Every year, household appliance manufactures release new dishwasher models with more and more features. But high-tech features don’t mean anything unless you have a reliable dishwasher in the first place.
Because before you can even utilize some fancy function or customized cleaning cycle, you want to be certain that you can depend on your dishwasher to accomplish its primary function and get your dishes clean. With that in mind, the only question remaining is “which brand of dishwasher is the most reliable?” Because a dependable dishwasher is all that stands between you and a scrub brush, standing in front of a sink full of dirty dishwater.
Appliances Connection has looked over our massive inventory and found a selection of high-quality dishwashers in a range of affordability that qualify as most reliable units for you to purchase in 2020.
Bosch appliances are appreciated for their quiet operation, and this 800 Series pocket handle dishwasher is no exception. With a 42 dBA noise level, this unit is one the quietest dishwashers you will find on the market.
It boasts 6 wash cycles with up to 16 place settings, which is the largest capacity dishwasher available in a standard space. This means you'll be hard pressed to find a pot or pan that won't fit inside the cavernous interior.
- The flexible 3rd rack features expandable wings that easily lower to accommodate your deeper items while adjustable times let you customize the rack’s loading space to fit awkward bulky items.
- With PrecisionWash, intelligent sensors check the progress of dishes throughout the cycle, and powerful precision spray arms go to work targeting every item of every load.
- InfoLight projects a red light onto the floor during the wash cycle so you know when your dishwasher is running, and it turns off when dishes are ready.
- CrystalDry technology transforms moisture into heat to get dishes, including plastics, 60% drier.
- AquaStop Leak Protection helps keep your kitchen floor from water damage by working 24/7.
Pros: Extremely quiet, with only 42 dBA noise level.
Cons: This model is a bit more expensive.
This built-in dishwasher by Samsung offers 6 wash cycles and a quite impressive 15 place settings. Whether it’s the pans and pots from everyday cooking or all the dishes and cookware from a big family dinner, you should be able to get everything inside of the unit in one go. This means less cycles and more energy and water savings.
The 3rd rack in this dishwasher offers a much-needed dedicated space for utensils and cutlery, adding an additional 30 percent of usable space to your already roomy dishwasher.
- StormWash a heavy-duty wash system that eliminates the need for pre-rinsing, helping you save on the water and energy.
- AutoRelease Door means the door will open automatically to dry dishes faster, cycle after cycle.
- The Express60 option is ideal for smaller loads of lightly soiled items that don’t need really intensive cleaning.
- Quiet Operation the dishwasher runs at quiet and comfortable 44 dBA noise level which is quite quiet and comfortable.
- An easily adjustable upper rack maximizes space when you are washing tall items.
Pros: The fingerprint resistant exterior reduces smudges for an everyday great appearance.
Cons: The parts and labor warranty is limited to 1 year.
In addition to having a roomy capacity of 15 place settings, this 24 inch dishwasher from LG boasts 9 wash cycles, so you can be sure to choose the best setting for each load.
With its QuadWash feature, you can be certain of achieving maximum cleaning coverage throughout the entire cycle. While other dishwashers have only two spray arms, this one has four instead, generating tremendous cleaning power.
- LoDecibel Performance the dishwasher runs quietly despite the powerful cleaning potential, keeping your home quiet and peaceful in the course of its operation.
- EasyRack Plus System offers outstanding flexibility and convenience by adjusting practically any load of dishes so you may realize optimal cleaning performance.
- Quick Wash Option lets you get your dishes clean in just a matter of minutes.
- Soil Sensor means that your dishwasher will automatically adjust the water and heat level to the level of soiling on your dishes.
Pros: This is an Energy Star rated dishwasher, so it saves you money and ensures that you remain kind to the environment as well.
Cons: Since this is a smart dishwasher, it may require a bit of learning to know how to operate it with your smartphone.
This Energy Star certified appliance from Frigidaire's Gallery Series is only dishwasher in this collection that the meets the strict standards for public health protection by the NSF.
This dishwasher has 8 cycle options such as Upper Rack, Rinse Only, Heavy Wash, and China crystal, all easily programmed with the Express-Select controls. The SpaceWise organization system features adjustable racks and the industry’s largest silverware basket with room for an incredible 180 items. And an ingenious Stay-Put door stays put at whatever angle you open it.
- OrbitClean Wash System delivers up to 4 times more water coverage to clean stubborn baked on food stains in just one cycle.
- SaharaDry technology ensures that dishes come out straight to cabinet dry, so there's no need to towel-dry the dishes before putting them away.
- Quick Wash feature cleans a full load of dishes in a quarter of the time.
- AquaSurge Technology lets you adjust washing pressure based on the load and your needs.
- Tall tub design holds up to 12 place settings.
Pros: DishSense technology automatically adjusts the cycle time based on the amount of cleaning that your dishes require.
Cons: Other dishwashers in this list have lower noise levels, with this model operating at 52 decibels.
If you are looking for a dishwasher that is not going to bother you with much cleaning then this unit is for you. It features a fingerprint resistant stainless steel which makes it a breeze to clean.
Since it has 5 cycles and 6 options, it allows you to choose the best wash function to give the very best dishwashing results. The stainless steel tub is also built to last, giving you the maximum bang for your buck in the long run.
- Sani Rinse Option thoroughly sanitizes your dishes; eliminating up to 99.99 percent of bacteria and food.
- Sensor Cycle an automatic cycle that selects the right wash and dry settings for your load by itself.
- TotalCoverage Spray Arm designed to clean with a smarter sequence of spray patterns from multiple nozzles and twice the jets for more coverage.
- In-Door Silverware Basket this helps free up rack space by fitting on the front of the lower rack with ease, or in the door to create more room for your dishes.
- Cycle Status Indicator shows the cycle time in hours and minutes so you don't have to guess when the dishes will be ready.
Pros: The stainless steel tub in this dishwasher promotes drying by retaining heat from wash and rinse cycles. It also cools much quicker compared to the dishes, so moisture will condense on the interior walls rather than on the dishes.
Cons: There is no quick wash option, so you may have to wait longer for cycles to finish running.
And that concludes our list of the five most reliable dishwashers for 2020. They will all get the job done, but all with their own array of features and options. But what else could they have? More importantly, what else could you use in a dishwasher? Leave a comment or suggestion below.
What should I look for in a 2020 dishwasher?
Just a few of the modern amenities you should look for in a new dishwasher are adjustable racks and tines that let you reconfigure the dishwasher interior, a soil sensor for monitoring your clothing, and wash cycles for your special clothing items.
Are expensive dishwashers worth it?
That depends on what you expect. High-end dishwashers nowadays do a lot more than just clean. Many sanitize your cookware, dishes, and cutlery with near perfect hygienic results. If you want a luxury item with all the amenities, then it’s worth the cost.
Are stainless-steel dishwashers better?
A stainless-steel dish washer tub resists corrosion and is more durable than plastic. Stainless steel can withstand more heat than plastic, and the heavier steel walls absorb noise better, making for a