One major advantage electric grills have over gas and charcoal grills is that they can be used indoors. Electric grills can be used in the comfort of your home, or outside having a good time. So if you live in an apartment, condo, or someplace where you don't have an outdoor space, electric grills are perfect.
Electric grills use electric elements as heat sources, instead of using flames produced from charcoal or gas, minimizing hazards. However, just like charcoal and gas grills, electric grills come in various styles such as freestanding, post mount, portable, and built-in. Even though electric grills don't use flames, your food will still be cooked thoroughly and have great flavor. Let's go over the best electric grills for your indoor or outdoor space.
This built-in grill not only serves as a grill but can be also used as a cooktop. Cook your food directly on the grill's surface, or you can use pots and pans to prepare dishes. Different cooking methods you can use with this grill include pan fry, roasting, steaming, toasting, and more.
It doesn't matter which cooking method you use on the 25" cooking surface, this Evo grill make less of a mess in the kitchen with its drip pan and spill collection trays. The drip pan will catch juices running from your food, while the collection trays capture food debris. The cooking surface is also easy to clean so cleaning this grill will be a breeze.
- Black Seasoned Steel Circular Cooktop- Prepare food directly on the cooktop or with pots and pans.
- Stainless Steel Drip Pan- A stainless steel drip pan surrounds the cook surface with forward spillover slots and collection trays, catching all food debris for easy cleanup.
- Easy Clean- The cooking surface is easy to wipe down and clean.
- Digital Temperature Display- Digital display for the inner and outer zones of the grill.
Electri Chef's 32" Ruby post mount grill is perfect for common grilling areas such as patios, terraces, backyards, balconies, and rooftops. This grill is constructed with 304 grade stainless steel for durability and easy cleaning. The stainless steel cooking grids are removable so you can clean them easily after every use.
Digital controls and adjustable temperature settings makes this electric grill easy to use. Temperatures range from 150-600°F so you can cook a variety of dishes, and the cooking timer will automatically shut the grill off when your food is done. For additional flexibility, there are two foldable side shelves, that can be useful for placing items or for saving space.
- Stay-Cool Handles- Stainless steel handles are layered in high-grade rubber grips to protect your hands from heat.
- Stainless Steel Cooking Grids- Durable cooking grids that are easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- Removable Drip Trays- Drip trays that collects excess liquids that comes from your grill. They're removable and easy to clean.
- Sturdy Fold-Down Side Shelves- Side shelves that can withstand a heavy amount of dishes, and can fold down for easier storage.
Using a powerful heating element, this table top grill can deliver heat over 725°F. In order for this portable grill to withstand high temperatures, it has a triple-wall insulated body and a double-wall grill lid that can endure powerful heat. The overall stainless steel construction makes this grill durable and easy to clean.
Stainless steel cooking grids makes food stick less to the surface, and the grids are spaced tightly so that food won't fall through. In addition to the cooking grids, the flavor grids vaporize grease and juices that flare up during cooking, minimizing flare ups or grease fires.
- Triple Wall Insulation- The grill's body is triple wall insulated to provide more of a concentrated heat.
- Advanced Ignition System- With the simple push of a button, your ignition is started up quickly.
- Heavy Stainless Steel Cooking Grids- Heavy duty cooking grids with an easy to clean surface.
- Stainless Steel Flavor Grids- Minimizes flare ups and grease fires by vaporizing liquids that pop up.
Part of Kenyon's Texan grill lineup, this freestanding grill uses two 1500 Watt heating elements that can be independently controlled so you can cook different foods at different settings. The electric elements are concealed which eliminates flare-ups from happening. There's 8 different heat settings for you to choose from, with cooking temperatures exceeding 550°F, taking care of all your cooking needs. There will be no hot or cold zones when cooking because of the direct contact between the heating elements and the cooking grate. This grill preheats in less than 7 minutes so you can get to cooking faster.
For additional storage, this grill has a dual-door cabinet to hold items, and foldable side shelves for extra workspace. The grill is made out of marine-grade 304 stainless steel that is weather resistant and rust proof, and is equipped with a waterproof digital touch control panel, so you can worry less about this grill in the rain or if your hands are wet.
- Non-Stick Grate- A dishwasher safe grate that makes it easy to turn over your food.
- Waterproof Digital Touch Control Panel - This control panel can work even if its covered in moisture.
- Double Burners- Two independently controlled grilling surfaces so you can cook two different items at different temperatures.
- Insulated Lids- This removable lid helps prevent accidental burns when your food is cooking, and cleans easily when you remove it.
As grilling technology advances, electric grills will become more convenient. They're easy to use and being able to be used as an indoor grill or outdoor grill is very valuable. Another great benefit about electric grills is that they can be easier to clean than gas and charcoal grills. After you're done using your electric grill, one of the common methods used to clean them is wiping the surface with a wet paper towel when the grill is still hot.
All of the grills we've listed all have unique features and characteristics, so you can accurately decide which model fits your preferences. No matter what type of style you choose for your electric grill, all of the options we listed will be a great fit.
How long do electric grills last?
Most grills last for a minimum of 3 years without requiring any maintenance. With proper cleaning and regular inspection, your grill can last as many as 7 years or even more.
Can you put aluminum foil on an electric grill?
You can put aluminum foil on electric grills but you'll get less grills marks if any on your food.
Do electric grills smoke?
Electric grills do produce smoke, but the smoke produced is very little or insignificant.