When the human ancestor Homo erectus began cooking meat using fire some 1.8 million years ago, he had no idea just how much his progeny – the modern man – would further this method of food preparation.
Over the years, grilling has evolved and so has the range of meals you can prepare using this method. One thing has remained unchanged though: grilling has remained one of the healthiest ways to cook both meats and vegetables.
That said, here are some of the best freestanding grills that will take your barbeque game higher a notch
Here is a freestanding barbeque grill that stands tall in terms of power output. It cranks out a whopping 50000 BTUs of pure heat on 4 primary burners, so you have enough to prepare your favorite delicacy nicely and quickly.
Cook like a pro with this Regal 490 PRO grill. It comes with a 10000 BTU side burner to ensure you can cook the veggies, heat sauces and make other side dishes on the side while you prepare chicken, steaks, and meats on the main burners.
- 15000 BTU rotisserie burner on the rear – offers the perfect spot for slow roasting turkeys, chickens, and roasts.
- Sure-Lite electronic ignition system – lights up the barbecue grill quickly and with ease.
- Deluxe Accu-temp thermometer – easy to read and provides very accurate temperature reading with its probe that reaches deep into the oven.
- Stainless steel Flav-R-Wave cooking System – for infinite heat control.
- Level Q Leg Levelers – quickly and firmly stabilize the Broil King on uneven surfaces.
Pros: Has beautiful built-in control knobs with LED lights for illumination after dark. This is great because then darkness won’t stop you from preparing your hamburgers and succulent steaks.
Cons: Could use a few storage shelves in the substructure.
The R425SIBPSS is a 51 inch freestanding liquid propane grill from the Rogue Series by Napoleon. This freestanding unit features 3 powerful stainless steel tube burners that produce excellent amount of heat per square inch.
In addition to the 3 primary burners, there is Napoleon’s infrared Sizzle Zone side burner. This is highly efficient for making quick meals for one or two. The side burner is also perfect for producing sides and succulent sauces while grilling the main meal of the day on the standard burners.
- Dual level sear plates – for instantly vaporizing any juices or grease, turning them into flavor rather than causing flare ups.
- 625 square inch grilling space – ample grill space for preparing food for large groups quickly.
- Stainless steel burners – offer resistance to corrosion and guarantee longevity.
- Side shelves – are foldable for easy maneuverability, removable to save space for convenience.
Pros: Has Napoleon’s proprietary ACCU-PROBE temperature gauge that reads the internal temperature safely and instantly.
Cons: Some customers complain of difficulty to maintain the temperature in windy weather.
The freestanding Camp Chef SPG90B does not have much of the bells and whistles that you find on most units, but you’ll love its excellent performance. This liquid propane grill is also the cheapest in this list, so you won’t have to break the bank to acquire it.
What’s amazing is that a mere $315.99 is buying you an amazing capacity of 608 square-inch grilling surface, with a side table for your food. With this much grill space, you can get your 28 hamburgers to grill over the main burner area at the same time.
Being fully portable, this grill is the perfect pick if you want to keep up with your BBQ lifestyle while camping.
- Removable barbeque box – covers 2 burners and a large grilling surface
- 3 powerful cast burners – emit a power output of 30,000 BTU per hour.
- Independent leveling legs
- Single folding shelf
Pros: Low cost
Cons: Your purchase does not include the tank.
If you want a freestanding grill that is built to last then the 65 inch Prestige 500 Series from Napoleon is for you. This outdoor appliance boasts a robust stainless steel construction that guarantees rust resistance for near-infinite number of years to come. Since this choice of stainless steel is not only durable but also shining, it gives the P500RSIBPCH1 such a lustrous, sleek appearance that you’ll love.
There are not one, but 4 powerful stainless steel burners on this grill. Such a great use of the massive 900 sq. inches of grilling surface that you get with this freestanding machine. In addition, there is one infrared rotisserie burner providing intense heat, and complementing the rest of the burners for an ideal grilling experience.
- Sizzle Zone side burner – this provides an extra space for your cooking needs.
- Jetfire Ignition System – dependable; readily lights up the grill when needed to begin cooking.
- Integrated Infrared SIZZLE ZONE burner – for quick searing of food before transferring to the main burners.
- NIGHT LIGHT control knobs – blue LED lights that make it easy to grill after dark
- SafetyGlow – an added feature that turns the knobs red when a burner is in use.
Pros: Large, 900 square-inch grilling surface enough to prepare food for the whole family at ago. It has a superior grade stainless steel construction that is better at resisting corrosion than its peers made of lower grades.
Cons: Fairly pricey upfront.
Let the low cost of this grill not fool you. This is a feature-packed appliance that will make your grilling an enjoyable experience without sacrificing a lot of money. It has 3 burners supplying its 330 square inch grilling surface with up to 30000 BTUs of grilling power. These burners are lit by a dependable Sure-Lite electronic ignition system, which gives you peace of mind knowing that your BBQ grill will start quickly and easily.
You will love how easy it is to read the Deluxe Accu-temp thermometer on this Monarch Series 52 inch liquid propane grill. This thermometer provides very accurate temperature reading, thanks to its probe that reaches deep into the oven.
- Dual-Tube™ Burners – powerful tube in tube burners with more than 120 ports providing efficient heat, each burner having 2 ribbons of flame emitting more heat per square inch.
- Flav-R-Wave cooking system – for superior heat distribution across the entire surface of the grill, while also protecting the burners.
- Reversible Heavy Cast Iron Cooking Grids – use the pointed side of the cooking grids for perfect grill marks, or the grooved side to capture juices for continuous basting while cooking.
- Linear Flow™ Valves – control knobs that provide infinite heat control so you can set the grill to the perfect temperature for slow or faster cooking.
- High-powered side burner – emits a soaring 10,000 BTU power output for creating side dishes, sauces or soups while you grill.
- Locking Casters – for excellent stability and easy movement of the grill.
Pros: Has Therma-Cast cookbox made from die-cast aluminum, which provides excellent heat retention and long lasting durability. The cookbox is covered by a limited lifetime warranty for your peace of mind.
Cons: Rotisserie openings are large and lets the wind put out the flame when on a low setting.