Whether you live in a small apartment or just want to save some space in your laundry room, the option of a stackable washer and dryer set can come handy. The set consists of a washing machine and dryer vertically stacked together as a convenient space-saving solution. If this is something you want to try out then consider these top 5 picks for 2019.
If you are looking for an energy efficient washing machine then this Miele unit is for you. The pair is Energy Star certified, which means it will help you save on both water and electricity bills while also remaining kind to the environment. It does this by minimizing consumption and wastage thus helping you save money off these overheads.
You also be glad to know the appliance has been tested and thoroughly evaluated by scientists, engineers, and technicians at Good Housekeeping Institute. Thus you’ll see the Good Housekeeping Seal on it as an assurance that you’re choosing the very best there is.
- WiFiConn@ct – lets you conveniently connect the Miele appliance to the internet via a WLAN router. You can then use your smartphone or PC tablet to explore all its amazing smart capabilities.
- FragranceDos – a feature that lets you transmit your favorite scent to your laundry during drying.
- Anti-Crease Action – engineered to provide wrinkle-free laundry each time by loosening them at regular intervals.
- Heat-pump Technology – keeps low temperatures during operations; ensuring energy efficiency and protection of laundry fibers.
- Enamelled Front – found only on Miele, the enamel front panels are scratch-proof, corrosion-proof, alkaline-resistant, impervious to acids and quite easy to clean.
Pros: The unit has Miele’s proprietary SteamFinish feature that ensures your ironing is easier or even completely unneeded depending on the fabric type.
Cons: This product is the most expensive on this list.
The Bosch 539060 unit boasts a sleek, compact design which means you can easily stack it under your counter or in a closet. The washer and dryer set has been carefully designed to fit in the smallish crannies in your home so that you can have the rest of the space for other things.
The high-quality one-piece stainless steel drum in this Bosch washer and dryer helps protect your fabrics. This way, the unit extends the life of your clothes, ensuring that you don’t have to replace them (at a cost) every so often. Meanwhile, the ActiveWater technology used by this unit ensures there is maximum water use efficiency so your bills won’t spike.
- Sensitive Drying System – this ensures your laundry won’t form creases, as it gets them dry by mild, warm air from all sides and gently mixed by the curving soft carriers.
- Spin Speed – RPM of Spin Speed, more power, better cleaning, more comfort.
- 15 Dry Cycles – these include permanent press, permanent press extra dry, permanent press damp, delicates, quick 40, time dry, hand wash / wool, air fluff/no heat, cotton dry, cotton extra dry, towels, sanitize, jeans, bulky large items, quick dry auto; so you can choose the right dry cycle for each fabric.
- AquaShield – provides protection against water damage with its special double-walled feed hose and safety valve.
- 15 Wash Cycles – wide range to ensure you can wash with the right cycle each time.
- SpeedPerfect – designed to deliver up to 25-percent faster cleaning.
Pros: The unit has ActiveWater technology which ensures maximum efficiency in water and energy consumption which helps you save money.
Cons: The unit can handle only small loads.
This Samsung product is one of the quietest in the market. It features the company’s latest vibration reduction technology (VRT) which ensures it operates more quietly compared to other washers in its class. The tub in this unit is innovatively designed, with special sensors that work to keep heavy loads balanced even when the machine is operating at high spin speeds.
Also, the diamond drum interior has been uniquely designed to with smooth, diamond-shaped ridges to help extend clothing life by treating fabrics gently.
- Smart Care Service – interacts with the washer and dryer to perform an immediate diagnosis and provide you with quick solutions so you don’t have to contact customer service.
- Self Clean+ Technology – removes dirt and bacteria, keeping the washer tub fresh at all times.
- Sensor Dry Feature – provides a drying cycle that optimizes the time and temperature to dry clothes thoroughly, protecting your laundry in the process.
- Child Lock Feature – prevents unauthorized access and helps keep your young explorers safe.
Pros: This washer and drier set has plenty of great washing options and Samsung’s latest in laundry technology, so you can choose what lets you clean to perfection.
Cons: The washer is fairly small for full sized comforters.
For a front load washer with truly amazing bells and whistles, you can’t go wrong with the LG 993959 stackable option. This compact washing machine and dryer set is getting top marks from reviewers, with everyone seeming to find something to love about it.
The unit has the SmartThinQ smart technology which works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant to offer new ways of controlling your appliance. Just say the commands and the technology will respond (to your voice).
Turbo Wash option also means that you can save time on larger loads, without compromising on its outstanding cleaning performance!
- NeveRust Stainless Steel Drum – designed to offer maximum resistance to rust and corrosion, so it will last several years saving you money in the process.
- TrueSteam Technology – reduce odors that cling to fabrics, knitwear and even delicates with LG Styler`s TrueSteam technology.
- Drum Lighting – illuminates the interior of the drum to so you won’t miss a garment when unloading.
- WiFi Connect – lets you control your appliance from any room in the house with your Smart phone.
- SmartDiagnosis – this feature helps the service center diagnose problems with a simple app on your smartphone or over the phone, eventually minimizing costly and inconvenient service calls.
Pros: This appliance is Energy Star rated, which means it saves you some bucks through energy efficiency, while also ensuring that you’re being friendly to the environment.
Cons: Some of the technology may require a bit of learning.
Here is a front load electric laundry pair set with IQ-Touch control panel to always keep your options visible on your range.
The unit boasts the SmartBoost technology which premixes water with detergent and fabric softener before touching your clothes. What this means is that the detergent and fabric softener will both be more evenly distributed compared to what happens with other units.
You’ll be glad to know that this washer and dryer set from Electrolux is both NSF certified and Energy Star rated, which makes it a shoo-in for earning both the food-safe and environmentally-friendly badges.
- LuxCare Wash System – combines improved wash actions, temperature control, and smart load sensing to offer a thorough clean cycle after cycle.
- 15-Minute Fast Wash – for the fastest yet thorough wash results.
- Predictive Dry Feature – lets you predict drying times for your clothes more accurately.
- Sanitize Option – sure to kill and remove up to 99 percent of bacteria and 95 percent of allergens.
- LuxCare Dry System – is a more precise sensor offering better dry to protect clothes from over-drying, while eliminating chances for wet clothes remaining in the load.
Pros: The unit has been engineered to guarantee wrinkle free laundry with its Instant Refresh Cycle and Perfect Steam Wrinkle Release feature. The former removes wrinkles and quickly refreshes items with steam in 10 minutes, while the latter helps minimize static to keep clothes looking their best.
Cons: The only downside in this one is probably just the purchase cost.