As you shop for the perfect room air conditioner, you may encounter some familiar brand names. You've seen them on toasters, refrigerators, microwaves and washing machines.
Not the Friedrich name. Because air conditioners are the sole focus of their company. They don't manufacture light bulbs or televisions. They make air conditioners.
You'll find a range of choices: room, portable, ductless split systems, to name just a few. Their product pages will help you determine which type of air conditioner and installation best meet your needs.
For quality, performance, efficiency, choice and service, Friedrich is the name to know. Before you make this important purchase, find out what makes Friedrich air conditioners different.
Comfort and Convenience
- Control your unit from your smartphone, computer or tablet.
- Create customized 7-day schedules.
- 24-hour timer.
- Optional wired wall thermostat.
- Group units for zone or centralized control using FriedrichLink.
- 3 cooling and fan speeds.
- Automatic fan speed adjustment.
- Comfortwatch technology samples the air to more accurately maintain the set temperature.
- 8-way airflow control.
- Display set point or room temperature.
- LCD panel auto dims when not in use.
- Nightlight mode.
- Scratch resistant, painted 20-gauge steel cabinet resists corrosion and rust.
- Solid sleeve top keeps out falling debris.
- Solid steel blower wheel housing.
- Commercial grade fan motor run at lower temps for longer life.
- Fan motor is totally enclosed for maximum protection.
- Exclusive aluminum rear grille protects against vandalism and damage.
- Firm grip handles for easier installation and maintenance.
- Aluminum endplates prevent rust.
- Solid steel base pans and inner walls.
- Robust construction does not rely on outer sleeve for support.
Sound Reduction Technology
- Extra thick rubber grommets absorb vibration and reduce noise inside, while steel inner walls and extra dense insulation block outdoor noise.
- Unique airflow path minimizes operating sound.
- Larger discharge vents allow conditioned air to move more quietly.
- Can be installed in window or thru-the-wall (depending on wall thickness).
- Slideout chassis design, including firm grip handles, makes installation and maintenance much easier.
- Rugged hardboard side panels allow for a more permanent installation.
- Front cover designed to allow power cord to exit left or right out of the unit.
- Heavy-duty installation hardware.
- Front cover attaches easily and securely; nut driver included.
- Powercord can run left or right for more installation options.
- Advanced dual-stage carbon superior filtration system removes allergens, odors, ozone and other impurities from the air.
- In lab testing, combining the the optional carbon filter with the standard antimicrobial filter achieved a superior air filtration rating of MERV 6.
- Fresh air and exhaust vents offer additional air quality control.
- Maintenance made easy by hinged filter door access, and a check filter reminder.
Safety and Security Features
- EntryGard anti-intrusion protection prevents kick-in by securing the unit in the sleeve; a protective rear grille shields the unit.
- Insect barrier keeps out smaller intruders.
- LCDI power cord.
- Protective rear grille.
- Smart Grid Capable.
- Two optional energy management schedules.
- Auto Fan mode saves money by conserving energy.
- Ozone-friendly R-410A refrigerant.
- RoHS compliant.
- ENERGY STAR qualified.
- Recyclable packaging.
Unique Digital Control System
- Precision control over all Kuhl's functions.
|Cooling Capacity:||18,200/17,800 BTU|
|Heating Capacity:||15,500/15,400 BTU|
|Volts Rated:||230/208 Volts|
|Cooling Amps:||8.5/8.9 Amps|
|Cooling Watts:||1,838/1,798 Watts|
|Heating Amps:||8.5/8.7 Amps|
|Heating Watts:||1,833/1,761 Watts|
|Energy Efficiency Ratio (ERR):||9.9/9.9|
|Moisture Removal:||5.4 Pints/Hr.|
|Room Side Air Circulation:||370 CFM|
|Net Weight:||141 Lbs.|
|Shipping Weight:||152 Lbs.|
|Circuit Rating Breaker or T-D Fuse:||250V - 30A|
|Plug Face (NEMA#):||6-30P|
|Power Cord Length:||6 Ft.|
|Overall Width:||25 15/16"|
|Overall Depth with Front:||29"|
|Overall Height:||17 15/16"|
|Shell Depth To Louvers:||8 3/4"|
|Min. Extension Into Room:||5 3/4"|
|Min. Extension Outside:||16 15/16"|
|Window Width:||27 3/8" Min. - 42" Max.|
|In-Wall Finished Hole Width:||26 3/16"|
|In-Wall Finished Hole Depth:||7 3/8" Max.|
|In-Wall Finished Hole Height:||18 3/16"|