- Top Selling Dishwashers From AppliancesConnection
- Top Selling Refrigerators From AppliancesConnection
- Top Selling Ranges From AppliancesConnection
- Dacor Go Green Instant Savings
- Daily Deals From AppliancesConnection
- The Eco Friendly Eco-Smart Igloo Ethanol Burning Fireplace
- How to buy a wall oven
- Whirlpool's AquaLift(TM) Range
- Whirlpool's New Dishwasher with Industry exclusive features
- President's Day Sale At AppliancesConnection
- Top Selling Built-in Ovens From AppliancesConnection
- AppliancesConnection.com presents "The Universal Constant"
- AppliancesConnection.com presents "The Ninth of Thermador"
- AppliancesConnection.com presents "Sweet, Sweet Justice."
- How to Install Window Air Conditioning Units
- DIY Grill Maintenance
- Tips for Being More Energy Efficient in the Summer
- Summer Must-Haves for your Outdoor Living Area
- Stocking your Wine Cooler for Summer Entertaining
- Celebrate Summer: Take your BBQ Recipes Up a Notch
- Mini Split Air Conditioners Save the Ductless Home
- Window Air Conditioner Guide
- Let's Get Ready to Summer
- 5 Tips to Keep Your Air Unit Running
- Combat High Heat with a Light Wallet
- Top 5 Popular Grill
- Split System Cooling: The Central Air Alternative
- Healthy Eating Tips for Summer
- Back to School: Must-Haves for Every College Student
- How to Have Luxury Appliances in a Small Apartment
- Kelly Ripa, Electrolux, and New York City
- Summer Smart: Use your Oven without Cooking your Kitchen
- Don?t Forget to Outfit the Kitchen
- Transform that Basement into Something Fun!
- Brighten your Home Without Lightening your Wallet
- Making Space in your Place
- Beating the Heat and Keeping Your Health
- Ushering in Autumn with Style!
- Why Go Out When You Could Have a Game Room?
- Home Projects Perfect for Fall
- Be Crafty with your New Dorm Room!
- Modernizing That Old Home
- Updating Your Kitchen Starts Here!
- A Simple Buying Guide for Dishwashers
- Get Your Home in Gear Before Winter
- A New Appliance to be Thankful For
- Your Kitchen is the Holiday Hotspot
- Let's Rock Black Friday
- Brand Spotlight: BEST Range Hoods
- For Those Who Think Young
- Replacing Your Washer and Dryer Can be Stress Free
- How to Get a Convenient Kitchen
- LG Mini Split Systems: Heating for Mild Climates
- Planning Your Holiday Parties Right
- Gift Ideas for Christmas 2013
- Investment Ideas for the New Parent
- How to have a great New Year's Party
- New Year's Resolutions
- Journey, but with Appliances
- Let's Make a Reading Nook
- Announcing Barclay Bath Products
- Christmas May be Over, But Don?t You Deserve a New Kitchen?
- Benefits of Dishwasher Ownership
- It's Not Easy Being Green (Or Is It?)
- New Dishwasher Features from KitchenAid
- How to Occupy Your Winter
- How to Make that Smaller Home More Comfortable
- Christmas May be Over, But Don?t You Deserve a New Kitchen?
- Initial Steps After Moving into a New House
- The Top Five Most Important Household Objects
- How to Buy a Dishwasher
- Capital Cooking: The Legend
- Modernizing Appliances: How Much is Too Much?
- Meet American Comfort
- How to Properly Install a Window Air Conditioner
- Frigidaire Cook?s Kitchen Under $5,000
- Tips for Creating Your Dream Kitchen with LG Appliances
- Which GE Refrigerator is Best for Your Kitchen?
- 3 Samsung Appliance Must Haves for Any Foodie
- Introducing the GE French Door Refrigerator
- The Quick Guide to Choosing Bosch Refrigerators
- Introducing the New Coffee Brewing Fridge
- Frigidaire's Refreshing Decision
- Dacor's New Talking Oven
- Whirlpool's Front Control Ranges Are FIT
- Unveiling of Three Goliath Fridges
- New Line of Small Kitchen Appliances?Packs a Punch
- New Kitchen Appliances That Will Make Your Head Spin
- GE's Wink Upgrade
- Whirlpool Dishwashers with a 6th Sense
- Refrigerator Buying Guide (Part 1)
- Are You Smart Appliance Savvy?
- Refrigerator Buying Guide (Part 3)
- The $6,000 Samsung Refrigerator: Samsung Chef RF34h990S4
- Everything You Needed to Know About 4K TVs
- Compact Appliances for Compact Spaces
- Earth Day 2015 : Choose to be an Energy Star
- Small Kitchen Space-Saver Ideas
- Using Steel in Your Kitchen - The Right Way
- Stainless Steel is Out - Black Stainless Steel is In!
- Tecnogas ? Exclusive iconic brand from Italy
- GE Caf? Promo - Get a free dishwasher
- Slate remains the top alternative to stainless
- Normal Eco Cycle - How does it work?
- Welcome to Family Hub ? New hot release from Samsung
- New Samsung AddWash 27-inch Front Load Washing Machine
- Washer & Dryer Combo Machines
- 5 Best Dishwashers
- Bosch's New 36" Standard Depth French Door Bottom Freezer 800 Series - Stainless Steel B26FT80SNS
- Receive a Free Premium Microwave or Dishwasher with Qualifying Electrolux Bundle
- Appliances Connection Offers Free GE Caf? Dishwasher
- Appliances Connection Visits Monogram Design Center
- Tecnogas Launches Superiore Ranges in the U.S. with Rebate
- Appliances Connection Visits Smeg Showroom
- Grilling Season is Near. Be Your Own Grill Master with the Best Outdoor Grills.
- Appliances Connection Offers Professional Quality Ranges for the Home
- Appliances Connection at BuildingsNY 2016
- The Appeal of The Man Cave - The Best Ideas For Your Man Cave
- Get Caffeinated with Appliances Connection
- Elevate Your Culinary Living with Appliances Connection
- Crown Verity Celebrates Their 25th Anniversary
- A Look Into Viking: 7-Series Freestanding Ranges
- A Look Into Viking: Cooktops & Rangetops
- A Look Into Viking: Built-In Wall Ovens
- A Look Into Viking: Microwaves & Specialty Ovens
- Napoleon Grills Taking Over America
- A Look Into Viking: Professional Refrigeration
- A Look Into Viking: Dishwashers
- A Look Into Viking: Outdoor Products
- A Look Into Viking: Ventilation
- A Look Into Viking: Viking Tuscany
- They Just Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To
- Unwind Like A Pro With Appliances Connection
- The Thermador Product Constellation: Professional Ranges & Rangetops
- The Thermador Product Constellation: Ovens, Microwaves & Drawers
- 7 Reasons Why Customers Love Appliances Connection
- BlueStar's Platinum Series Paint Promotion! Going on NOW!
- Fisher & Paykel Deals Going On Now!
- New & Notable Appliances from Samsung at Appliances Connection!
- Bosch Promotions Going On Now at Appliances Connection!
- Sharp Appliances for the Health Conscious
- Viking 3-Series: Simple Yet Powerful Products
- The Thermador Product Constellation: Cooktops
- The Thermador Product Constellation: Ventilation and Dishwashers
- New Built-In Appliances from Samsung!
- Bosch Labor Day Savings at Appliances Connection!
- LG at AC! Labor Day Deals That Will Save You Tons of Cash!
- Labor Day Deals on Whirlpool Bundles at AppliancesConnection!
- College Kitchen Appliance Ideas: Affordable & Convenient
- Electrolux & Frigidaire Deals for Labor Day!
- It's Still Grillin' Weather! Coyote Deals You Don't Want to Miss!
- GE Profile: Great Appliances for Small Spaces & Busy People
- Labor Day Sales Going on Now at Appliances Connection
- Meet Sofia: Fulgor Milano's Newest Addition to their Pro-Range Family
- The Best Washer at the 2016 KBIS: The LuxCare Washer from Electrolux
- The New Luxury Refrigerators from Electrolux
- The Thermador Product Constellation: Refrigeration & The Savor
- When is the best time to buy appliances?
- Thermador Appliances in Home Beautiful's Kitchen of the Year 2016!
- 5 Best Holiday Kitchen Appliances for the Frequent Host | 2016
- The Best Wall Oven for Holiday Cooking | 2016
- The Best Bosch Appliances for a Flawless Thanksgiving Dinner!
- Best Black Friday Appliance Deals!
- The Best Cooking Appliances for Tiny Houses
- Introducing: Dacor's Exclusive Black Stainless Steel Column Refrigerators
- A Brand New Outdoor Appliances from Viking
- What's The Scoop? - Miele Appliances in 2017 - Part 1: Dishwashers
- What's the Scoop? - Miele Appliances in 2017 - Part 2: Ovens
- How to Setup Your Backyard or Patio for the Perfect Memorial Day BBQ
- Ventless Dryers: The Vent-Less Way to Dry Your Clothes
- How to Remodel Your Kitchen on a Budget
- Doug Bowen, Brooklyn?s Top Townhouse Broker Reveals How Dated Kitchens Become Showstoppers
- Best Freezer Buying Guide
- Heating and Cooling Buying Guide
- Installing a Garbage Disposal Unit
- Why Appliances Connection Is The Best Viking Dealer
- Honest Reviews of the 5 Most Reliable Viking Ranges
- Top 10 Appliances Chosen by Joanna Gaines for HGTV's
- 5 of The Best Outdoor Grills on The Market in 2018
- 5 Of The Best Propane Grills Of 2018
- Appliances And Tips For Remodeling A Kitchen On A Budget
- A Look at the Viking RVRF3361SS 3 Series 36-Inch Counter Depth French Door Refrigerator
- Innovative Products, German Design, and Surging Sales. We Talk To Miele, The Company That Seems to Do No Wrong.
- Getting a $100,000 Kitchen Look on a $10,000 Budget
- Element88, A Funky New Addition to the Williamsburg Skyline
- The Hottest Kitchen Design Trends And Appliances To Match
- How House Flippers Save $1000s on Appliances by Shopping Online
- Best Kitchen Appliance Finishes For 2018
- 5 Celebrities With La Cornue Kitchens You Need To See
- South Florida's Newest Developments Exude Luxury. We Look At The Kitchens Inside.
- Go-To Appliance Brands for House Flippers
- Save and Even Make Money with Appliances Connection?s Trade, Builder, and/or Referral Programs
- Kitchen Remodeling Mistakes Home Flippers Must Avoid
- Appliances Connection Makes House Flipping Easier By Installing Your Kitchens and Bathrooms
- 7 Essential Home Goods Items For House Hacking
- Do Stainless Steel Appliances Increase The Value Of Your Home?
- Your Guide to Buying Portable Air Conditioners
- Buying Guide: Best Electric Fireplaces
- Fisher Paykel 5-Piece Kitchen Package Overview
- 5 Trends in Kitchen Appliances for 2018
- 8 Reasons House Flippers Fail And How You Can Avoid Them
- Impending Tariffs Will Increase Appliance Prices. Now Is The Time To Buy.
- Overview Of A 4-Piece Appliance Package From Thor
- Pittsburgh's Red Hot House Flipping Market Is Transforming The City
- American Appliance Manufacturers Could Be The Big Beneficiaries From New Tariffs
- Our Definitive Guide to Buying a Ceiling Fan
- Overview Of A 4-Piece Appliance Package From Monogram
- It?s Official, Older Homes In The Northeast US Are Tops For Home Improvement
- Overview Of A Bertazzoni 4-Piece Kitchen Package
- Appliances Connection 2018 Black Friday Sale
- Liebherr Earns Energy Star Rating for Multiple Refrigerators Eight Years in a Row
- Luxury Appliances Can Be Yours Through Special Financing with the Appliances Connection Credit Card
- A Detailed Look At A 4-Piece Kitchen Package From Miele
- 5 Small Appliances That Make Great Holiday Gifts
- Bring The Modern Hamptons Look to Your Home With This Curated Design Set
- Perlick: A Century Of Excellence In Refrigeration
- An In-Depth Look at a Kucht 4-Piece Kitchen Package
- Connect Your Home with a Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator and the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Control Your Major Home Appliances with Google Assistant
- Introducing the New Frigidaire 36-Inch Four Door French Door Refrigerator
- Kitchen Entertaining with Manhattan Minimalist Style
- An Overview of a Thermador 3-Piece Kitchen Package
- Ultimate Buying Guide for Induction Cookers - Everything You Need to Know
- Overview of a DCS 48-Inch Liquid Propane Grill
- Kitchen Design for Every Taste with Customizable Sub-Zero Refrigerators
- An In-Depth Overview of a Hestan 36-Inch Dual Fuel Freestanding Range
- Frederick McKinley Jones: Pioneer in Air Conditioning and More
- Window Air Conditioner Buying Guide
- Meet the Appliances Connection Sales Experts
- U-Line Compact Refrigeration: A Company of Firsts
- The #1 Buying Guide for Counter Depth Refrigerators
- A Pleasant Change of Pace at a Miele Wall Ovens Demonstration
- Expert Opinion: Best Pro-Style Ranges
- Expert Opinion: Most Popular Family Refrigerators
- Upright Freezers Buying Guide
- 5 Best Bosch Dishwashers of 2020(Reviews / Ratings / Prices)
- French Door Refrigerator Buying Guide
- Best Humidifier Buying Guide
- Expert Opinion: Best 36-Inch Induction Cooktops for 2020
- Expert Opinion: Five Best Steam Ovens for 2020
- Introducing Cove Dishwashers
- Clean Stainless Steel Appliances with Vinegar and Oil
- Miele vs Fisher & Paykel Dual Fuel Ranges
- 5 Best Miele Dishwashers for 2020 (Reviews / Ratings / Prices)
- Overview of a Miele 4-Piece Kitchen Appliance Package
- Go Green with the Fisher & Paykel Double DishDrawer
- Best of Luxury Column Refrigeration - Liebherr Monolith
- Introducing the New Frigidaire 30-Inch Slide-In Gas Range with Air Fry
- Everything You Need to Know About Sub-Zero Smart Appliances
- Everything You Need to Know About Cove Smart Appliances
- Guide to Getting the Most Out of Your Commercial Dishwasher
- Bosch French Door Bottom Freezer Refrigerators Are Coming!
- 9 Simple Ways to Maintain Your Home
- Top 5 Quietest Window Air Conditioners of 2020
- New Bosch Dishwasher with CrystalDry and Home Connect
- What Is A Smart Appliance?
- Using Thermador Home Connect in Your Smart Kitchen and Beyond
- 3-Piece Whirlpool Kitchen Package: Luxury for Less Than $5,000
- The 5 Best Narrow Refrigerators of 2020
- Jenn-Air Rise and Noir Series ? Comparing High-End Designs
- Bring Elegance to Your Kitchen with the Café Modern Glass Series
- 7 Best Built-In Refrigerators Based on Independent Consumer Surveys
- 5 Best High-End Appliance Brands of 2020
Buying Guide: Best Electric Fireplaces
Electric fireplaces have recently moved from luxury item to mainstream popularity as more consumers choose to avoid the mess and hassle of a traditional fireplace or wood stove. Since they do represent a very new concept in home design, some confusion may exist over what an electric fireplace is, for whom they are best suited, and how they can add to both the heating solutions and the aesthetics of any home.
What Is an Electric Fireplace?An electric fireplace, at its heart, is simply a heater. It produces varying levels of heat to make a room more comfortable in cold conditions. Electric fireplaces, however, offer much more than just heat. They also use a lighting effect to mimic the look of flames. This feature adds much to the aesthetics and ambiance of any room. You get the coziness of a fireplace without the cleanup or air pollution of a real fireplace.
They are perfect replacements in many homes for unsafe and unsightly baseboard style heaters because their design is more pet and child-friendly. The surface remains cool to the touch as it emits heat.
Like other portable heaters, electric fireplaces can help you save energy. You can choose to only turn on your electric fireplace when you are in the room and need extra warmth. This will help you save money over turning on your central heating system, which affects rooms both used and unused. Many have found electric fireplaces to be a perfect secondary heat source.
Electric fireplaces can add to the ambiance of any room all year long. Many people find the flames of a fireplace or campfire soothing and calming. An electric fireplace can give any room this effect no matter what the season because you can turn off the heat but continue using the light feature. In this way, electric fireplaces provide the best of both worlds.
Benefits of Electric Fireplaces Over Wood, Gas, or CoalThe first and most important benefit of an electric fireplace is the low cost of operation. No matter how much money you spend on an electric fireplace, from the most basic to the most extravagant designs, electric fireplaces cost between 0.3 and 3 cents an hour to operate with the light feature only. When you turn on the heat, they still only require about 16 cents per hour worth of electric power to operate.
A gas fireplace, by comparison, could cost up to 20 cents an hour, depending on BTUs and also where you live. Additionally, gas fireplaces lose between one-fourth and one-third of their heat to venting while electric fireplaces are 99 percent heat efficient. Since electric fireplaces require no venting, all of the heat comes into the room.
Traditional wood, coal, and gas fireplaces have no portability unless you want to spend thousands to move a chimney or create a new vent. Once in place, they never move. Electric fireplaces can rest against any wall, so long as it has access to electric power. You can rearrange your electric fireplace right along with the rest of your room. Even better when you move to a new home, take your fireplace with you!
Because they rest against or are mounted upon a wall, electric fireplaces install very simply with no need to build a chimney or cut holes into the side of the house.
Electric fireplaces have almost no maintenance or mess compared to traditional and gas fireplaces. No more worrying about chimneys clogged with combustible ash, dealing with a flue, or clearing away debris to start a new fire. Even more important, electric fireplaces produce no fumes or particulates that can pollute your air and leave extra dust on your furniture.
Finally, the LED lighting used to create the flame effect can last for two or more years without needing replacement. It can be used on its own to light the room when lower light levels are desired, saving your reliance on overhead lighting or lamps.
Types of Electric FireplacesElectric fireplaces come in five different types. Manufacturers categorize electric fireplaces based upon different methods of installation.
The wall mounted electric fireplace may be the easiest to install and move. They require no special modifications to the wall and can be hung on mounting brackets just like a flat-screen television set. Every manufacturer will include all of the materials needed, except perhaps a screwdriver, to set up your electric fireplace.
Conversely, if you want a built-in model that occupies a recessed space, you will need either a contractor or some do-it-yourself-style skills. The extra expense or effort, however, is worth it. Frameless linear electric fireplaces present a very elegant look that can beautifully transform your space.
Within the past two years, the three-sided electric fireplace has emerged as a popular option. It offers more versatility to consumers. You can place it against a wall in such a way as to allow viewing from the front and also the sides. Other options allow for one of the exposed sides to be covered, or the model can also be recessed into the wall. The three-sided fireplace gives you more options when you move or when you wish to rearrange or redesign a room.
Got an old traditional fireplace that you no longer use because the mess, time, and effort proved to be too great of a hassle? Electric fireplace inserts are the best convergence of the traditional look with modern technology. Imagine an old brick or masonry fireplace not used for years full of life once again as the center of your room. Fireplace inserts can take a forgotten and neglected feature and revive it. You have different types to choose from to fit your home's decor and your needs.
Different Types of Fireplace InsertsYou can choose from two different types of fireplace inserts. The firebox simply fits inside the existing fireplace recess, although you will have to measure carefully to ensure the right fit. Electric log inserts go inside your existing fireplace where you would normally burn wood. Their LED inserts project flame style lights on the logs and the surrounding stone or brick while emitting comforting heat when needed.
Other electric fireplace options offer dual functions as heat and light producers, but also as functional pieces of furniture. They can stand alone against the wall or even in the center of the room. Some manufacturers have combined the electric fireplace concept with that of the television stand or entertainment center. Others produce somewhat simpler and more cost-effective models, which still have the same key features as wall mounted or recessed electric fireplaces.
Closely related are the electric fireplaces that come with mantels. Some look more like furniture containing a fireplace while others more fully mimic the traditional look while providing a display surface.
Electric Fireplaces Can Offer a Variety of FeaturesElectric fireplaces, in addition to all of the other perquisites, often offer a variety of special features, including:
- A sleep timer to automatically shut off both heat and "flames"
- Multicolor back lights that give you control over your fireplace?s look and the room?s ambiance
- A touchscreen panel on the fireplace itself that gives you total control over all functions
- If you don?t want to get up to use the touchscreen, remote control of the fireplace functions is often available as well.
Questions to Ask Before BuyingWhen considering whether or not to purchase an electric fireplace, or when deciding on which style, consider asking yourself some questions.
Is your primary interest the lighting effect? If so, what kind of effects do you prefer? Some models have a very traditional appearance that produces realistic looking flame effects. Others go beyond the realistic flame look by adding surrounding light features and different colored flames.
If you have more interest in the energy efficiency of an electric fireplace, consider which type of heating you prefer. Electric fireplaces utilize two types of heating. You can choose forced air or infrared quartz. Forced air costs less but it also is limited to being able to heat 400 square feet. On the other hand, infrared quartz can effectively heat up to a thousand square feet.
You also want to think about aesthetics and ease of installation. Consider the following questions:
- In terms of installation, do you prefer an easy option or one that is more permanent
- What style do you want? Do you prefer frameless or a framed design option?
- How much room do you have? What will fit the space?
- Do you want your electric fireplace to be a dominant centerpiece or a smaller room accessory?
- What is the budget? Which options fit your needs and what you are willing to pay?
Special Electrical RequirementsAlthough highly energy efficient and cost-effective, with most electric fireplace models you need to research the special electrical considerations it could require.
You can plug your electric fireplace into the wall just like any other appliance or home furnishing that requires power. That being said, it is recommended that you plug your electric fireplace into a dedicated circuit breaker or fuse. A dedicated circuit breaker means that it only serves a single outlet. Overloading a circuit with multiple outlets can cause you problems ranging from the minor inconvenience of a tripped circuit to more dangerous safety hazards. Most major appliances, in general, should be used with a dedicated circuit breaker or fuse. Manufacturers also warn that your electric fireplace should never be plugged into an extension cord. The amount of power used could overload the cord.
Wall mounted or stand-alone electric fireplaces can be moved near dedicated outlets, but hard-wired options may require you to retain the services of a professional electrician.
And, finally, as with any other electrical appliance, always follow all manufacturer directions and warnings.
Appliances Connection Offers a Great Selection of the Best Electric FireplacesCheck out Appliance Connection?s website to browse one of the best selections anywhere of America?s favorite electric fireplace manufacturers. You can choose from hundreds of options offered by dozens of respected brand names.
One of our most popular sellers is the Dimplex BF45DXP. This frameless design has a built-in fireplace with a brick refractory that produces a very realistic flame effect.
Or, for a more traditional look, consider the Napoleon NEFP240115E. This design features a mantel and pedestal that help to create that beautiful traditional fireplace look. The dark wooden frame and mantel will complement any room dominated by traditional decor.
Also popular is the dual function Argo Furniture L17S16. This beautiful piece with dark wood and glass doors can function as both an electric fireplace and either a curio cabinet or a small entertainment center. It has plenty of space for storage or display and a flat screen television set could easily fit on top.
For the cost-conscious that still seek an upscale and elegant look, Appliance Connect offers the Fire Sense 60757. At a very reasonable sub-$200 price, you get a beautiful dark wall mounted electric fireplace that will provide heat and add charm to any room. It has a soft touch control panel and 3D flame effect.
Take a look at these or browse the rest of our copious selection. You are sure to find an option that fits your home and meets your expectations.
Contact Us TodayAppliances Connection is ready to serve you today. Our staff can guide you through the many electric fireplace options while also answering questions about everything from style to safety. We have the most professional, courteous, and experienced staff in the business and they are ready to serve you. Whether you are looking for the perfect electric fireplace or another home furnishing, our staff can help.
Call today at 1-800 299-9470 to ask for more details or to place an order. Or you can click on our help desk feature and chat live with one of our customer service personnel. At Appliances Connection, we pride ourselves on providing an easy and pleasurable customer service experience. Check out our website then call today!