The SILX silk-filled pillow is the perfect alternative to down, cotton, wool or any other pillow filling. It is 100% natural, hypoallergenic and inhospitable to dustmites. The silk-fibers inside the pillow are long strands of mulberry silk. The silk fibers come from mulberry silk cocoons and have the length of about 1,300 feet. Silk fibers are the strongest natural fiber and also a natural fire retardant. It is half the weight of down and drapes to your body; eliminating cold spots. Due to it's low moisture retention, the silk-filled pillow is also mildrew resistant. The hand-stretched silk batting never wanders or bunches. Silk fibers are composed of 18 amino acids which are similar to and found in the human skin. The silk pillow is covered with a 260 thread count cotton cover.
According to Chinese legend, silk was discovered in 3,000 BC by Lady His-Ling-Shi, wife of Emperor Huang Ti, when a silkworm cocoon accidentally dropped into her hot tea. Fine threads from the cocoon unraveled in the hot water and silk was discovered. Initially, silk was only used for the emperor and highest of dignitaries. Eventually noble and rich Roman and Greek families sought out this rare textile and the Silk Road to Europe was created to support the commerce. For centuries, silk was as valuable as gold and often used as currency in international trade.
Now, in the twenty-first century, SILX is offering this ancient fabric from the Far East in a series of beautiful new products. 100% hypoallergenic, these specatcular silk bedding products are the perfect choice for allergy-sufferers, providing both relief to you and their eye-catching sheen to even the most common room.
- Available in Boudoir, Queen or King sizes
- Silk-filled pillow
- Color: White
- Material: Silk fibers
- 260 thread count
- 100% natural, hypoallergenic and inhospitable to dust mites
- Perfect alternative to down, cotton, wool or any other pillow filling
- Inside the comforter are long strands of mulberry silk which come from mulberry silk cocoons and are about 1,300 feet long
- Strongest natural fiber and also a natural fire retardant
- Half the weight of down and drapes to your body, eliminating cold spots
- Due to its low moisture retention, the silk-filled pillow is also mildew resistant
- Hand-stretched silk batting never wanders or bunches
- 18 essential amino acids are beneficial to the skin, hair, and joint pain
| Depth: || 36" |
| Width: || 20" |
| Height: || 4" |
| Material: || Silk |
| Size: || King |
| Color: || White |