When it comes to the subject of wall ovens, one of the less well-known configurations is the side-swing door version– which is too bad since it offers a benefit standard door wall ovens do not.
The main advantage you’ll find in a side swing wall oven is easy access to the oven compartment. With drop-down wall ovens, the door itself prevents you from approaching the oven compartment from the front. And if you do so, you’ll have to reach over the open door to get your hands inside the oven—and that door is going to be hot. Very hot. With a side opening wall oven, you simply open the door and step right up to remove the food without the worry of getting a blistered arm. These ovens have all the power and features of a regular wall oven with the advantage of direct access. And at Appliances Connection we carry an extensive line of wall ovens with a side opening door.
Here, we offer a quick list of some of the best Side Swing Wall Ovens based on the following categories…
The lone gas oven to make the list is Bluestar’s versatile 24” wall oven with three oven racks and a 3.5 cu. ft. capacity. It combines heavy-duty, handcrafted construction with seamless contemporary design to bring functional beauty to the home chef’s kitchen with a small-windowed, almost industrial look. Plus if you want unique aesthetics, Bluestar lets you select a custom RAL color for the body and control knobs for an added dash of style or to match your kitchen décor.
This piece really pours on the power, too, with a 25,000 BTU burner, 15,000 BTU ceramic infrared broiler, and a heat assist element for quick start-ups and 3,000 BTU of additional power. Add the True European convection option and this becomes one seriously efficient cooking machine.
- Full extension oven racks – for easy access, food insertion and removal
- Dual Halogen Oven Lights – deliver high visibility
- Oven Option – available as a single or double oven
- Coved corners – provide optimal heat circulation and easier cleaning
- Flexible Fuel Source – operates on natural or propane gas
- Price - 2
- Features - 3
- Capacity - 4
#4 - Haier HCW225LAES
This affordable little electric oven from Haier packs in all the qualities you need to create culinary excellence, with True European convection for fast, thorough, and overall even cooking. Two racks and five shelf positions can accommodate many different sizes and types of cookware, and a hidden bake element on the bottom makes cleaning quick and easy.
The LCD display with Sensor Touch controls allows easier, more intuitive programming. With a 24” width and 2.0 cu. ft. capacity, this oven is perfectly suited for kitchens with limited space. Plus, an oven-wide window lets you keep an eye on things.
- Ten Heating Methods – including top and bottom heat, bake, pizza, defrost, and more
- Favorite Recipe Option – for meals you make often
- Halogen Interior Lighting – lets you check cooking progress easily
- Fast Preheat – gets the oven ready 25% faster than standard preheat
- Control Lock – disables the control panel to prevent changes to your settings
- Timer – lets you turn the oven on or off whenever you like
- Price - 5
- Features - 3
- Capacity - 2
#3 - Thermador POD301LW
From Thermador’s Professional series comes a spacious, 4.5 cu. ft. capacity smart oven loaded with features and the latest innovations, including a Home Connect program that lets you remotely monitor, control, and start with the flexibility to program custom settings through the app.
For succulent, savory meats done to perfection, you can use the heavy-duty rotisserie that can handle roasts or chickens up to 12 lbs.—especially since it’s paired with Thermador’s 5.000 watt Max Broil element that’s one of the most powerful on the market.
- Wi-Fi Connect – controls the oven from anywhere in the house
- Speed Convection – reduces cooking times for frozen foods up to 30%
- Superfast Preheat – preheats the oven in less than seven minutes
- Multi-point Meat Probe – for precise temperature measurement
- 16 Cooking Modes – including bake, broil, dehydrate, and more
- Child Safety Lock – prevents unwanted program changes
- Sabbath Mode – Star-K Kosher certified for pre-programmed operation
- Telescopic Racks – for smooth, easy access to your dishes
- Price - 3
- Features - 4
- Capacity - 4
In the middle of the price pack is a 30” single wall oven from Bosch Benchmark with a spacious 4.6 cu. ft. total capacity and fourteen cooking modes including multi-rack True European convection, to handle any kitchen challenge. It’s also surprisingly energy efficient with Bosch’s exclusive 2-hour EcoClean mode delivering improved energy efficiency by running for the shortest period of time possible.
It also has some standout features such as a Cooked Food Sensor which detects when food is ready and automatically turns off the oven, and AutoProbe, which pre-programs your meat to cook rare, medium or well-done based upon the meat type, delivering perfect results every time. And it’s quite the aesthetically pleasing piece, too, with SteelTouch buttons lending a sleek, streamlined appearance and letting you program the oven with the lightest touch along with the TFT color display.
- Delay Start – cook on your schedule
- Extra-Wide Window – easily monitor your foods
- Halogen Lights – offers a well-kit interior
- QuietClose Door – no more slamming or jostling.
- Telescopic Rack – full-extension rack glides easily on ball bearings
- Fast Preheat – lets you start cooking quicker
- ADA Compliant – meets the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Sabbath Mode – Star K certified for Kosher operation
- Price – 4
- Features - 4
- Capacity - 4
Offering the largest oven capacity on this list with an extremely roomy 5 cu. ft. GE Profile delivers sleek good looks with high performance with their Wi-Fi enabled 30” electric smart wall oven that connects with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for voice-activated control. For even more high-tech innovation, this oven also works with IFTTT, which helps connect your apps to work together.
One feature that sets this oven apart from the others is the Air Fry oven function. This enables you to cook healthier, crispier versions of your favorite foods without the need to pre heat. From French fries to fish to chicken, this oven takes calorie-laden grease and fat off the menu.
- True European Convection – bakes and broil to perfection
- Delay-bake Option – set the oven to fit your schedule
- Control Lock Capability – prevents unwanted operation
- Shut Off Function – can be set up to 12 hours
- Preheat Signal – lets you know the oven is ready for use
- Sabbath Mode – lets you program operation ahead of time
- Scan to Cook – automatically sets cooking mode for prepackaged foods
- Self-Clean/Steam Clean – clean the oven the way you want
- Price - 4
- Features - 5
- Capacity - 5
*Prices may fluctuate due to discounts, promotions, or sales events. Click "VIEW LATEST PRICE" to see the up-to-date price of the item.
It looks like the GE Profile model comes out on top with an attractive balance of all categories. At least, that’s how the experts at Appliances Connection see it. But while our opinion may be expert, your opinion is what matters most. Do you want a more luxurious high-end model or would you eschew fancy features for a lower price? Only you can decide which side-swing oven is right for your needs.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below.
How much do wall ovens cost? ?
Our selection of wall ovens range in price from under $400 to $12,575
Why are wall ovens so expensive?
There a several reasons. With a wall oven, you need to purchase a separate cooktop and pay for installation.
Are wall ovens a standard size?
Wall ovens come in a variety of sizes, with Appliances Connection carrying models in widths of 24", 27",30", and 36".