- Top Selling Washers From AppliancesConnection
- Top Selling Dryers From AppliancesConnection
- Washer-Dryer Maintenance
- The Ultimate Dryer Buying Guide (Part 4)
- The Ultimate Dryer Buying Guide (Part 3)
- The Ultimate Dryer Buying Guide (Part 2)
- The Ultimate Dryer Buying Guide (Part 1)
- 3 Major Signs That You Need a New Washer
- Choosing your first Whirlpool Washer and Dryer
- Samsung Washer Features You Have to See to Believe
- Save Room in Your Small Space with an LG Washer
- Is a Gas Dryer Better?
- The New and Improved Samsung Washer
- Announcements by Whirlpool ? April 2016
- Laundry, made likeable with the LG Twin Wash, Says Appliances Connection
- Laundry Buying Guide: Compare Washers, Dryers & More
- 5 Best Compact Washers of 2018
- 5 Best Compact Dryers of 2018
- 5 Best Vented Dryers of 2018
- Speed Queen Washers and Dryers: Rock Solid Performance, Durability and Affordability
- White Compact Electrolux Front Load Washer And Dryer Set
- George T Sampson, Developer of America?s First Automatic Clothes Dryer
- Best Front Load Washers of 2019 (Reviews / Ratings / Prices)
- Best Compact Dryers Currently on the Market (Reviews / Ratings / Prices)
- Best Compact Washers Currently on the Market (Reviews / Ratings / Prices)
- Top 5 Stackable Washer and Dryer Sets for 2019
- 5 Most Reliable Front Load Washers for 2019
- LG vs Electrolux Washers ? Which One is More Reliable?
- 6 Best Maytag Washers to Consider in 2019
- Comparing Asko Washer and Dryer Series ? Classic, Logic, and Style
Comparing Asko Washer and Dryer Series ? Classic, Logic, and Style
Asko is a Swedish manufacturer that focuses on manufacturing high quality, durable cleaning appliances, including washers and dryers. Always committed to environmental protection, all Asko washers and dryers are ENERGY STAR? qualified, saving you water, energy, and money. Their Scandinavian heritage is also made apparent in their appliances' functional minimalistic designs, and the thorough 20-year durability testing each machine goes through before leaving the factory.
We'll be taking a look at their three washer-dryer series: the entry-level Classic, the feature-rich Logic, and their premium Style offering. Strictly speaking, the machines get better and more feature-rich as you go down the line. The aim of this article is to help you find out which line has all the features you need, and which you may afford to save on.
All of Asko?s three washers ? the Classic, Logic, and Style -are made from quality steel parts, including their Steel Seal? solutionthat eliminates rubber around the door; removing a vector for grime to gatherand clothes to snag on during loading and unloading. Their machines are alsomade extra sturdy due to their four shock-absorbing spring-legged QuattroConstruction? that also help the washer run with less noise and vibrations.
Features like Activedrum? Technology and SuperRinse? in their front load washers keep your clothes towards the center ofthe wash-basket, helps dirt find its way towards and out of the largerevacuation holes, and rinses with more water to eliminate all dirt and useddetergent.
For each of their three washers, Asko produces a corresponding dryer. Each dryer has a stainless steel Soft Drum? developed to enhance airflow around the laundry for an increased drying effect. Circular indentations with beveled edges also have a cushioning effect on clothing, reducing wear and tear as they tumble around the machine. And as they tumble, paddles inside the drum gently push the clothing in a figure-8 to further increase
All three dryers are powered by a brushless motor that keepsthe machines more quiet as they operate, and also has one less part that couldpossibly malfunction. They?re also equipped with a Sensi Dry? systemthat uses a series of temperature sensors for a more even dry that alsoautomatically stops when it detects doneness, and a Multi Filter System?that uses a series of 5 filters to catch lint and other debris before it canreach the inner parts of the dryer.
The Classic Series is Asko?s entry-level washer and dryer series. With a 24-inch width and 2.1 cu. ft. capacity, the Classic washer features 15 wash cycles. The Classic Vented dryer has 9 dry cycles and a 4.1 cu. ft. capacity.
In addition to a Classic Vented dryer, the Classic is also the only model compatible with a Condenser or Heat Pump Dryer. These also have a 4.1
The Logic Series is a step up from the Classic series. Featuring a 24-inch width and increased 2.8
The Logic dryer has 13 dry cycles and a 5.1 cu. ft. capacity. It also has an improved way to deal with delicate fabrics like linen that extracts humid air from the drum in addition to a gentler tumbling cycle. Also added to this model are LED lights to illuminate the drum and porthole of the dryer.
As an additional bonus to the Logic series, it is the onlyone that comes in two colors: the standard White, or Titanium for fans of amore metallic aesthetic.
The Style Series is Asko's premium line of front-loading washer-dryers. The Style washer has the same width and capacity as the Logic, but brings its cycle total to 24, and adds an additional night mode for overnight cleaning. It also includes an Auto Dosing system that mixes laundry detergent with water to ensure that all detergent is used during the washing process. The Style dryer has all of the features of the Logic dryer, plus 2 more dry cycles, for a total of 15.
|Washer Capacity||2.1 cu. ft.||2.8 cu. ft.||2.8 cu. ft.|
|Dryer Capacity||4.1 cu. ft.||5.1 cu. ft.||5.1 cu. ft.|
|Exclusive Extras||N/A||Titanium Color Option||Auto Dosing in Washer|
Conclusion & FAQ
The upgrade that should have the most impact from series to series is likely the increase in washer and dryer capacities between the Classic and the Logic machines. And with the two color options, the Logic series should be the perfect fit for anyone searching for their next compact washer-dryer combo. However, if you can make do with the reduced capacity, and don't care much about additional wash and dry cycles, the Classic series is a solid and affordable choice. The Style Series is really for those who can't settle for anything less than the best, most feature-rich option in compact laundry.
How loud are Asko washers and dryers?
The noise levels on Asko washers and dryers top out at 75 dBA
Are the Doors Reversible?
The doors on the dryers are reversible. The doors on the washers are not.
Can I stack a washer and dryer from different series?
No. Washers and dryers are only stackable within the same series.