- How to buy a Toilet
- American Flag Cake
- Dishwasher Graphic Guide!
- I Furnished My Laundry Room?Now What?
- The 7 Best Kitchen Appliances to Give as Wedding Gifts
- The Best Home Appliances for Apartment Living
- How to Find the Best Deals Online?
- Do You Repair or Replace Your Appliances?
- Ask Yourself These Five Questions Before Buying an Appliance
- Should You Buy A Washer-Dryer Combo?
- To Steam, or Not to Steam?
- The Benefits of Buying Kitchen Appliance Packages
- Freezer or Refrigerator -- You Choose!
- What Happens Inside a Dishwasher
- Why Is My Glassware Cloudy?
- What?s Most Important in a Kitchen?s Design
- Best Apartment Size Appliances Every Household Should Have
- What Do Dishwasher Noise Levels Even Mean?
- How to Host a Barbecue in the Comfort of Your Kitchen
- How to Choose the Right Grill for Your Outdoor Kitchen
- Stainless Steel and Fighting the Fingerprints
- What to Know When Buying Your Appliances Online
- Appliances Connection Announces Mobile Site
- How to Care for Cast Iron Appliances
- Kitchen Remodel Tips
- Black Friday Deals at Appliances Connection
- Life is Good for LG Washers
- Do Smart Appliances Really Help Make Things Simpler? My Experience
- What Makes Smart Appliances, 'smart'?
- Appliance Connection?s Designer Spotlight : Klein Kitchen and Bath
- 5 Tips for Choosing Your First Smart Appliance
- Transform Your Kitchen into a Work of Art with GE Artistry
- The Bosch Washer Promise
- The Samsung French-Door Revolution
- Home of the Future: Smarter and More Energy Efficient
- Whirlpool Dishwasher with AccuSense
- 5 Benefits of Owning a Curved TV
- Energy Star Certified Commercial Foodservice Equipment
- To Clean or Not to Clean
- Are You Washing Laundry the Right Way?
- Introducing the GE Cafe French-door Wall Oven
- Refrigerator Buying Tips
- Should You Purchase an Extended Warranty?
- Swash Fits Your Lifestyle and Your Space
- Do You Need a Smart Home or a Thoughtful Home?
- Frigidaire FGVU17F8QF: Is it a Refrigerator or a Freezer?
- Samsung Brings Their A Game ? Top Chef Collection
- 5 Father's Day Gifts Dad is Sure to Love
- Holy Smokes! It?s an Invisible TV!
- Welcome to the Diamond Life - LG Diamond Collection
- GE Caf? for the Serious Home Cook
- Ultimate Washer Buying Guide
- Electrolux IQ Touch EI30GF45QS
- Range Buying Guide
- Cooking Safely with Gas
- How to Extend the Life of Your Refrigerator
- 3 Ways to Clean Your Stainless Steel Appliances
- Is 2015 Year of the Black Stainless Steel Appliances?
- Food Handling 101
- Food Safety at the Grill
- Holiday Food Storage Safety
- How to eat safe while travelling!
- Memorial Day 2016 - LG Twinwash Sale
- AGA at AC: Labor Day Deals & Steals!
- Fall Recipes You Have to Try!
- Healthy Summer Recipes Using Your Smeg Appliances
- 4 Luxurious Kitchens In New York?s Most Expensive Homes
- 3 Beautiful Kitchen Ideas For Brooklyn Brownstones
- Home Theater and Audio Buying Guide
- Inside the Homes and Kitchens Of World Cup?s Top Soccer Stars
- The Savings Continue at Appliances Connection's 2018 Cyber Monday Sale
- An Evening of Cheerful Banter, Sumptuous Food, and New Appliance Features at a Fisher & Paykel Cooking Demonstration
- Five Distinctive Living Room Sets from Coaster
- Celebrate National Bagel Day with Bacon, Scallion, and Cream Cheese Filled Everything Bagel Bombs
- Robot Vacuum Buying Guide
- Appliances Connection Takes a Day Trip Touring the Good Housekeeping Institute and Miele Showroom Part 1
- Sarah Boone: Mother of the Modern Ironing Board
- Expert Opinion: Most Popular High-End Kitchen Packages
- Curved TV Buying Guide
- Looking For High Paying Affiliate Programs? Choose High-End Appliances
5 Tips for Choosing Your First Smart Appliance
By April Khan, Appliances Connection
Nowadays, it?s almost impossible to go to an electronics or home goods store without seeing the word ?Smart? or ?Connected? plastered all over the place. But before you get annoyed, we should let you know that there?s pretty good reasoning behind this.
Smart Appliances assist you. They help you to get things done quicker -- but not only this -- they also help you do things more efficiently. If you?re cooking a turkey and you?re not sure how long to cook it or on what temperature, a range with smart capabilities can set it for you. If you want to wash your clothes at home, but you?re tired of spending an arm and a leg on hot water, a washer with Smart capabilities can auto start your washer when energy costs are low.
You see, most people go for flashy appliances because, well, they?re flashy, but wouldn?t it be better to have a flashy appliance with smart features? If you?re nodding in agreement then welcome to the Smart Club. Read the information below to help you choose your first smart product.
Tip 1- Research Smart Appliance Manufacturers
Smart appliances are meant to be innovative, so for this reason, each manufacturer has their own unique smart feature. For example, LG has Smart ThinQ and Whirlpool has 6th Sense Technology. These features serve consumers in different ways, but they are ultimately designed to make tasks easier. Since the list of smart appliance manufacturers will likely grow, we cannot list them all here, but if you?re in the market for a major brand, check out LG, Samsung, GE and Whirlpool. For additional brands, browse Appliances Connection.
Tip 2 - Measure Your Space
Remember the first IBM computer? Sheez, that was a huge box of parts, luckily, things are a little more condensed now to enhance our on the go lifestyles.
Smart appliances are packed with features, but they?re not bulky. Part of the smart appliance appeal is the fact that they?re small enough to replace old appliances, but smart enough to replace more than that.
However, before going out and buying a smart appliance, you should measure your space. Don?t eyeball it -- guesstimates are extremely deceiving. If you already have an appliance, and you?re simply replacing it, measure it and use this measurement as a guide for the next one. If your current one is old and bulky, the new smart appliance may be a lot smaller -- so start planning what you?re going to do with all of that extra space!
Tip 3 - Crunch Numbers
How much are you currently paying to run your large appliances? If your appliance was manufactured quite recently, take a look at the Energy Guide sticker on the back. The Energy Guide lets you know how much energy you?re using each year to run the appliance, and what that energy equates to in dollars. Shop around for a smart appliance that provides all the features you need and is Energy Star approved.
Tip 4 - Find a Compatible Model
Smart appliances require connectivity to a WiFi-enabled smart device; however, some smart devices are not compatible. It?s best to check the connectivity and compatibility requirements before making your choice. You can find this information by searching the manufacturers website or by calling Appliances Connection?s customer service.
Tip 5 - Think Benefit Over Price
Smart appliances are often more expensive than regular appliances. I know you might think that you?re paying for the word ?smart?, but what you?re actually paying for is ease of use. Smart appliances practically run themselves. So, think of them as your own personal assistants. The benefits of owning them?far?outweighs the price tag attached to them.
And there you have it.Appliances Connection is one of the biggest home appliance suppliers in the United States. Shop our Smart Appliances section to find everything connected.