- How to buy a Toilet
- American Flag Cake
- Dishwasher Graphic Guide!
- I Furnished My Laundry Room?Now What?
- The 7 Best Kitchen Appliances to Give as Wedding Gifts
- The Best Home Appliances for Apartment Living
- How to Find the Best Deals Online?
- Do You Repair or Replace Your Appliances?
- Ask Yourself These Five Questions Before Buying an Appliance
- Should You Buy A Washer-Dryer Combo?
- To Steam, or Not to Steam?
- The Benefits of Buying Kitchen Appliance Packages
- Freezer or Refrigerator -- You Choose!
- What Happens Inside a Dishwasher
- Why Is My Glassware Cloudy?
- What?s Most Important in a Kitchen?s Design
- Best Apartment Size Appliances Every Household Should Have
- What Do Dishwasher Noise Levels Even Mean?
- How to Host a Barbecue in the Comfort of Your Kitchen
- How to Choose the Right Grill for Your Outdoor Kitchen
- Stainless Steel and Fighting the Fingerprints
- What to Know When Buying Your Appliances Online
- Appliances Connection Announces Mobile Site
- How to Care for Cast Iron Appliances
- Kitchen Remodel Tips
- Black Friday Deals at Appliances Connection
- Life is Good for LG Washers
- Do Smart Appliances Really Help Make Things Simpler? My Experience
- What Makes Smart Appliances, 'smart'?
- Appliance Connection?s Designer Spotlight : Klein Kitchen and Bath
- 5 Tips for Choosing Your First Smart Appliance
- Transform Your Kitchen into a Work of Art with GE Artistry
- The Bosch Washer Promise
- The Samsung French-Door Revolution
- Home of the Future: Smarter and More Energy Efficient
- Whirlpool Dishwasher with AccuSense
- 5 Benefits of Owning a Curved TV
- Energy Star Certified Commercial Foodservice Equipment
- To Clean or Not to Clean
- Are You Washing Laundry the Right Way?
- Introducing the GE Cafe French-door Wall Oven
- Refrigerator Buying Tips
- Should You Purchase an Extended Warranty?
- Swash Fits Your Lifestyle and Your Space
- Do You Need a Smart Home or a Thoughtful Home?
- Frigidaire FGVU17F8QF: Is it a Refrigerator or a Freezer?
- Samsung Brings Their A Game ? Top Chef Collection
- 5 Father's Day Gifts Dad is Sure to Love
- Holy Smokes! It?s an Invisible TV!
- Welcome to the Diamond Life - LG Diamond Collection
- GE Caf? for the Serious Home Cook
- Ultimate Washer Buying Guide
- Electrolux IQ Touch EI30GF45QS
- Range Buying Guide
- Cooking Safely with Gas
- How to Extend the Life of Your Refrigerator
- 3 Ways to Clean Your Stainless Steel Appliances
- Is 2015 Year of the Black Stainless Steel Appliances?
- Food Handling 101
- Food Safety at the Grill
- Holiday Food Storage Safety
- How to eat safe while travelling!
- Memorial Day 2016 - LG Twinwash Sale
- AGA at AC: Labor Day Deals & Steals!
- Fall Recipes You Have to Try!
- Healthy Summer Recipes Using Your Smeg Appliances
- 4 Luxurious Kitchens In New York?s Most Expensive Homes
- 3 Beautiful Kitchen Ideas For Brooklyn Brownstones
- Home Theater and Audio Buying Guide
- Inside the Homes and Kitchens Of World Cup?s Top Soccer Stars
- The Savings Continue at Appliances Connection's 2018 Cyber Monday Sale
- An Evening of Cheerful Banter, Sumptuous Food, and New Appliance Features at a Fisher & Paykel Cooking Demonstration
- Five Distinctive Living Room Sets from Coaster
- Celebrate National Bagel Day with Bacon, Scallion, and Cream Cheese Filled Everything Bagel Bombs
- Robot Vacuum Buying Guide
- Appliances Connection Takes a Day Trip Touring the Good Housekeeping Institute and Miele Showroom Part 1
- Sarah Boone: Mother of the Modern Ironing Board
- Expert Opinion: Most Popular High-End Kitchen Packages
- Curved TV Buying Guide
- Looking For High Paying Affiliate Programs? Choose High-End Appliances
Holy Smokes! It?s an Invisible TV!
By April Khan, Appliances Connection As if things couldn?t get any more science fiction! First there were plasma screens, which were amazing, then there were smart TVs, 3D TVs, 4K TVs and now there?s transparent OLED TVs.
Yes, you actually read that right! These TVs are mega-awesome! Here?s why.
Dynamic Visual DisplayFirst of all, it?s an OLED. These televisions show much clearer and the colors are much deeper than a regular LED television. Instead of the traditional light ?scattering? effect caused by LEDs shining through LCD pixels; OLEDs emit their own light. This causes a truly dynamic display.
It Knows if You?ve Been Bad or GoodNow let?s get to the really cool part! This TV is no thicker than a glass window pane and it?s just as transparent. It contains two cameras, which interact with Intel Real Sense. This allows the TV to behave as a computer and a human at the same time. It reads your facial expressions to determine your mood and tracks your hand movements for easier hands-free interaction. And speaking of viewing?
3D ViewingThe front and rear cameras work together to provide a panoramic view of any object photographed. This photo can be transferred into a 3D image thanks to Intel RealSense.
Oh, and did we mention that this TV is voice and touch activated?!
Enhanced Shopping ExperienceVirtual fitting rooms are a real possibility with this TV. All the customers have to do is stand in front of the television screen, select the clothing item they want to purchase, select the size, then stand back. Voila!
When interviewed, Jose Avalos from the Intel Corp, stated:
?Samsung Display?s revolutionary Transparent and Mirror OLED display solutions will drive retail and digital signage leaders, and their customers, to further innovate through greater manipulation of the Intel? RealSense? platform in order to deliver highly differentiated, exquisitely personalized customer experiences.??
Its Release???..As for its release, no one knows for sure. It?s kind of top secret, but we suspect it will be out very soon with a first launch in Asia followed by the United States ? but we?ll have to wait and see.
For more information on the upcoming Samsung transparent TV check out their Press Release on Business Wire.
What do you think about the Samsung transparent TV? Hit or miss??
My colleague thinks it will make a great pranking tool. He says he?ll put in his window in place of a glass panel then play a loop of some scary figure peering in. I won?t be visiting him when this TV comes out!