By Victor L
Phone: 800.299.9470 x 2034
With a growing desire for healthier and more convenient cooking, there has been significantly widespread use of steam ovens in the US. As the technology continues to evolve, a growing number of households are demanding for the best in steam ovens, with a major challenge being how to really identify what is top of the range in this class of appliances. Thankfully, we have canvassed the market and narrowed down the five best stem ovens for 2019. Have a look.
The PROCS30X is a 30-inch electric single wall steam oven from the Professional Series by Bertazzoni. It combines convection baking and grilling in a single stainless steel built-in electric unit. If you care for healthy and flavorful cooking results then you’ll appreciate the water-generated steam in this unit’s cooking cycle.
Additionally, the oven is sleek so that it delivers beautiful cooking results while remaining pleasing to the eye and improving the overall visual appeal of your modern kitchen.
- Intuitive Controls – The interface lets users program time and other functions with ease. Additionally, the stainless steel metal knobs for selecting cooking modes and temperature are well designed to let you operate without necessarily having to read a manual.
- European Convection – A system that ensures even roasting and baking on multiple levels with zero flavor crossover.
- Water-Generated Steam – Helps maintain balanced moisture in the food while sealing flavors and vitamins.
- Integrated Design – Assimilates seamlessly with other traditional and specialty ovens along with warming drawers in both vertical and horizontal arrangements.
Pros: Stainless steel finish is easy to clean. Great build quality that will last a long time. Numerous cooking modes to cook literally any dish.
Cons: The only downside is probably the limited factory warranty.
This HSLP451UC is a combination (or combi) steam oven from Bosch Benchmark. It combines convection and steam cooking for faster and more even cooking. Its compact size means it will fit perfectly in a small space inside your kitchen while enhancing the overall look.
Even though this unit is less expensive compared to the other Benchmark steam ovens, the price should not fool you. The oven is a performance powerhouse and gets the job done just as perfectly, if not better than its pricier counterparts.
- Genuine European Convection – Uses an additional heating element around the convection fan to circulate warm air more evenly throughout the oven cavity.
- Thin Film Transistor (TFT) Control Panel – Lists cooking modes and allows for intuitive use with no need to study the manual to maximize the Bosch oven’s capabilities.
- SteelTouch™ buttons – give the oven a sleek, streamlined appearance
- Reheating – Rubbery leftovers and hot/cold spots are a thing of the past. Steam cooking restores the moisture that refrigeration removes, cooks evenly and delivers just-out-of-the-oven taste.
Pros: Sleek, designed to fit perfectly above a warming drawer or storage drawer in your kitchen, installs horizontally for perfect alignment with other ovens.
Cons: Fairly pricey.
This Bertazzoni Master Series oven combines convection baking, grilling, and broiling with steam cooking for healthy and flavorful results. The unit uses convection and water-generated steam in the cooking cycle to maintain balanced moisture in the food while keeping all flavors and nutrients.
The oven has been expertly designed to mesh beautifully with surrounding cabinetry and integrate seamlessly with other wall ovens and warming drawers in horizontal as well as vertical configurations.
- Steam Cooking – Helps retain food nutrients for healthier and more flavorful dishes.
- European Convection – European convection system that ensures even baking and roasting of food.
- Intuitive Controls – Use stainless steel knobs to select cooking modes and temperature. The simple interface indicates all the settings and functions pictorially.
- Integrated Design – Installs flush with cabinetry.
Pros: Sleek design looks beautiful in the kitchen. Cooks fast while retaining food nutrients.
Cons: Has only one oven rack.
This Jenn-Air model is a 120-volts electric single wall steam oven that packs enough power to replace a basic microwave. It is feature rich with a drip tray, steam mode, steam reheat mode, temperature probe, and a capacity of 1.3 cu ft
The unit excels at cooking less dense foods such as custards, grains, and fish. Given its fairly low voltage, this oven operates with extreme efficiency.
- Glass-Touch Controls with LCD – Guides you effortlessly through the options and menu choices.
- Convection Bake Mode – Delivers consistent cooking results with heat that’s evenly distributed throughout the oven.
- Steam Mode – Excels at maintaining the flavors of food along with their textures and nutrients.
- Baking/Drip Tray – Serves as a baking pan and enables simple cleanup when used as a drip tray.
Pros: Sleek stainless steel interior is easy to clean and is durable.
Cons: You have to refill the tank inside the oven.
Like most Miele appliances, This DGC6865XXLSS steam oven is packed with features that make it a joy to use. The machine boasts great reliability and amazing build quality. The inside of this 24-inch Combi-Steam oven is a massive 2.4 cu ft capacity with 4 shelf levels. This is a whopping 41% more space than its XL counterparts.
The halogen lighting in the unit ensures optimal light and viewing conditions in the cooking compartment. It’s also extremely easy to clean the side walls, thanks to the flush mounted fitting of the light fixture.
- M Touch Controls – Intuitive and easy-to-operate and navigate.
- MultiSteam – External steam generation guarantees perfect cooking results.
- Keeping Warm Function – Automatically keeps food warm for up to 15 minutes after cooking without loss of quality.
- MasterChef program series – Simplifies everyday cooking with a vast library of preprogrammed common recipes.
Pros: M-Touch controls make the oven very easy to operate, Clock function that works for up to 200 hours during a power failure. Lets you create up to 20 of your own cooking programs.
Cons: One of the most expensive high-end wall ovens.