The range is the workhorse of the kitchen, and when it’s graced with exquisite styling, it can become the instant focal point of your kitchen design. At 36 inches wide, all of these restaurant-quality ranges will make a commanding style statement, offer generous cooking surfaces for catering and entertaining and come equipped with exciting features to delight the home gourmet. And gas power means greater control and a more responsive cooking experience. Here’s a comparison of five high-end ranges from some of the world’s top luxury appliance brands.
What brands are some of the best high-end 36” gas stoves from?
Here are some of the best high-end 36” gas stoves that can be the heart and hearth of your home.
Stand Out From the Pack with Wolf
Wolf is a standard bearer in the world of professional-grade residential ranges. With its iconic red knobs, many select Wolf purely for its signature styling — but you’ll get a lot more than a statement piece when you choose Wolf. A go-to brand for professionals, the Wolf range is also a perennial favorite high-end oven for at-home chefs because of its combination of superior performance, durability and advanced cooking features. Even amongst the most expensive ovens, Wolf stands out from the pack.
- Six dual-stacked, sealed burners housed in porcelain-coated pans.
- Spacious convection oven for faster, more even cooking.
- High power infrared broiler.
- Spark ignition system — auto reignites for temperature control and added safety.
- Select iconic red, black or brushed stainless control knobs.
Viking: A High-Performance Pioneer
When Viking introduced the first professional-grade stoves to the consumer market in 1987, it forever changed the high-end kitchen appliance landscape. With features, performance and design options previously unavailable, demand for these restaurant-quality ranges surged, leading to some reliability issues. Over the past few years, however, manufacturing quality has significantly improved, making Viking a trusted high-end appliance brand.
- Gourmet-Glo™ infrared broiler locks in flavor and juices.
- 5.1 cu/ft. oven with ProFlow™ Convection Baffle for even heat circulation.
- VSH™ Pro sealed burner technology with up to 18,500 BTUs.
- SureSpark™ ignition system automatically ignites and reignites if burners extinguish.
- VariSimmer™ technology for even cooking at low temperatures.
German Engineering Makes Miele “Forever Better”
Miele is world renowned for extraordinary craftsmanship, durability and sustainability — remaining an independent, family-owned company since its inception in 1899. German engineering and exceptional quality have been the core of this high-end appliance manufacturer for more than 120 years, since they inscribed their guiding principle, immer besser (forever better) on their very first machines. They even test their ovens to 20 years’ equivalent use to help ensure Miele will be “a decision of a lifetime.”
- DirectSelect turn dial operation with detailed user interface and brilliant display.
- 6 sealed burners with 8000-19,500 BTUs of power.
- TwinPower convection for lightning fast heat and even temperature distribution.
- Safety features including automatic shut-off and single-touch locking.
- Residual heat finishes off the cooking process, saving energy and money.
Ilve: The Heart of the Kitchen
An Italian passion for meticulous culinary craftsmanship and exquisite design is the inspiration behind every Ilve range. Dedicated to manufacturing the finest high-end stoves since Eugenio Illoti and Evelino Berno produced their first commercial cooker in 1952, Ilve boasts a rich heritage of superior performance, striking European styling and energy efficiency for the discerning home chef.
- 6 sealed, nonstick brass burners provide up to 20,000 BTUs of cooking power.
- Full-width dish-warming drawer uses residual cooking heat to keep meals table ready.
- Intuitive 4.3" TFT touch screen to easily set temperature, timer and cooking times.
- Fast pre-heat lets you get cooking — while maintaining a European A+ energy rating.
- 8 standard finishes, 200+ RAL custom colors, 4 trim options and 4 leg profiles to complement any décor.
Inspiration Through Innovation by Thermador
With a reputation for innovation, Thermador has racked up an impressive number of firsts: the first wall oven and cooktop, first residential stainless steel finish, first warming drawer, first self-cleaning oven and first smooth cooktop. Today, Thermador continues to lead where others follow, setting new standards for luxury kitchen appliances. For more than a century, Thermador has ensured its legacy when it comes to style as well as substance — their high-performance, distinctive star-shaped burners make Thermador instantly recognizable and highly sought after.
- Contemporary styling, with color TFT interface to control cooking functions.
- Patented Pedestal Star® burners for superior performance and heat distribution.
- Exclusive ExtraLow® burners let you simmer without scorching.
- Convection Bake provides precise multilevel baking results.
- Home Connect enabled for remote control, notification and diagnostics.
Are high-end ranges worth the money?
Ultimately, it depends on the lifestyle of consumers and their range of cooking needs. High-end ovens offer a host of advanced technological features that make day-to-day cooking a breeze, so you will surely get your money’s worth. If you have a long commute home from work, some ovens can preheat remotely using a smartphone app. Working on a dish with specific cooking requirements? Most high-end ovens are programmed with multiple cooking modes for specific food items such as pizza. On top of these features, high-end ovens come standard with a luxury brand’s unique, elegant design, lending an air of opulence to your home kitchen.
Do high-end ranges increase a home’s value?
This depends on a variety of factors that require consideration to accurately answer. If your home is in a high-end neighborhood, potential buyers may very well expect your home’s interior will reflect its luxurious outside appearance. Additionally, a consistent aesthetic is a primary contributor to a kitchen’s appeal, so pairing your stove with appliances of the same brand and/or style can certainly increase its value. Consider that if your home resides in an average neighborhood, the appeal may be lost on prospective homeowners and your property’s value may not significantly increase.