High-end appliances are usually associated with spacious households that have plenty of room to accommodate a full-size model. But given the recent fascination with homes that are built for maximum efficiency and smaller square footage, that’s not necessarily the truth anymore.
More and more top-tier appliance brands have come to realize that just because there isn't much installation area doesn’t mean the homeowner should go without a quality refrigerator, range oven, cooktop, wall oven, dishwasher, or washer and dryer. And if this situation is familiar to you, then Appliances Connection is here to present some slimline, compact appliances for the home at some equally pared-down prices.
If you’re shopping for a small appliance that delivers big in performance, take a look at these products…
Liebherr has the distinction of being a brand that focuses on refrigeration exclusively, allowing them to concentrate and innovate such products as this 24” Counter Depth Freestanding Refrigerator with 11.9 cu. ft. total capacity. It utilizes a DuoCooling system creates optimal, totally separate conditions in both the refrigerator and freezer to lengthen food shelf life, as well as BioFresh Technology drawers that are kept at just above freezing with individually adjustable humidity for versatile storage of any food.
- SuperCool/SuperFrost –generates cold reserves so that added food can be rapidly chilled or frozen
- GlassLine Shelves – completely adjustable and easy to clean
- FrostSafe Drawers – create a flexible freezer storage space that can easily expand to accommodate larger items
- Ice Maker – produces perfect half-moon crescent ice cubes
- No Frost Freezer – stays free of buildup by circulating air and expelling humidity
- SmartSteel –scratch resistant, reduces the visibility of fingerprints
- Energy Star Certified – the unit operates at peak efficiency for economic savings
- SoftSystem – ensures that the door closes gently
PRICE: $2,999.00 *
This old-style cooler adds a classic touch to any kitchen. But don’t let Smeg's 50s Retro Style Series 24” Counter Depth Freestanding Refrigerator fool you. It’s packed with modern food preservation innovations such as three adjustable glass shelves for maximum storage flexibility. A crisper drawer keeps produce fresh and crunchy, while the door adds even more space with transparent cover bin, bottle storage bin, and two adjustable storage bins. And the Life Plus controlled temperature zone preserves fresh meat and fish longer by keeping temperatures just under or over freezing. If you’re a fan of the retro theme, you can find more fridge options here.
- Multiflow Cooling System – optimal food preservation in both compartments
- Big Capacity, Small Unit – 9 cu. ft. refrigerator capacity and a 3.5 cu. ft. freezer
- LED Interior Lighting – on both sides for total illumination
- Automatic Defrost – keeps everything clear of icy build up with regular defrosting
- Freezer Drawers – three separate compartments for easy organization
- Fruit and Vegetable Drawers – with telescopic guides for smooth opening
- Energy Star Certified – retro looks with modern environmental efficiency
- Signature Style – available in a bright palette of colors and designs
PRICE: $1,295.00 *
The smooth ceramic glass cooking surface of Summit’s 24” Slide-in Electric Range has 7.5" and 6" elements to accommodate a variety of cookware sizes, while the 2.4 cu. ft. oven features a surprising amount of cooking flexibility with racks adjustable to five different positions. And for added safety, the controls are located up front to avoid having to reach across a busy, heated cooktop.
- Smooth Ceramic Glass Top – easy to care for and clean up
- Low Broil Function – perfect for broiling small or medium-sized portions without overcooking
- Bottom Heat Function – allows you to heat only from the bottom of the oven, ideal for pizza and other dishes
- Indicator Lights – alerts you when oven or elements are on
- Slide-Out Storage Drawer – keep cookware close to hand
- Push-to-Turn Knobs –require a small amount of force when turning for safety
- ADA Compliant – for those with disabilities
PRICE: $2,299.00 *
Italian manufacturer Bertazzoni doesn’t spare on their luxury quality with their Professional Series 24” Freestanding All Gas Range. The 2.4 cu. ft. convection oven delivers perfect result whether roasting, broiling, or baking, while a direct-fired ceramic infrared broiler produces intense, searing heat close. Up top, four variable sized sealed burners rest under cast-iron grates, including a quick boiling 19,000 BTU power burner and a simmer burner for delicate creations. This is a deluxe unit in diminutive form.
- Telescopic Glide Shelf – provides smooth, effortless access to oven contents
- Soft Motion Door – designed and carefully balanced for easy opening and smooth closing with one hand
- Coordinated Handle Design – ergonomic and pleasant to use
- Iconic Designer Controls – intuitive to use, the beveled lines provide a highly comfortable tactile experience
- Flame Failure Safety Device – turns off gas automatically the moment the flame has been put out
PRICE: $2,299.00 *
Quality-conscious German brand Miele delivers plenty of power and a plethora of fantastic features with their 24” Electric Induction Cooktop featuring three elements, including two zones that can combine into an 9x15" PowerFlex Zone to accommodate much larger cookware. A Pan Presence Sensor only allows power to reach elements where an appropriately sized pot or pan is resting. And for even more protection the Safety Plus feature lets you reduce the power to all cooking zones to the lowest level simultaneously to prevent burning if you must step away from the cooktop.
- Con@ctivity 2.0 – lets you connect the cooktop with a similarly enabled hood
- Efficient and Safe – with induction there’s no heat loss, and the glass surface stays relatively cool
- Keep Warm Function – controls the temperature in the pan base and prevents food burning.
- Safety Lock – prevents accidental or unwanted power up
- Auto Heat-Up – reduces the initial power boost to prevent burning
- Safety Switch Off – if a zone operates at the same power for an unusually long time, switch-off is automatic
- Sleek Design – Black Ceran glass surface with a stainless-steel frame
- Individual Settings – basic cooktop settings can be adapted to your personal preferences
PRICE: $999.00 *
Based in New Zealand, Fisher & Paykel has slowly but surely gained ground in the US as a luxury brand. But here, their Contemporary Series 24” Natural Gas Cooktop shows their ability to pare down features so as offer their high quality at a quite nice price. It offers four sealed burners with precise control for minute adjustments to the temperature and flame. It also features lit knobs for when burners are in use, a modern flush design and an easy cleaning cooktop surface.
- Innovalve Technology – allows you to adjust the flame with 180 degrees gas valve rotation compared with 70 degrees in most gas cooktops
- Easy Handling – continuous cast iron grates allow for smooth cookware movement
- Safe and Sound – if a burner goes out it automatically reignites at the original setting
- Mini Wok Burner – offers greater BTU power than a standard burner
- Electronic Ignition – a dependable method with no standing pilot light
This 500 Series 24” Electric Single Wall Oven from Bosch delivers all you could want in a compact wall oven with precision German design and engineering. It has Genuine European Convection cooking so you can cook faster and more evenly than a regular oven, and has ten specialized cooking modes. And though it’s a smaller 2.8 cu. ft. capacity, it hides an eight-pass broil plus element that cooks larger food items to perfection, which you can observe through the extra-large viewing window.
- DualClean System – uses the cavity coating and heat to burn off most grease
- Full-Extension Telescopic Rack – provides a smooth glide and better access to the oven cavity
- Full Glass Inner Door – makes cleaning even easier
- Two Halogen Lights – provide superior cavity illumination
- Delay Start – set your oven to cook on your schedule
PRICE: $1,413.00 *
This slimline 24” Gas Single Wall Oven from Frigidaire offers a surprisingly spacious 3.3 cu. ft. oven capacity with two racks with five adjustable positions along with an especially accessible storage drawer below to hold your cookware and accessories. It offers Even Baking Technology that assures perfect breads, cakes, and cookies every time. And the Vari-Broil Temperature Control that lets you choose between two heat levels for precise control and juicy, tender results.
- Ready-Select – choose options and cooking temperature with these easy-to-use controls
- Quick Clean – clean the oven in just two hours
- Digital Clock and Timer – monitor cooking time at a glance with these clearly lit timekeepers
- Control Lock – disables the control panel to prevent accidental use or changes to your settings
- Halogen Lights – bright interior lighting for visual checks on food
- Built with Pride – designed, engineered, and assembled in the U.S.A.
- ADA Compliant – meets the Americans with Disabilities Act accessibility guidelines
After developing home appliances for over 130 years, GE knows how to innovate products that make household chores easier. Their top-tier compact 18” Built-In Pocket Handle Dishwasher from their Profile collection brand that holds eight place settings yet offers everything you’d expect from a larger unit. It has three wash cycles and five specific options supplied by a three-level wash system that utilizes three powerful wash arms. Plus, it has an advanced Autosense Cycle which detects soil level and water temperature, then adjusts for an ideal cycle time.
- Hard Food Disposal – pulverizes food remnants and helps to prevent particles from clogging the wash arms
- Wi-Fi Enabled –for real-time feedback, optimized performance, alerts and more
- Sanitize Option – high-temp rinse sanitizes and reduces bacteria by 99.99%
- Low Noise – operates at a very quiet 47 dBA
- Hot Start Option – optimal water temperature for dependable performance
- Child Lock – prevents any accidental operation
- ADA Compliant – qualified for those with disabilities
- Energy Star Certified – saves you money while helping the environment
PRICE: $1,499.00 *
Miele is well-renowned for their durable, feature-laden, user-friendly designs when it comes to dishwashers, and their Dimension Series 18” Built-In Dishwasher delivers all that in a slim package with six wash cycles including a SaniWash option for intense cleaning. It can handle up to 10 place settings and has Miele’s specialized tray that ensures cutlery that is cleaned completely and dried perfectly. In addition, the unit is protected by Miele’s exclusive Clean Touch Steel Front, which protects the surface from visible fingerprints. Plus, the pricing on such a high-quality machine can’t be beat.
- Perfect GlassCare – ensures that your glasses are washed gently but thoroughly
- AutoSensor Technology – water temperature, consumption and cycle duration are adjusted based on soil level
- Delay Start – program operation 24 hours in advance
- Quiet Cleaning – operates at 46 dBA for unobtrusive operation
- SensorDry – ensures optimum drying results
- Half Load – automatically detects the amount of dishware in the wash cabinet and adjusts the use of water and electricity accordingly
- Child Lock – prevents unwanted access to the dishwasher
- ComfortClose Door – easily opens and closes, or it can remain in the position of your choice
- Hot Water Connection – can be connected to a hot water supply of up to 140°F, reducing power consumption by up to 50%
- Double WaterProof System – automatically shuts off the water supply to the dishwasher in case of malfunction
- Energy Star – saves you money, helps the environment
WASHER AND DRYERS
PRICE: $2,247.00 *
Bosch’s 300 Series Compact White Stacked 24” Laundry Pair is armed with plenty of features. The washer 24” Compact Front Load Washer has a 2.2 cu. ft. capacity along with an impressive 15 wash cycles to handle any textile or clothing item. A SpeedPerfect mode can get a load done up to 40% faster than standard, and specially designed Circular Side Walls reduce vibration and noise for less disruption.
The 24” Smart Electric Dryer has even more you’ll appreciate, with a 4.0 cu. ft. capacity with 15 dry cycles and 4 temperature settings to meet any need. Plus, it’s Wi-Fi enabled so you can receive updates and performance data via the internet. And if it’s a gentle dry you’re looking for, Bosch’s Sensitive Drying System does the job with mild, warm air coming from all sides and gently mixed by the curving soft carriers and a fabric-friendly drum structure.
- 1,400 RPM – rids clothing of moisture with power
- EcoSilence Motor – delivers quiet, efficient, long lasting performance
- 24 Hour Dryer Timer – lets you finish a load on your own schedule
- Stacking Kit – included for easy installation and even less occupied space
- Sensor Control – sensors monitor progress for high quality fabric care and better drying results
- VarioDrum – wave-shaped structured drum delivers a powerful yet gentle wash
- ActiveWater Technology – senses the load condition and uses only the electricity and water required
- Wrinkle Block Program – occasionally tumbles clothing for up to two hours after cycle
- AntiVibration Design – dryer design keeps everything quiet
- Quick Dry – can manage even larger loads in less time
- Energy Star Qualified – less energy means less cost
For over a century Electolux has been innovating in the quality appliance field while remaining within a price range anyone can reach. Their 24” Compact Front Load Washer offers 2.4 cu. ft. capacity with 12 wash options, six temperature levels, and four wash cycles offer a wide array of custom cycles. This is only aided by the exclusive LuxCare Wash System with improved wash actions, temperature control, and smart load sensing.
The electric dryer matches it’s partner with a 4.0 cu. ft. capacity drum with enough conveniences to make your laundry day a breeze. It also has several advanced features and fifteen cycles to tumble everything from activewear to delicates to towels. This unit is also ventless, so you can install it easily in any space. And if you’re not a fan of ironing, a Perfect Steam Option reduces static by gently releasing wrinkles that keeps your clothes looking crisp.
- Perfect Balance System – the washer balances the load for smooth, quiet operation
- IQ-Touch Laundry Controls – touch controls and intuitive design offer clean, sleek style easy operation
- Separate Dispensers – detergent, bleach, prewash, and softener all have their own compartments
- Reverse Tumble – alternates direction during dry cycle to reduce tangling or wrinkling
- Sanitization Cycle –deep cleans to removes 99.9% of bacteria
- Custom Dry – Five drying cycles, three temperature settings, and three dryness levels
- LuxCare Lint Shield – traps lint so it doesn’t make a mess even if you empty it with clothes in the dryer
- Stacking Kit – included for even more space savings
- Energy Star Certified – for continued savings on utilities
*Prices may fluctuate due to discounts, promotions, or sales events. Click "VIEW LATEST PRICE" to see the up-to-date price of the item.
As you can see, just because an appliance is smaller in size doesn’t mean it can’t function in a big way. It’s all a matter of the performance you need fitting in the available space you have. And at Appliances Connection, we have a full line of slimline and compact appliances that can fit your needs perfectly. Just get in touch, and we’ll be happy to help.
Please leave your questions or comments below.
What size is an apartment size stove?
While there is no standard size for apartment stoves, they are typically smaller in size such as 24” or 20” wide. Of course, if you own your apartment, only your kitchen layout can determine how big or small an oven should be.
What size is an apartment-size dishwasher?
An apartment-size dishwasher is typically 18” in width.
What is the cheapest place to buy appliances?
Considering our reputation for matching or beating the competition’s prices, might we suggest Appliances Connection. After all, since you’re already on our website, why not stay for a while and look around?