When one thinks of high-end appliances, one envisions the latest technological advances and top-tier performance combined with sleek, gorgeously appointed exteriors that can add an air of luxury to any kitchen.
And that’s an absolutely correct assumption. With any product, there are more affordable, more basic models and there are high-end models that are more finely constructed from better materials. And those who have been dubbed high-end brands have earned their lofty status by simply being the best in their industry. This is especially true in the realm of home appliances, which must consistently deliver in every aspect from appearance to durability. When you purchase a high-end appliance, you’re making an investment in your home and your future. And with a higher price point, you demand a higher return. But which are the best high-end appliance brands? And are their luxury appliances worth it? Well, you’re about to find out.
Here, the experts at Appliances Connection have discerned what we consider the best high-end appliance brands, as well as some samples of their products. Read on to learn more…
WHO ARE THEY?
Founded in 1899, Miele is one of the most popular high-end appliance manufacturers in their home country of Germany. When it comes to quality, Miele holds itself to stringent manufacturing standards like no other company, building almost all of their products in their own factories with every single component made by them. Their precision engineering assures their products are as flawless as possible in both operation and aesthetics with products tested to last for up to 20 years.
This 48 Inch Freestanding Dual Fuel Range is made for the serious home chef with six sealed burners on top and the most powerful reaching 19,000 BTU. The oven is equally impressive with two convection fans ensuring even, thorough, and efficient cooking. 16 cooking options let you customize the oven to the food, with modes such as Rotisserie, Gentle Bake, Intense Cook, and Moisture Plus. And with the energy-saving Residual Heat Utilization, the oven switches off early and uses excess remaining heat to complete the cooking process.
- MasterChef Programs – select from over 100 automatic programs to effortlessly prepare virtually any dish
- ComfortSwivel Handle – ergonomic design helps with easy opening and closing
- Wireless Precision Probe – four measuring points ensure accurate temperature readings
- Favorite Settings – permanently program the oven for your most commonly cooked meals
- Soft Open/Close Door – prevents slamming or jarring
- Timer Function – set the unit to cook on your schedule
- AirClean Catalyzer – reduces grease and odors, preventing deposits from collecting on furniture, walls and curtains
WHO ARE THEY?
One of the most popular brands on the appliance market, Viking offers a vast line of ranges, refrigerators, dishwashers, microwaves, and hoods, and are recognized as one of the most dependable manufacturers in the business.
They’ve garnering dozens of awards for both aesthetic design and performance from such industry authorities as Interior Design Magazine, Architect’s Newspaper, and House Beautiful as well as CNBC’s list of High-Quality Products Made in America.
Viking’s 5 Series 48 Inch Freestanding All Gas Range features six sealed burners topping out at 18,500 BTU with a TruPower Plus burner. With a large-capacity 6.1 cu. ft. oven, there’s plenty of room to bake, roast, or broil all sorts of delicious delights—especially since the oven can reach up to 30,000 BTU and is aided by Viking’s Vari-Speed Dual Flow Convection boasting the largest bi-directional fan in the industry. This range also allows for several cooking methods with an integrated griddle on the cooktop.
- VariSimmer – gentle, even simmering at precise low cooking temperatures
- GourmetGlo Infrared Broiler – provides intense heat to lock in savory juices
- GentleClose Door – closes softly and smoothly
- SureSpark – automatically re-ignites a burner if it is extinguished
- TruGlide Racks – fully extend for easy insertion and removal of dishes
- SoftLit LED Lights – illuminates the interior for easy viewing
- 10-Pass Broiler – delivers everything from light toasting to intense searing
- Choice of Colors – add a burst of verve to your kitchen
WHO ARE THEY?
Thermador is one of the oldest American appliance companies still churning out superior quality high-end appliances. With over 100 years of experience, they’ve been innovators in the industry from the start, being the first appliance manufacturer to introduce America to the concept of the cooktop as well as completely reinventing food preservation with their personalized column refrigeration system. When it comes to luxury appliances, Thermador is a brand you should always take into consideration.
This Pro Grand Series 48 Inch Smart Freestanding All Gas Range has everything you need for expert meal preparation and much more. The cooktop holds six sealed burners including an ExtraHigh Star Burner that ramps up all the way to 22,000 BTU for fast searing or boiling as well as ExtraLow Burners for precision simmering. The oven is equally impressive with a whopping 6.7 cu. ft. capacity, true convection and several cooking modes for easy control.
- Cooktop Grill – convenient and thermostatically controlled for even heating
- Home Connect – monitor, program, and adjust the range at any time via smart device
- SoftClose Hinges – hydraulic hinges prevent slamming or jarring
- Continuous Cast Iron Grates – for smooth movement of cookware
- 2.5-Hour Self Clean – one of the fastest self-clean modes in the industry
- Sabbath Mode – keeps lights off during observances
WHO ARE THEY?
Monogram is a manufacturer of home appliances with a philosophy built on three supporting pillars: materials, performance, and ownership. And with each of these tenets in mind, they have continued to innovate and develop an ever-improving line of products for the home, all of which reflect Monogram’s determination to offer consumers the highest-quality products that operate at peak performance every time without fail.
Monogram’s 48 Inch Smart Freestanding Dual Fuel Range offers an incredible 8.25 cu. ft. convection oven in a double oven that can prepare massive meals for dinner parties or holiday gatherings. It also has a healthy cooking option with an Air Fry feature that crisps food to crunchy perfection without using oils or butter. The cooktop has six sealed burners with two having a high output of 23,000 BTU. It also sports a convenient griddle for even more flexible cooking options. And the entire unit can be controlled remotely through the SmartHQ app you can install on your device.
- Versatile Burner Configuration –dual-stack burners offer heat ranging from a gentle simmer to intense flame
- Reversible Wok Grates – grates are flat on one side and contoured for wok cooking on the other
- Chef Connect – synchronize the range with other kitchen tools like appliance clocks, surface lights, and vents
- Color LED Lighting – customize accent lighting color and brightness to match décor or dining ambiance
- Ring-Lit Knobs – can be set to any color you choose
- Soft-Close Hinges – ensure that the oven door always closes smoothly and quietly
- Precision Temperature Probe – shows cooking progress on the wall oven screen or SmartHQ app
WHO ARE THEY?
For over 135 years, Bertazzoni’s beautifully engineered cooking appliances have followed the guiding principles of founder Francesco Bertazzoni, whose love of food, family, and engineering inspired him to design and continue to develop some of the most advanced appliances for the kitchen. Since then, the six ensuing generations have done the same, continuing to progress and becoming one of the most well-regarded appliance manufacturers in the industry. Utilizing the most up-to-date building methods and developing precision features to assist even the most ardent home chef, their products are more than worth the luxury pricing.
Smaller in capacity but not in performance, the Professional Series 48 Inch Freestanding Dual Fuel Range still manages to pack premium quality in a counter-depth electric convection oven that won’t interrupt your cabinet line. And with a total 7 cu. ft. capacity, it can handle plenty of hefty meals. The cooktop has six burners featuring two high-powered 19,000 BTU high-power burner and a handy griddle for a variety of cooking styles.
- Dual-Ring Power Burner – provides both high power and low simmer flames
- Soft Motion Door – carefully balanced for easy opening and smooth closing with one hand
- Flame Failure Safety Device – turns off gas the moment a flame has been extinguished
- Self Clean Oven – reduces any food remnants to ash
- Multi-Layer Glass Door – ensures minimal heat loss and a safe outer surface
WHO ARE THEY?
Ilve is an Italian manufacturer with almost 70 years of experience. At their state-of-the-art facility near Venice they hand craft each and every appliance with a level of care not often found in a large appliance company. With a balanced blend of quality, beauty, and dependable materials, Ilve is especially known for their attention to detail, with every component installed by hand. They’re distinctive, elegant exteriors also set them apart from the competition, with a wide variety of colors, trims, and hardware to choose from. Any kitchen with an Ilve range cannot help but be elevated to luxury status.
This 48 Inch Freestanding Dual Fuel Range from Ilve’s Majestic II Series is a true beauty in black with brass hardware and trim—and its performance more than matches its appearance, with a more petite 5.02 cu. ft. True European Convection oven providing even heat distribution for perfect results every time. The cooktop holds eight sealed brass burners—including one with 20,000 BTU of cooking power—so there’s no limit of cooking space. And a full width dishwarming drawer gives the option to use residual heat of the oven to keep cooked food warm or warm your dishes before serving.
- Dual-Ring Burner –separately controlled independent burners for boiling and simmering
- Nanotech Coating – makes for easy cleaning of the burners
- Sealed Oven – traps moisture in the oven cavity ensuring that your meats remain moist and succulent
- Fast Pre-Heat – reaches cooking temperature quickly and efficiently
- Continuous Cast Iron Grates – slide pots easily or from one burner to another
- Cool Door – perfectly insulated thanks to the three glass panes
- Enameled Oven Cavity – easy to clean and resists fat or grease sticking
- Color Options – available in a rich palette of colors
As you can see, high-end appliance brands are a step above the standard, each offering an array of unique features in both performance and appearance. But which is right for you? That depends on several factors including your personal taste, preferred price range, and kitchen layout—and in the end, the only opinion that matters is yours. Because when you invest in a high-end appliance, you want to be secure in the knowledge your appliance will deliver peak performance for years to come. If you’re still not sure, feel free to contact Appliances Connection. We’re always happy to help you find what you’re looking for.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below.
Are high-end appliances worth the money?
Yes, they are. If high-end appliances weren’t worth the money, it would be pointless to manufacture them. The old saying “You get what you pay for,” is actually quite true when it comes to appliances. They may cost a bit more, but that’s because they are worth it.
Do high-end appliances increase a home's value?
High-end appliances definitely increase a home’s value. The quality of the home appliances makes a great deal of difference in a home’s overall worth since if the home is eventually sold, those appliances (with rare exceptions) are included. Therefore, their value is joined with the home permanently.
What are the best high-end kitchen appliances?
There are numerous brands which can be considered to be the best high-end kitchen appliances. Just a few include the brands listed in the above article, along with Sub-Zero. Wolf, Gaggenau, La Cornue, Dacor, Bosch, and many others. If you would like even more high-end options, feel free to contact the experts at Appliances Connection.