- How to buy a Toilet
- American Flag Cake
- Dishwasher Graphic Guide!
- I Furnished My Laundry Room?Now What?
- The 7 Best Kitchen Appliances to Give as Wedding Gifts
- The Best Home Appliances for Apartment Living
- How to Find the Best Deals Online?
- Do You Repair or Replace Your Appliances?
- Ask Yourself These Five Questions Before Buying an Appliance
- Should You Buy A Washer-Dryer Combo?
- To Steam, or Not to Steam?
- The Benefits of Buying Kitchen Appliance Packages
- Freezer or Refrigerator -- You Choose!
- What Happens Inside a Dishwasher
- Why Is My Glassware Cloudy?
- What?s Most Important in a Kitchen?s Design
- Best Apartment Size Appliances Every Household Should Have
- What Do Dishwasher Noise Levels Even Mean?
- How to Host a Barbecue in the Comfort of Your Kitchen
- How to Choose the Right Grill for Your Outdoor Kitchen
- Stainless Steel and Fighting the Fingerprints
- What to Know When Buying Your Appliances Online
- Appliances Connection Announces Mobile Site
- How to Care for Cast Iron Appliances
- Kitchen Remodel Tips
- Black Friday Deals at Appliances Connection
- Life is Good for LG Washers
- Do Smart Appliances Really Help Make Things Simpler? My Experience
- What Makes Smart Appliances, 'smart'?
- Appliance Connection?s Designer Spotlight : Klein Kitchen and Bath
- 5 Tips for Choosing Your First Smart Appliance
- Transform Your Kitchen into a Work of Art with GE Artistry
- The Bosch Washer Promise
- The Samsung French-Door Revolution
- Home of the Future: Smarter and More Energy Efficient
- Whirlpool Dishwasher with AccuSense
- 5 Benefits of Owning a Curved TV
- Energy Star Certified Commercial Foodservice Equipment
- To Clean or Not to Clean
- Are You Washing Laundry the Right Way?
- Introducing the GE Cafe French-door Wall Oven
- Refrigerator Buying Tips
- Should You Purchase an Extended Warranty?
- Swash Fits Your Lifestyle and Your Space
- Do You Need a Smart Home or a Thoughtful Home?
- Frigidaire FGVU17F8QF: Is it a Refrigerator or a Freezer?
- Samsung Brings Their A Game ? Top Chef Collection
- 5 Father's Day Gifts Dad is Sure to Love
- Holy Smokes! It?s an Invisible TV!
- Welcome to the Diamond Life - LG Diamond Collection
- GE Caf? for the Serious Home Cook
- Ultimate Washer Buying Guide
- Electrolux IQ Touch EI30GF45QS
- Range Buying Guide
- Cooking Safely with Gas
- How to Extend the Life of Your Refrigerator
- 3 Ways to Clean Your Stainless Steel Appliances
- Is 2015 Year of the Black Stainless Steel Appliances?
- Food Handling 101
- Food Safety at the Grill
- Holiday Food Storage Safety
- How to eat safe while travelling!
- Memorial Day 2016 - LG Twinwash Sale
- AGA at AC: Labor Day Deals & Steals!
- Fall Recipes You Have to Try!
- Healthy Summer Recipes Using Your Smeg Appliances
- 4 Luxurious Kitchens In New York?s Most Expensive Homes
- 3 Beautiful Kitchen Ideas For Brooklyn Brownstones
- Home Theater and Audio Buying Guide
- Inside the Homes and Kitchens Of World Cup?s Top Soccer Stars
- The Savings Continue at Appliances Connection's 2018 Cyber Monday Sale
- An Evening of Cheerful Banter, Sumptuous Food, and New Appliance Features at a Fisher & Paykel Cooking Demonstration
- Five Distinctive Living Room Sets from Coaster
- Celebrate National Bagel Day with Bacon, Scallion, and Cream Cheese Filled Everything Bagel Bombs
- Robot Vacuum Buying Guide
- Appliances Connection Takes a Day Trip Touring the Good Housekeeping Institute and Miele Showroom Part 1
- Sarah Boone: Mother of the Modern Ironing Board
- Expert Opinion: Most Popular High-End Kitchen Packages
- Curved TV Buying Guide
- Looking For High Paying Affiliate Programs? Choose High-End Appliances
Home Theater and Audio Buying Guide
Audio Equipment for Your Home TheaterWithout the right audio equipment, your home theater viewing experience cannot hit its full potential. You need great quality audio which you can rely on, but how do you know where to start??With our Audio Buying Guide, you will learn about the different pieces of equipment available on the market and discover which one is the best for you. Don't forget to get in touch with our team to learn more about the different options available to you.
Types of Audio System for Your Home TheaterGetting the sound just right for your home theater system can be a tricky task. This is why you need to have the right equipment and the right set up. The Appliances Connection range provides a broad variety of different audio projects. All of them can provide you with excellent sound. However, making the right choice can be a little overwhelming.
Take a look at the different types of product available, and find the ideal access point to the fascinating world of home theater audio.
Sound Bar Products
A sound bar is the perfect starting point for your home cinema journey. Sound bars typically consist of a single unit which is placed within your home theater space or living room. This makes them a far more convenient option when compared to more complex surround sound arrangements.
If you do not want the hassle of setting up a surround sound system, or you are not sure if you experienced enough to place surround sound speakers correctly, a sound bar option may be ideal. While convenience is certainly their main selling point, these devices should not be underestimated in terms of the richness and depth of the sound they can create.
To enhance this sound even further, many sound bars also feature a subwoofer to boost the bass without ruining the aesthetic of your home theater set up. Both wired and wireless subwoofer units are available depending on your preference and budget. There are also higher end sound bars which consist of multiple individual speakers to create an even fuller sound.
Home Theater Audio Kits
A home theater audio kit provides everything that a user needs to recreate that full and dynamic theater sonic experience in their own home. By offering everything in one package, these handy kits are big on convenience.
You have probably noticed a number rating on surround sound systems such as the famous 5.1 channel system. The number on the left of the figure tells the user how many speakers are included in the package in total, while the figure on the right relates to the number of subwoofer units in the set.
In fact, the 5.1 ratio listed above is the most common basic surround sound kit on the market. This kind of set will usually include the following:
- Speakers which sit to the left and right of your television screen. The system will channel soundtrack and special effects audio through these two speakers.
- Speakers which sit either just in front of or just below your television screen in a central position. This is where you will hear dialogue and general ambient or action sounds.
- Speakers which are positioned behind the seating area, to the left and right. These speakers create a full and rich effect by expanding the sound around the room. They will also be used to deliver directional sound effects to put you at the heart of the action.
- A subwoofer speaker which is positioned at one side of the room or in a corner of the room. This is the speaker which will provide the bass at its deeper register, boosting the overall effect of the sound.
Whether you choose a 5.1 ratio system, a 7.1, or a system of any other rating, the set should also include an A/V receiver or a Blu-ray player. This will, of course, add to the cost of the set. If you feel that you don't need either of these items you may be able to get a cheaper set with just the speaker system included.
If you have any further questions on what sort of home theater system to select, get in touch with our team today. We are ready and waiting to give you the assistance you need.
What to Consider Before You Buy Home Theater Audio EquipmentBuying a full home theater set up can be expensive, so it is important to adopt a carefully considered approach to your selection. By asking yourself some key questions, you will ensure that you are on the right track to purchasing a high quality unit which suits your needs as well as those of your home.
What is your budget?
From basic sound bars to large scale surround sound kits, prices for home theater audio equipment can vary dramatically. This is why it is a good idea to prepare yourself by outlining your budget before you begin comparing and contrasting the merits of different systems.
Sound bars offer the most affordable entry point for building a home theater audio experience. So this represents the best option if you are on a strict budget. However, premium sound bar models can also be expensive.
The great thing about a home theater audio kit is that you can build and develop your system over time, spreading the cost rather than breaking the bank with a one off payment.
What sort of space are you working with?
It may be tempting to invest in a larger system with a heft speaker ratio, but it is worth considering your interior space first. Such impressive ratios will be wasted on smaller spaces in which the speakers will be placed too close together to create the desired effect. In these spaces, the high quality effect can be achieved with fewer speakers.
What sort of television do you have?
If you have a 3D television, then you will need a higher end surround sound system to be able to process the audio signals it sends. More affordable surround systems will still be compatible with this kind of television, but you will not be getting the best out of your TV screen purchase.
This also applies to 4K Ultra HD televisions which are now available from some manufacturers and represent the next step in television viewing. Getting the very best out of these advanced machines will require the purchase of a similarly advanced system. As a result, you're likely to pay a higher price for the technology.
How much convenience do you need?
Setting up a home theater audio system can be as convenient or as complex as you want to make it. If convenience is high on your of motivating factors, than a sound bar represents the perfect choice while still providing a rich and dynamic sound.
While the effect created by a sound bar -- particularly a higher end sound bar paired with a subwoofer -- is a powerful one, better results will still be achieved with a surround sound set. Although these are more complex and tricky to set up, the end result will be more rewarding.
Do you want to customize your home theater set up?
Users also have the option to create their own surround systems by purchasing individual components. This will certainly be more expensive than purchasing a pre-packaged set, but it provides the opportunity to achieve full customization for your sound and for your home theater project. This certainly is a tantalizing prospect for anyone serious about entertainment tech.
Many users opt to use a sound bar or surround sound kit as a starting point and to build from there. However, you may decide simply to begin from scratch, selecting high quality components of your own choosing.
Still need help in selecting the perfect audio equipment for your home theater system? Get in touch with our team today.
Top Rated Home Theater and Audio Equipment?from Appliances ConnectionThe Appliances Connection range is well stocked with the home theater and audio equipment that you need. However, it is always helpful to take advantage of user reviews and expert testimony before you make your purchase.
Here are some of the top rated home theater and audio equipment pieces currently listed on our site:
Samsung's range of LED TVs are incredibly popular among tech savvy American consumers. But it is the UN55MU9000FXZA which leads the pack with Appliances Connection's customers. This model includes an impressive range of smart features which support high quality television and movie viewing. Best of all, it still manages to be EnergyStar rated for efficiency.
A perfect access point to the joys of home cinema audio, the Samsung HWJ550 is an easy to use and highly effective sound bar with wireless subwoofer. Bluetooth streaming capability and compatibility with the Samsung Remote App help to make this one of the best rated products of its type in our range.
The LG 43LJ5500 provides an all in one approach to a home theater experience. The smart LED TV features virtual surround sound, along with color master engine and an expansive 43 inch display with WiFi built in. It is one of the best rated LED models in the Appliances Connection range.