A dishwasher is an invaluable addition to any busy kitchen. Unfortunately, considerations such as noise and budget can often be major concerns when shopping for a dishwasher. Not to mention that those who live in smaller spaces such as compact apartments have yet another consideration to worry about: space! All in all, when space is at premium in your kitchen, a decently small sized dishwasher can be a lifesaver. And the 18 inch dishwasher is frequently the go-to option for such cases.
How do you find the 18-inch dishwasher that is not only going to save you the much-needed space but also get the job done in the best way possible Here are Appliance Connection's top six 18-inch dishwashers for you to consider.
Price: Around $849.10
The SPE68U55UC is an 18 inch dishwasher from the Bosch 800 series, with its slim profile making it perfect for apartments or tiny houses where kitchen space is limited.
Despite the compact exterior, the dishwasher boasts a spacious interior that handles up to 10 place settings. It has 6 wash cycles, a Quick Wash feature, and Water Softener.
The machine is Energy Star certified, which means each cycle is extremely efficient, minimizing the consumption of energy and water so that you can save on both costs over the long run. It is also ADA compliant, which means that anyone in your household can use it irrespective of their mobility levels.
- Bosch's proprietary RackMatic system this lets you adjust the height of the upper rack to offer multiple levels and accommodate items of varying sizes.
- Standard third rack in sleek stainless steel this one creates more room for washing.
- Water softener removes hard water spots resulting from lime deposits and softens water for superior washing results.
- Red InfoLight projects on the floor to let you know if the dishwasher is running a cycle.
Pros: Super quiet, operating at a noise level of just 44 decibels.
Cons: Fairly expensive for an average buyer.
Price: Approximately $893.10
This 18 inch built-in dishwasher by Electrolux combines all the fine features of a standard large-size dishwasher with its space-economic design. It boasts a sleek IQ-Touch panel styling with a fully integrated control panel; the hidden top controls effectively adding a desirable premium feel and look to the unit.
With up to nine wash cycles and five wash options that include Heavy, Auto Wash, Normal, Quick, Eco Wash, Delicate, Stemware, and Rinse Only; the unit has enough wash cycle options to suit your exacting load preferences.
Because it is Energy Star rated, this Electrolux dishwasher uses up to 41 percent less energy, helping you save on your energy bills while remaining ecologically friendly in your dishwashing.
- 4 ADA Compliant so persons with disabilities can use it with ease.
- Luxury-Glide Racks the upper and lower racks are designed to extend smoothly.
- Luxury-Hold Door the door stays put at whichever angle you place it.
Pros: Very quiet, offers superior washing results, fits a large number of dishes despite small compact size.
Cons: Fairly expensive for a low-budget buyer.
Price: Approximately $749.00
The PDW1860KSS is a built in dishwasher that packs 7 Wash Cycles including Air Dry Cycle and Glasses Cycle so you can be sure to choose the best wash cycle for each load. The latter (glasses cycle) is particularly a great addition in this unit because it means the dishwasher will focus on gentle cleaning and reduced water pressure to protect your delicate glassware when in this wash cycle.
- Fully integrated light-touch electronic controls these are designed in a way to allow the dishwasher a smooth appearance, with a control pad that requires the slightest touch.
- Bright annealed stainless steel interior stands up to stains and really looks great.
- Durable racks designed to resist rust and secure dishes over the long haul.
- ADA Compliant accessible to anyone in the family and easy to open.
Pros: Fairly low priced, washes lightly soiled dishes without a heated dry thanks to its Air-Dry Cycle.
Cons: Loud; operating at 60 dBA noise level.
Price: Approximately $759.10
This 18 inch built-in dishwasher belongs to Bosch's 300 series. It has the company's proprietary AquaStop leak protection that uses precisely engineered tub and sensor system to detect any water leak and immediately shut down operation, pumping out the water before it can come into contact with the floor. This can go a long way in preventing mold damage and protecting your kitchen floor.
Despite occupying a little space, this unit offers up to 9 place settings and 4 wash cycles plus 4 wash options. This ensures that you'll use the best wash cycle for every load.
- Water softener softens water and removes hard water spots caused by lime deposits.
- Variable Spray Pressure raises and lowers spray pressure depending on the cycle for enhanced cleaning performance.
- 24 Hour Delay Start Timer means that set the dishwasher start time to delay for up to 24 hours without requiring additional input.
- RackMatic System adjusts the top rack to different heights allowing up to 9 rack positions for loading flexibility.
Pros: Very quiet operation at 46 dBA noise level, has flexible silverware basket.
Cons: Installation may require an expert, at a cost.
Price: Approximately $1,050.00
The GE Monogram ZBD1850NII dishwasher packs five different levels in its wash system to provide effective, yet very quiet cleaning power.
The unit boasts pearlescent gray racks with ball-tipped tines offering loading flexibility and plenty of room for cleaning your dishes and cookware. Its stem safe shelf is expertly designed to allow for effortless loading of delicate stemware and odd-shaped items into the dishwasher.
You'll also find the hidden, integrated electronic controls to be a fun way to activate each wash cycle, or navigate from one cycle to the next from heavy wash to normal wash, light wash to china and rinse only.
- Custom panel model allows for personalization with customer-supplied cabinet-compatible panel and custom handle.
- Hidden, integrated electronic controls allow for easy activation of wash cycles.
- Five-level wash system provides effective, yet quiet cleaning power.
- Fully Integrated Electronic Top Controls offer easy operation
Pros: Sleek appearance and great performance, offers value for money with its efficiency.
Cons: Pricey, fairly loud at 60 dBA noise level.