SILX-COM-FULQ Silk-filled Queen Comforter with Cotton Cover in White
The SILX silk-filled comforter is the perfect alternative to down, cotton, wool or any other comforter filling. It is 100% natural, hypoallergenic and inhospitable to dustmites. The silk-fibers inside the comforter are long strands of mulberry silk. The silk fibers come from mulberry silk cocoons and have the length of about 1,300 feet. Silk fibers are the strongest natural fiber and also a natural fire retardant. it is half the weight of down and drapes to your body; eliminating cold spots. Due to it's low moisture retention, the silk-filled comforter is also mildrew resistant. The hand-stretched silk batting never wanders or bunches. Silk fibers are composed of 18 amino acids which are similar to and found in the human skin. The silk comforter is covered with a 260 thread count cotton cover.
According to Chinese legend, silk was discovered in 3,000 BC by Lady His-Ling-Shi, wife of Emperor Huang Ti, when a silkworm cocoon accidentally dropped into her hot tea. Fine threads from the cocoon unraveled in the hot water and silk was discovered. Initially, silk was only used for the emperor and highest of dignitaries. Eventually noble and rich Roman and Greek families sought out this rare textile and the Silk Road to Europe was created to support the commerce. For centuries, silk was as valuable as gold and often used as currency in international trade.
Now, in the twenty-first century, SILX is offering this ancient fabric from the Far East in a series of beautiful new products. 100% hypoallergenic, these specatcular silk bedding products are the perfect choice for allergy-sufferers, providing both relief to you and their eye-catching sheen to even the most common room.
- Silk fibers don't break down like down feathers
- Inhospitable to dust mites
- Half the weight of down
- Drapes to your body
- High degree of heat retention
- Hand-stretched silk batting never wanders or bunches
- Contains 18 amino acids which calm the nervous system and slow the aging of skin
- Strengthens activity of skin cells and promotes metabolism of cells
- Keeps skin smooth and healthy
- Stock Id:235227
- Country of Origin:China
- Primary Material:Silk fibers
- Product Weight in Pounds:8.86
- Product Dimensions. L x W x H.:86 x 90 x 1
Shipping Methods & Details
- Please enter your shipping ZIP Code to get available shipping methods and cost: