This 36 inch electric induction cooktop from the 800 series by Bosch is a truly revolutionary kitchen innovation. It boasts 5 elements, pan presence sensor, induction technology, speedboost in stainless steel, and is ADA compliant.
There is a large, 12-inch dual-ring center cooking zone to accommodate large pots and pans. For faster cooking, the cooktop has speedboost that provides extra heat on each of its five elements.
- AutoChef this feature continuously regulates temperatures during cooking, adjusting them as needed.
- Count Down Timer a function that allows you to pre-set a cooking time for each individual heating element so the cooktop automatically shuts off individual cooking elements upon reaching their programmed time.
- PreciseSelect this directs the selection of cooking levels (17 Settings)
- PotSense automatically recognizes bottom of pan on cooking element
- SafeStart ensures that element is only activated when suitable cookware is placed on it, so it won't accidentally start when other metal objects come into contact with the cooktop surface.
Pros: Has Child Lock feature for increased safety (prevents the cooktop from being accidentally switched on).
Cons: Not enough contrast, may be hard to see the burner outlines in certain lighting conditions.
This Profile induction cooktop is among the few cooktops with the largest number of great customer reviews on AppliancesConnection. It is a modern cooktop loaded with five induction elements of varying sizes and power. The smallest element measures 6 inches, while the largest is 11 inches wide, wielding a massive power of 3700W for rapid cooking.
The 36-inch stainless steel electric induction cooktop is available in black with stainless steel trim, or pure black. You can choose what looks better for you. Cleaning this unit is effortless since it has a sleek digital display with no knobs to stand in the way.
One interesting feature in this unit is its sensor, which will detect both the presence of a pan or pot, and the size of the same, to use only the required area of the cooktop. This means the rest of the surface remains unutilized, saving you energy in the process.
- SyncBurners this function lets you operate two 7-inch elements simultaneously when you place larger cookware or griddle on top of them.
- Standard Safety Shut-Off a function that lets the PHP9036SJSS burner switch off within 25 seconds if there is no cookware detected on top.
- Indicator Lights show when the surface is hot with the heating elements being active.
- Digital Touch Controls for accurately controlling the heating without knobs.
Pros: Energy efficient and safe given its safety shut off.
Cons: Limited factory one-year factory warranty that means you're covered for little time unless you buy the extended warranty.
This 36-inch induction cooktop from Gallery Series by Frigidaire has all the bells and whistles you would expect from its pricier cousins. It has 5 elements that can go up to 3,800 watts for rapid cooking. It also boasts an auto-sizing pan detection function that will perceive the size of your pan and put just the amount of heat it needs, leaving the remainder of the cooktop cool to the touch to avoid accidental burns.
- ADA compliant so anyone can use it regardless of their levels of mobility.
- Auto Sizing Pan Detection detects the size of pan automatically and sends only the corresponding amount of heat.
- True Temp Melt & Hold delivers low, precise heat for melting delicate ingredients or sauces without burning or scorching them.
- Even Heat delivers exceptionally even heat across the surface of the pan.
- Safe Surface function that means the induction heats only pans and the food in them, keeping the area around the pans cool to the touch.
Pros: Big enough to accommodate multiple pots on at once, very fast at cooking, fairly low priced and cost-effective.
Cons: Some customers complain of scratches within a few months of use.
This Jenn-Air model is one of the induction cooktops on the pricier side. At about $2,299.00, the cooktop is fairly costlier than most 36 inch electric induction cooktops with 5 elements on ceramic glass surface.
However, with touch-activated control, pan presence sensor, hot surface indicator, keep warm function, slimmer and melt function, 5 element timers, and a one-touch off feature; the cooktop is feature loaded enough to justify the price. Not to mention that the induction technology means it will convert the cookware into the heat source, and outperform any traditional cooker.
The sensor boil function on the JIC4536XS means that it intuitively selects the optimal power level to bring the water or contents of your cookware to a boil. Once boiling begins, the sensor beeps and then adjusts the power level to reduce any chances of boiling over.
The powerful high output center ring (element in the middle) is a great addition. It comes handy when you want quicker boiling. Along with this feature are four induction elements, in varying sizes to match various cookware and get optimal results directly transmitting heat into the pan while keeping the rest of the surface cool.
- Five Element Timers separate timers for each element.
- Performance Boost allows for raising of the cooking temperature above the highest setting for up to 10 minutes.
- Pan Detection intelligently designed to sense your cookware before enabling an element.
- Touch-Activated Controls with Power Slider controls activated by the simple movement of a finger sliding across the sensitized surface.
Pros: Free 3-year warranty. Energy efficient.