Table of Contents
Front-loading machines mostly have a good name, and justly so. These beauties have no agitators. So, in addition to being kinder to your fabrics, they also have more space for your laundry in the drum. This means you can feed in more clothes per load and save energy by washing with fewer cycles. Here is our list of the 5 most reliable front load washers.
Maytag front load washers are popular for their reliability, and this 27 inch unit from the brand’s Heritage Series isn’t any exception. It came top in terms of reliability, and will guarantee few service calls on your part if you settle for it.
Thankfully, it is also one of the largest with a generous 4.5 cubic feet in loading capacity, so you can be sure to do your laundry in just one go.
- Advanced Vibration Control – means that the machine can operate quietly without causing much noise pollution around the house.
- Sanitize Cycle – this delivers extra hot water temperature that removes 99.9 percent of household bacteria.
- PowerWash System – offers the best cleaning results thanks to an internal heater and a system designed for extra cleaning action.
- Fresh Hold Option – lets you keep clean clothes smelling fresh in the washer with its internal fan and intermittent tumbling circulating air through clothes for up to 12 hours starting from the end of the wash cycle.
- Steam for Stains Option – delivers tremendous power to remove the most stubborn stains with added soak time, optimal water temperature and steam boost.
Pros: The washer has the unique optimal dose dispenser that adds just the right amount of detergent when it is needed, helping you avoid wastage of the same. Even better, it can hold enough detergent for up to 12 loads of laundry so you don’t have to worry about adding more after each cycle.
Cons: The parts and labor warranty is limited only to 1 year.
If you are looking for a really powerful front load washer then this 24 Inch compact unit from Samsung is for you. It cranks out a whole 1400 RPM of pure washing power, with up to 14 wash cycles for you to choose from.
You’ll also love that it features Samsung’s patented VRT technology, which means it operates very quietly.
- Q-rator – intuitive technology that auto-configures the right cycle for you once you choose clothing and fabric type. This guarantees optimal performance, load after load.
- PowerFoam – this uses an innovative mixture of water, air and detergent to penetrate deep into the heart of fabric, optimizing detergent performance and ensuring the best cleaning results.
- Super Speed – allows you to quickly wash a full load in as little as 40 minutes.
- VRT Technology – designed to reduce noise to an incredibly low level with each cycle.
- New Swirl Drum Interior – carefully engineered to extend clothing life by treating fabrics gently.
Pros: The self-clean feature is a great addition to this washer. It helps keep the washer tub fresh by removing dirt and eliminating bacteria without the need for harsh chemicals.
Cons: The unit has a small capacity or only 2.2 cubic feet.
Here is the other one of the largest units in this collection, with a capacity of 4.5 cubic feet to reduce the number of cycles you must run to get your entire pile of laundry clean.
The NeveRust stainless steel drum in this unit offers the maximum possible resistance to rust and corrosion, so you can rest assured that your washer will remain as good as new for very many years.
- Specialty Cycles – have new settings designed to deliver thorough clean and proper fabric care for each load.
- SmartThinQ Feature – pairs with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa for remote and hands-free operation.
- ColdWash – optimized to use cold water and washing motions to penetrate deep into fabrics and offer cold water savings with the performance of warm water.
- Lo Decibel Operation – exclusive to LG, the technology ensures a very quiet operation at just 44dB noise level.
- Inverter DirectDrive – features a special motor backed by a 10-year limited warranty that uses fewer moving parts to guarantee efficiency in operation and reliable performance.
Pros: This front load washer provides you with new, innovative ways of controlling it alongside the rest of your smart appliances – thanks to the LG SmartThinQ and WiFi Connect technology. The washer works with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa so you can luxuriously control it using your voice commands without even moving physically.
Cons: There is no built in dispenser, so you have to physically open the main lid of the washer and add softener when the chime tells you to do so.
Of the front load washers we reviewed in this guide, this 24 inch compact unit from Bosch’s 800 Series registered the most energy efficiency. While the compact size definitely had a part to play in this, the important thing is how this affects your overheads. It means you can save money on your energy bills in the long run.
The unit boasts up to 15 wash cycles, so you can wash each load with the very best settings for superior results.
- SpeedPerfect – lets you wash a full load in well under an hour by providing up to 40 percent faster washing.
- EcoSilence Motor – engineered to deliver quiet and highly efficient, long lasting performance.
- AquaStop Plus – provides extra protection against water damage.
- Wave-Shaped Drum – ensures that the wash is powerful but gentle.
- Rigid Anti-Vibration Side Walls – have been expertly designed to reduce noise.
Pros: This front load washing machine is Energy Star Qualified, and is leading the pack in terms of energy efficiency.
Cons: Expensive for its small capacity.
Luxury Electrolux washers are celebrated for having a dedicated dispenser for detergent pods. When it comes to performance, the EFLS627UTT has shown exceptional reliability, registering the best stain removal score of all front load units in its range.
It is also backed by a 10-Year motor & lifetime tub warranty which is just the best warranty you could ever wish for on a washing machine.
- IQ-Touch Controls – displays all of the options on the LCD so you can have a quick peek at all times.
- SmartBoost Technology – this premixes water with detergent and fabric softener before it touches your clothes. The product is an evenly distributed mixture of the detergent and fabric softener for superior results.
- Energy Star Qualified – the rating means that this washer saves you money by operating at maximum energy efficiency, which also translates to being friendly to the environment.
- LuxCare Wash System – offers a thorough clean by combining improved wash actions, temperature control, and smart load sensing.
- Sanitize Option – this is certified to kill up to 99 percent of bacteria and remove 95 percent of allergens.
Pros: This front-load washing machine has a 15-Minute Fast Wash option, which lets you finish doing laundry that fast so you may focus on other important things.
Cons: The unit has no compatible app or voice control smarts, so it might be less appealing to those looking for such inclusions.