appliance, Cool Price
- Introducing the New Thermador 24-Inch Built-In Coffee Machine
- Building An Outdoor Entertainment Area For Autumn
- 5 Thermador Celebrity Kitchens You Have To See
- 10 Celebrity Wolf/Sub-Zero Kitchens You Have To See
- The Ultimate in Cooking Customization with PITT Cooktops
- Entertaining with Classic Hamptons Style
- 4-Piece Stainless Steel Kitchen Package From Bosch
- Dinner Theater at a Wolf Product Demonstration
- Expert Opinion: Appliances Connection's Best Selling Pro-Style Dual Fuel Ranges for 2020
- 5 Best Induction Ranges of 2020
- Wolf vs Hestan: Induction Cooktops
- Best 36-Inch Gas Cooktops of 2020 (Reviews / Ratings / Prices)
- Outdoor Grills: Propane vs Natural Gas
- Top 6 30-Inch Dual Fuel Ranges for 2020
- 6 Best 30-Inch Slide-In Ranges of 2020
- 3 Reasons to Choose a Wolf M Series Speed Oven
- Everything You Need to Know About Wolf Smart Appliances
- Build a Simple Outdoor Kitchen on a Budget (RTA Outdoor Living Overview)
- 4 Best Outdoor Pizza Ovens of 2020
- ILVE Nostalgie: The Italian Range You've Been Looking For
- Why You Should Buy a Sharp Microwave Drawer
- An Interactive Demonstration of Dacor Modernist Appliances at Their NYC Showroom
- Introducing Bosch Black Stainless Steel Slide-In Ranges
- XO Appliances: A Trusted Name in Luxury Range Hoods
ILVE Nostalgie: The Italian Range You've Been Looking For
Images Courtesy of Michael Petruso
In 1969, there were two Italian friends living in Venice with an entrepreneurial spirit and a love of haute cuisine. They set out to share their passion with the world. As a result, ILVE was formed, and the company carved out a niche as a respected manufacturer of handcrafted ranges. With ILVE ranges, you get the luxury and quality of Italian design and engineering. Let's examine how ILVE's range designs have evolved over the years, and then take a look specifically at ILVE UPN120FDMPIX from their Nostalgie Series. See the complete line of ILVE ranges, click here.
ILVE Through the Year
When Eugenio Illotti and Evelino Berno first began manufacturing, they used their skills to develop commercial-quality cookers for local restaurants. Soon after, the professional chefs wanted these ranges in their homes. Thus, did ILVE enter the residential market. Observing the direction in taste for domestic ranges, they launched a line of country style ovens. This rustic aesthetic has persevered through the decades and serves as the essence of their Nostalgie series today. As ILVE gained prominence, they began selling throughout Oceania and East Asia in the 1980s, establishing a foothold on the international stage. Now, they've set their sights on North America.
This particular ILVE unit can seamlessly blend into most kitchens thanks to its stainless steel finish. This is nicely complemented by the range's knobs and handles clad in lustrous chrome. Just under the cooktop handle's leftmost side is a multi-function programmable clock and timer. Moving lower, each double oven door has embedded insulating triple-pane glass that you can easily remove and clean. At its base, tubular legs complete this range's modern look.
One of the principal features of this range is its set of retro-style knobs. Behind their classic façade, however, is a host of contemporary functions. Simply push the knobs for instant electronic ignition of each burner. The oven is controlled with an Easy-To-Use Selector Knob setting nine varied convection functions pictured on its ring. Whether you're baking a pie with Pizza Mode, thawing meat with the Defrost Function, or cooking in a hurry with Quick Start, theres a program to accommodate every kind of culinary technique.
UPN120FDMPIX Natural Gas Cooktop
Topping off this dual fuel model are seven high-efficiency sealed burners ranging in power from 7,000 to 15,500 BTUs. Each comes equipped with a flame failure safety device to prevent gas leaks that might cause a fire hazard. When cleaning, the enameled burner covers can be removed so you won't struggle trying to wipe down narrow crevices. Framing these burners are sturdy, continuous grates that enable you to slide pots and pans across the cooktop with ease.
The most powerful among this ILVE's burners is a Dual Triple Ring Burner. With a single knob, you can control an inner burner independently of the outer burner. As a result, you can switch from 1,260 BTUs to lightly simmer diced vegetables all the way to 15,500 BTUs for boiling a chicken carcass or beef bones to make stock. Additionally, this cooktop boasts a 10,500 BTU Integrated Griddle that's perfect for preparing omelets, griddle cakes, potato hash, and much more. When not in use, the griddle cover can be removed, revealing an oval burner that will fit, among other things, a roasting pan to boil down drippings and make gravy.
UPN120FDMPIX Dual Electric Oven
This ILVE model sports a dual convection oven design, splitting the total oven capacity into a spacious 3.55 cu. ft. section and a compact 1.45 cu. ft. section, each with individual selector knobs. This design is especially convenient for simultaneously cooking foods requiring different heat settings. While using the Convection Grilling Mode to rotisserie cook a succulent chicken in the larger oven, you can bake a pan of sweet cornbread in the smaller oven with Conventional Bake Mode. If your oven's contents need more time than the others, store the finished items in the full width bottom warming drawer. This drawer slides easily using ball bearing glides and stores food in temperatures ranging from 125 to 200 degrees F. Drawing heat from the oven, it uses no additional electricity, saving you money on your energy bills.
If you need a range that blends old-world aesthetics with modern technological innovations, this ILVE model will surely exceed expectations. Whatever type of Italian range you're looking for, ILVE has endless options for you to survey until you're satisfied.