Side by side refrigerators are great for offering easy access to the fridge and freezer sections. More importantly, they usually have proportionally more freezer space than their peers, hence best for storing an equal amount of fresh and frozen goods. Here are a few top selections to consider in 2019.
The FFSS2615TS has the PureSource 3 ice & water filtration system that removes up to 99 percent of microbiological agents that could contaminate the water from your dispenser. This Frigidaire exclusive filter also eliminates odors from water for up to six months without requiring replacement.
- Adjustable Interior Storage allow for more than 100 ways to customize and organize the refrigerator and store food items of various sizes.
- Store-More Gallon Door Bins roomy door shelf is designed to allow for storage of larger items like gallons of milk.
- Ready-Select LCD Controls these allow for easy selection of options that you need.
- Deli Drawer designed to keep your cheeses and sandwich meats organized in a convenient place.
Pros: This refrigerator features a filter change alert which means that you won't have to worry about checking whether the filter is no longer working to be replaced.
Cons: This unit does not include an extended warranty.
If you want a refrigerator that is going to minimize work triangle congestion in your kitchen then this Showcase Series piece is for you. Being a counter depth refrigerator, this unit will sit flush with the rest of your cabinetry, so it won't protrude into the all-so-important traffic area in your kitchen space.
- Food ShowCase provides easy access to on-the-go items like drinks and condiments (exterior showcase), and lets you store large, fresh food items (InnerCase).
- Metal Cooling helps lock in cold and seal in freshness, thanks to the stainless steel paneling.
- Automatic In-Door Ice Maker this one helps save freezer space and offers convenient access to ice inside the door.
- Adjustable Shelf allows for fitting in taller items with ease.
- Door Alarm indicates when the refrigerator door has remained open for more than two minutes.
Pros: Samsung metal cooling technology here allows for even cooling and precise temperature maintenance. There are unique metal cooling plates inside the refrigerator helps keep temperatures from fluctuating when the door is opened to take food out.
Cons: It does not accept custom panels.
Here is a refrigerator that cares for your pizza. It has a pizza pocket designated for storing frozen pizzas upright so you don't have to try fitting them on flat freezer shelves. Amazingly, this shelf is adjustable so when the last ounce of your frozen pizza is gone, you can still fold it down to use the space to meet your flexible storage needs.
- Infinity Slide Shelf slides back and stops at any point, allowing you to fit in your food as desired.
- Can Caddy holds cans or bottles within the refrigerator allowing you to free up shelf space and get added flexibility.
- Frameless Glass Shelves extend from wall to wall, letting you store more items on each shelf with greater storage flexibility.
- In-Door-Ice Storage offers two extra shelves in the freezer as the ice bin has been moved to the door.
- Adjustable Gallon Door Bins ensure increased loading flexibility.
Pros: The hidden hinges on this refrigerator are one really notable inclusion. It is amazing how they offer a seamless look by staying out of sight.
Cons: The unit has no Energy Star rating, which means it might be less energy efficient compared its Energy Star rated peers.
For those who need a spacious refrigerator, this 64 inch side-by-side Column unit is an intuitive pick. It features the 32 inch EI32AR80QS built-in refrigerator and 32 inch EI32AF80QS built-in freezer; offering plenty of room for versatile food storage.
- Sure-2-Fit Capacity versatile storage system that is adjustable to accommodate all your food items that need to be stored.
- IQ-Touch Controls displays all of your options at all times on the control panel.
- Pure Advantage Filtration System keeps clean, filtered air in circulation within the refrigerator at all times to prevent odor transfer.
- Luxury-Glide Drawers have adjustable dividers and two mini baskets to keep your foods and condiments perfectly organized and easily accessible.
- Soft Freeze Bin offers an ideal storage for things like ice cream and other to-keep-frozen-but- soft food items.
Pros: There is a luxury-design lighting system on this refrigerator that gives it an upscale touch, ready to enhance the look in your kitchen.
Cons: This unit does not allow for flush installation.
Because this refrigerator has a fingerprint resistant stainless steel finish, you won't have to worry about the hassle of frequent cleaning. It remains good looking on the outside while it delivers unmatched performance on the inside.
- BrightSeries LED Lighting uses less energy to cast a beautiful bright, white light illuminating your unit.
- EveryDrop Water Filter offers the best level of filtration for hard, soft, warm and cold water.
- Humidity-Controlled FreshLock Crispers these help keep your foods fresh with just the right level of humidity.
- Stainless Steel Handles ensure durability and are sure to last in any kitchen.
Pros: The unit is ADA compliant so it will be favorable for disabled users.
Cons: Since there is no door lock, your toddler(s) might just gain unauthorized access to the ice cream, or spill drinks all over the fridge.
This 36 inch freestanding unit features the latest innovation from LG the InstaView Door-in-Door feature that allows you to easily access your favorite beverages and snacks without affecting the internal temperature. Even better, this feature comes with additional shelf space that allows you yet another way to keep the refrigerator organized.
- Smart Cooling System helps maintain ideal temperature conditions within the refrigerator.
- ColdSaver Panel allows for access without opening the entire refrigerator, hence reducing cold air loss by up to 47 percent.
- Multi-Air Flow Technology designed to maintain superior humidity and temperature levels to help keep your food fresher, longer.
- SpacePlus Ice System moves the ice maker into the refrigerator door hence freeing up valuable top-shelf space.
Pros: With this refrigerator, you get all the amazing features of a truly modern kitchen appliance. You'll particularly love the quiet operation, thanks to the LoDecibel feature. And there is the Automatic Defrost to keep the freezer from overheating.
Cons: The refrigerator does not accept custom panels.
If you want a refrigerator that will save you money through energy efficiency while remaining kind to the environment then this 5 Series 42 inch unit from Viking is your best pick. The unit is ENERGY STAR Qualified, meaning it saves energy hence saves you a few bucks, and remains ecologically friendly in its operations.
- ProChill Temperature Management System ensures precise temperature management.
- Plasmacluster Ion Air Purifier ensures filter-free food preservation and freshness by using ions to eliminate airborne bacteria, mold spores and odors.
- New Spillproof Plus Shelves powered by Nano technology to create an invisible barrier that contains spills and maximizes usable space.
- Metal Door Bins designed for durable performance to provide the best value for your money.
- Adjustable Humidity Zone Drawers have a soft-close feature and allow you to adjust the moisture content to keep your vegetables and fruits perfectly fresh.
Pros: This is a counter depth refrigerator, so it will not protrude into your kitchen space and spoil the seamless design.
Cons: This unit is expensive.