Installation of a Refrigerator - Excludes Built-In Units . Installation can only be purchased with an In-Home or White Glove Delivery. Additional Charges May Apply. Due to changing regulations this service may not be available in all areas (Mainly rural and less populated areas). Parts must be purchased separately.
- Installer performs Refrigerator Waterline installation to an existing water hookup near the Refrigerator if necessary.
- Installer ensures electrical cord is unplugged, if necessary, to prevent damage to electrical receptacle.
- Installer shuts off water supply and de-pressurizes and disconnects main cold water system as required.
- Installer disconnects and removes existing refrigerator from surrounding cabinets and fixtures.
- Upon extraction of existing appliance, Installer determines, confers with customer and documents on the ICF charges necessary for additional labor, parts, or permits that are needed to proceed with the service, due to the conditions found after extraction. Installer has the customer initial the ICF.
- Installer is to accommodate services, if necessary and possible, to meet all plumbing, electric, and building codes and all manufacturers' installation specifications, but not to exceed authorized additional charge estimate provided to customer.
- Installer installs new appliance according to the manufacturer's specifications and to customer's satisfaction.
- Installer checks all connections:
- Shut-off valve connection into main cold water supply line
- 1/4'' tubing connection at new shut-off valve
- 1/4'' tubing connection to refrigerator's solenoid
- Refrigerator's plastic supply tube from solenoid to ice maker
- Mechanical couplings (if necessary) on models with through-door water dispenser
- Installer ensures new state approved tubing is secured to refrigerator, to new shut-off valve and to surrounding house framing.
- Installer corrects any defects in the installation (if applicable), and retests appliance.
- Installer ensures cord is plugged back into receptacle, properly secured, and refrigerator is turned on.
- Installer re-locates refrigerator in opening and adjusts for proper door swing if necessary.
- Installer activates ice maker by placing control arm in ready position.
- Installer activates through-door water dispenser by filling refrigerator's reservoir and dispensing several cups of water.
- Installer double-checks all connections.
- Installer checks and verifies that all user functions are operational. When performing this check, Installer walks through a demo with the customer to show the customer basic operations of their new appliance. Installer sets the clock and presets, if applicable.
- Note: Install may be done by a third party or sub-contracted to a local installation company in your area. This installation does not cover any unit that needs to be built-in.
Please Note: Installation does not include removal of your old appliance. Please refer to the product page for more information on removal of your appliance.