As might be anyone’s guess, wall oven microwave combos have a microwave in their upper compartment and an oven in the lower one. Since there are numerous brands selling these combos and marketing them as being great, you’ll need some help choosing the best for your needs and that is precisely the purpose of this guide; enjoy.
This 30 inch electric Oven/Microwave combo comes with 3 oven racks that create more cooking platform. Even better, the true European convection system on this unit means that both the third heating element and convection fan work together to circulate heated air and cook food faster, efficiently and more evenly.
Once you’re done preparing your delicious meats, the steam clean option takes care of the grime and food spills for you, leaving your oven looking clean and fresh.
- 16-Inch Turntable – allows for even cooking by rotating food throughout the cooking cycle.
- Self-Clean with Steam Clean Option – eases the burden of cleaning your oven manually after each episode of cooking.
- Self-Clean Heavy-Duty Oven Racks – increases the convenience of cleaning by letting you clean your oven and racks together.
- Glass Touch Controls – lets you set temperatures faster and clean with little effort.
- Halogen Lighting – for illuminating the interior of the oven.
Pros: With the GE fits guarantee, you are assured that your wall oven will sit in the 30 inch cutout with precise exactness and make replacement a breeze.
Cons: Being an indoor wall oven, this appliance does not allow you the privilege of outdoor cooking.
There is a delay bake option on this white, 30 inch oven microwave set. This means you have the freedom to program your unit to start cooking at a specific time without necessarily having to be there yourself to initiate the cooking.
The SteamClean feature also means that cleaning of the oven is definitely one less thing to worry about, so you can use the time to do something else instead.
- AccuBake Temperature Management System – turns on the right cooking elements to ensure optimal heat and deliver consistent baking, even on multiple racks.
- EasyView Extra-Large Oven Window – lets you peep through to monitor your food as it cooks without necessarily having to open the oven door.
- Precise Clean Cleaning System – keeps track of the time between self-clean cycles and determines the right cycle time.
- SteamClean Option – cleans up after the day’s spills using just 1-1/4 cups of water.
Pros: Because the precise clean cleaning system ensures that self-cleaning cycles last only as long as necessary for optimal cleaning, there is reduced room for energy wastage on cleaning as the process is energy efficient.
Cons: Some sets have more room on the lower oven capacity.
A wall oven microwave combination is often a costly investment, but this Gallery Series 30 inch set is a slight exception from that rule – it is fairly low cost. However, let that price not fool you. This oven/microwave combo does not compromise on essential features. It boasts several smart features, up to 10 power levels, and a massive capacity of 2.0 cubic feet on the upper microwave, plus a generous 4.6 cubic feet oven capacity underneath.
- True Convection System – has a convection fan that circulates hot air throughout the oven for a quick, even baking on all the racks.
- Quick Preheat Feature – reduces preheat times to just a few minutes.
- One-Touch Keep Warm Setting – keeps food warm and ready for serving when you’re ready.
- Express-Select Controls – lets you set cooking temperature or choose one-touch cooking options with ease.
- Quick Clean – for a quick, light oven cleaning.
Pros: This unit has a delay start feature that allows you to set it to begin cooking at a later time, from one to 24 hours. And, it shuts off automatically after six hours as an additional safety measure – thanks to the Oven Shut-Off feature.
Cons: There is no drawer on the FGMC3065PF, so you’ll have to use different storage altogether.
Appliances from the Bosch Benchmark series usually tend to be industry leaders from many fronts, and this 30 inch oven microwave combo is no different. It is loaded with all the essential features and extras intended to make indoor cooking an enjoyable experience.
The oven uses steam technology to cook healthier foods for the whole family, while the SmoothClose door adds an upscale touch to your unit.
- Steam Convection – this results in moist, tender dishes.
- TFT Control Panel – is easy to use, with an intuitive display that lets you select the temperature setting and cooking mode, then the unit does the rest.
- SteelTouch Buttons – these buttons let you control your Bosch oven with the lightest touch.
- EcoClean Feature – ensures the appliance delivers greater energy efficiency by running for the shortest possible time.
- Full-Extension Telescopic Rack – this offers better access to the oven cavity.
Pros: The AutoProbe feature is a great addition. It lets you program your meat to cook to perfection by choosing the right temperature setting based on the meat type. The sensors will test the actual temperatures of your meat and deliver the results you want. Further, you can choose from up to 14 specialized cooking modes for any of your favorite dishes.
Cons: Despite being so upscale, this unit does not have Wi-Fi, so you won’t be able to control it remotely.
Despite being a slightly smaller unit at 27 inches in size, the PK7800EKES offers the same large capacity that you get with its bigger cousins. The oven/microwave combo boasts a generous capacity of 4.3 cubic feet on the lower compartment and 1.7 cubic feet on the microwave at the top.
The oven is double walled, with 2 oven racks offering enough room to cook for the whole family in one go.
- Convection Microwave – circulates heat on the upper unit for high-quality food warming and cooking results.
- True European Convection (Lower Oven) – features a third heating element that works alongside the convection fan to circulate heat more evenly throughout the oven cavity and cook better.
- Self-Clean, Heavy-Duty Roller Rack – allows for easier access to items within the oven as the rack glides smoothly to let you.
- Glass Touch Controls – allows you to choose temperatures settings quickly and clean the appliance with little effort.
- Ten-Pass Bake Element – is responsible for even baking, with heat that covers more of the food surface area.
Pros: The oven-microwave set has a slimmer profile that means it takes up less space without compromising on interior capacity.
Cons: This combination of oven and microwave is not ADA compliant, so it may be challenging for disabled persons to use.
If you want a truly enhanced look and experience in your kitchen then the Dacor DOC30M977DS is your best shot. This oven-microwave combination from the Modernist series is a true masterpiece, with convection in both cavities to ensure even heat distribution regardless of the cavity you choose or what food you’re cooking.
There is the GreenClean self-clean option that comes with this unit to ensure it is hassle free to maintain it clean.
- Exclusive Four-Part Pure Convection System – engineered to not only reduce cooking time, but also prevent flavor transfer, so you may achieve cooking perfection.
- 2 GlideRacks – have a smooth gliding ball bearing system that let them extend fully out of the oven, with a convenient handle deigned to simplify moving of heavier dishes in and out of the oven.
- Digital Temperature Probe – connects to the digital controls and switches oven into Automatic Hold upon reaching the desired internal food temperature.
- Luxurious Large Oven Capacity – makes cooking for the whole family a stress-free experience.
- Dacor iQ Kitchen App – has integrated Wi-Fi that lets you control and monitor everything remotely.
Pros: This oven microwave combo is extremely feature rich, with BrightVue Oven Light and RadiantVue™ Microwave Lighting doing a perfect job at illuminating the interiors of both the lower oven and microwave respectively. Preparing food is just easier when there is greater visibility of what is cooking.
Cons: The unit is expensive.