French door refrigerators are designed to open left and right in a manner that uses far less external space compared to their peers that open on one side only. This makes them a perfect choice if you wish to economize on some much needed kitchen space. For these benefits, Appliances Connection have rounded up six of the best French door refrigerators here to help you with choosing. Have a look.
Here is a French door refrigerator with adjustable glass shelving on the fresh food section for greater storage flexibility. A factory-installed icemaker ensures you have a steady supply of ice on hand while eliminating the hassle of filling ice trays manually.
This Energy Star certified refrigerator has adaptive defrost system which means there is no manual defrosting, while the two crisper drawers are humidity-controlled so you’re assured of optimum freshness of your fruits and vegetables.
- LED Interior Lighting – for illuminating the inside of this appliance.
- Full-Width, Temperature-Controlled Drawer – allows for the storage of wide items like sheet cakes and party platters.
- Frameless Glass Shelves – lets you store more items on each shelf wall-to-wall
- Gallon Door Bins – create additional room for storing containers such as those of milk and juice, effectively freeing up some shelf space.
- Accu-Chill Temperature Management System – senses and adapts accordingly to create the ideal environment for food.
Pros: This refrigerator saves you energy and keeps your bills on the low by its adaptive defrost which monitors compressor activity and defrosts only when necessary. The conveniently located interior water dispenser is quite an amazing inclusion.
Cons: The refrigerator is not counter-depth so it might bulge out into your kitchen space.
High end Samsung fridges have a reputation for offering a compelling mix of high-end features, and this4-door French door refrigerator is no exception. It boasts a premium triple cooling system which provides constantly optimal temperatures and humidity to preserve your foods in a perfect state at all times. And since it is counter depth, this cooling unit is just what you need to achieve that enhanced look in your kitchen interior.
- LED Interior Lighting – keeps the interior brighter than that of a standard refrigerator, making it easy to see your favorite foods.
- Cool Select Plus – a bottom-right door that offers the versatility of a fridge or freezer that lets you enjoy maximum room for fresh food storage.
- Ice Master – produces up to 5 pounds of ice a day, with the capacity to store up to 2.9 pounds.
- Two Humidity-Controlled Clear Crispers – provide ideal storage space for fruits and vegetables, keeping them fresh and crisp.
- Adjustable Shelf Design – allows you to fit in taller items with ease.
Pros: The 4-door design of this refrigerator not only allows for the controlling of each individual quadrant, but also helps you save on space within your kitchen.
Cons: The appliance is not ADA compliant, so it may put disabled users at a disadvantage.
If you are looking for a French door refrigerator that will sit flush with your existing cabinetry then this 36 inch piece from Viking is for you. It features a counter-depth design that integrates seamlessly within your kitchen interior, and adjustable, spill proof shelves made of tempered glass provide safe and convenient storage options.
Also, the ColdZone drawer can be set up separate temperature controls to store meat or produce for extended periods of time.
- Premium Air Purification System – helps keep clean air circulating to prevent any transfer of odor.
- Adjustable ColdZone Drawer – allows for more storage options with its separate temperature control.
- Electronic Temperature Controls – have digital temperature readout for ease of use.
- Theatre LED Lighting – provides illumination and elegance.
- In-The-Door Compartment With Cover – for storing your dairy products.
Pros: The unit has a premium water filter that produces a cleaner supply of ice by filtering bad odor, tastes, and harmful contaminants.
Cons: Lacks Energy Star certification, so it may be energy inefficient and contribute to environmental degradation.
If you are looking for ample storage room then look no further than this black stainless steel series French door refrigerator. With a capacity of 29.7 cubic feet, this unit could fit up to 30 bags of groceries.
The unit is Energy Star certified, which means it not only saves you money though energy efficiency but also helps you remain friendly to the environment.
- CustomChill Drawer – has its own temperature environment that can be adjusted to meet the temperature needs of various foods.
- Lustrous New Finish – is appealing to the eye and adds to the overall beauty of your kitchen.
- Door-In-Door Feature – improves organization and provides easy access into the refrigerator for a quick beverage or snack.
- Smart Cooling Plus Technology – helps maintain ideal conditions within the refrigerator for every food type.
Pros: The door-in-door design on this LG LMXS30776S allows for quick and easy access to the interior without risk of losing its cooling. The reduced loss of cooling means that you can save on your cooling energy bills in the long run.
Cons: Parts/labor warranty is limited to 1 year.
This 36 inch freestanding, counter depth refrigerator is ADA compliant, so it will be ideal for disabled users. It has a TwinChill evaporator separating the climate in the fresh food and freezer sections to keep everything fresh.
The advanced water filtration system on this unit helps reduce trace pharmaceuticals from both water and ice, making them much safer for use.
- Counter-Depth Design – creates a built-in look that sits flush with surrounding cabinetry.
- Hands-Free Autofill Feature – allows you to walk away as the dispenser fills any container with filtered water automatically.
- Second Icemaker Option – lets you have all the ice you need on hand when you need it.
- TwinChill Evaporators – keep the climates in the fresh food and freezer sections separate to help foods stay fresh.
Pros: The refrigerator has a full-width, electronic temperature-controlled drawer where you can store your favorite foods at the optimal temperature with its different color-coded accurate settings.
Cons: The shelves are not spill proof, so you need to handle them with caution.
The RF28JBEDBSR has a massive storage of 27.8 cubic feet, which is pretty much room for organized food preservation and storage. This Energy Star rated French door refrigerator features a Food ShowCase door for easy reach of the most frequently used items.
In terms of performance, the unit is a pro. Its metal cooling system is a major inclusion as it helps lock in cold and seal freshness in for excellent results.
- External Ice and Water Dispenser – provides fresh filtered water and ice throughout.
- Stainless Steel Paneling – helps maintain consistent temperature throughout the refrigerator.
- Ice Master Ice Maker – produces up to 10 pounds of ice every day.
- Space-Saving Design – creates more room in the refrigerator.
Pros: This is the only refrigerator in this list which has the EZ-Open Handle specially designed to allow for easy opening and closing of the freezer when fully loaded. You’ll love how the low-profile handle helps lift up and glide out the drawer with ease.
Cons: The unit is not approved for commercial use.