Learn more »
Installation of a Cooktop or Rangetop. Installation can only be purchased with an In-Home or White Glove Delivery. Additional Charges May Apply. Due to changing regulations this service may not be available in all areas (Mainly rural and less populated areas). Parts must be purchased separately.
- Installer terminates gas service from shut-off valve, verifies gas is turned off at shut-off valve and then disconnects gas from appliance. If no shut-off valve is present, additional charges can be applied to terminate gas service and install a shut-off valve, but not to exceed authorized additional charge estimate provided to customer. Installer ensures line is capped and there are no leaks.
- Installer terminates electrical service for electric cooktop and disconnects from appliance.
- Installer ensures electrical cord has been unplugged to prevent damage to receptacle.
- Upon extraction of existing appliance, Installer determines, confers with customer and documents on the ICF charges necessary for additional labor, parts, or permits that are needed to proceed with the service, due to the conditions found after extraction. Installer has the customer initial the ICF.
- Installer is to accommodate services, if necessary and possible, to meet all plumbing, electric, and building codes and all manufacturers' installation specifications, but not to exceed authorized additional charge estimate provided to customer.
- Installer installs new appliance according to the manufacturer's specifications and to customer's satisfaction.
- Installer connects the electrical supply according to all local codes.
- Installer connects gas service and ventilation to new gas appliance.
- Installer sets cooktop into opening.
- Installer extends leveling brackets to floor of cabinet so cooktop sits straight.
- Installer secures the cooktop to the countertop.
- Installer screws leveling brackets to bottom of cabinet.
- Installer runs appropriate power cable into cabinet.
- Installer connects cooktop to electrical box and receptacle.
- Installer plugs cooktop power cord into outlet.
- Installer turns gas service back on and tests all connections for leaks.
- Installer monitors gas service and ensures there are no leaks.
- Installer ensures all accessories (grates, pans, racks, burner caps, etc.) are installed on appliance.
Installer tests cooktop by activating and monitoring:
- All surface burner elements
- All controls, accessories (clock, timer, settings, etc.)
- Ensure all burner elements are adjusted accordingly to display proper flame characteristics
- Installer corrects any defects in the installation (if applicable), and retests appliance.
- Installer double-checks all connections.
- If a new shut-off valve was installed by Installer, Installer verifies that all pilot lights are lit.
- Installer checks and verifies that all user functions are operational. When performing this check, Installer walks through a demo with the customer to show the customer basic operations of their new appliance. Installer sets the clock and presets, if applicable.
Please Note: Installation does not include removal of your old appliance. Please refer to the product page for more information on removal of your appliance.
- Brand:Professional Service
- Stock Id:142169
Shipping Methods & Details
- Please enter your shipping ZIP Code to get available shipping methods and cost: