It’s National Bagel Day! Appliances Connection would like to help you to join in the celebration with Everything Bagel Bombs, an amazing twist on an old favorite. These savory bites are the perfect addition to your morning routine. This recipe makes a dozen, but you’ll find it no problem to scale up. A bit of a warning, these require some amount of front end work to DIY. However, once you make a large batch, you can simply freeze and reheat for a savory meal on the go.
Everything Bagel Bombs Seasoning
- 2 tsp of dried minced garlic
- 2 tsp of poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp of dried minced onion
- 2 tsp of sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp of kosher salt
- Heat a small pan pan over medium heat. Add garlic, poppy seeds, onion, and sesame seeds to pan and cook, stirring constantly, until seasonings become fragrant. It should take bout 60 seconds.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to apply to the bagel bombs.
Everything Bagel Bombs with Bacon, and Scallion Cream Cheese
Feel free to make the dough up to three days in advance. Store the dough in the fridge and pull it out 30-45 minutes before you’re ready to assemble your everything bagel bombs.
- 1 3/4 cups of flour
- 1/2 tbsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of yeast
- 2/3 cup of room temperature water
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- flour for dusting
- 2 tbsp of chopped scallions
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of bacon grease
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp of water
- Add flour and salt to your Kitchen Aid mixing bowl. Make a well in the flour. Pour 2/3 cup of room temperature water into the well. Add yeast and olive oil to the water.
- Attach the dough hook tool and mixing bowl to your Kitchen Aid. Turn on your mixer set to the lowest speed for 7 minutes or until your dough becomes a ball shape and bounces back when poked.
- Cover dough and allow to rise for 45 minutes at room temperature. If making your dough ahead of time, store in the refrigerator for up to three days and let sit for 30-45 minutes before using.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until fully cooked and crispy and then place on paper towels to cool and remove excess grease. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon grease for the filling. Once the bacon is cooled, crumble into small pieces.
- Chop scallions finely.
- Place cream cheese, bacon, scallions, salt, and bacon grease into a mixing bowl and combine until ingredients are well and evenly mixed.
- Scoop out 12 equal lumps of the mixture onto a parchment lined pan. Optional: freeze balls for 20-30 minutes for easier handling.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Use fingers to pinch dough into circles about 2-3 inches wide.
- Place one cream cheese ball into the center of each dough circle.
- Bring up edges of dough and pinch to seal.
- Gently roll ball to create a nice round shape.
- Arrange the filled dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Mix egg and water in a bowl. Brush egg wash on each bagel bomb and then sprinkle with everything bagel bombs seasoning.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Bagel bombs should be lightly brown and a few might be leaking cream cheese.
Best served warm.
Follow us on Instagram to view a video of this recipe and more.