SS12M30A 11700 BTU Kuhl Room Air Condition With LCD Panel Auto Dims, Nightlight Mode, Commercial Grade Durability, Auto Fan Mode & Advanced Dual-Stage Carbon Filtration System
When designing Khl, our engineers challenged convention to develop the most advanced window air conditioner on the market. Khl combines sophisticated controls, unrivalled quality, greater energy efficiency, and unmatched durability in one sleek performer.
Youll find more options, features and ways to customize your cooling experience than you ever thought possible in a window air conditioning solution.
Khl is the first window air conditioner to provide the programmability and convenience of a central air conditioning system. An advanced 7-day programmable thermostat lets you program up to four settings daily, allowing each day of the week to have its own schedule. Easily adjust the temperature by using the arrow buttons on the units LCD panel or the wireless remote from across the room. Or choose to wire one or more units to a wall thermostat for simple, centralized control. Khl can raise the room temperature while youre out and still have it back to a perfect 72 before you return. Save energy, money and maintain total control of your environment every day. Khl control is also evident in the products design. Khls engineers developed the units 8 directional louvers to be deeper and more robust to optimize airflow placement within a space. And Khl features both a fresh-air intake vent and an exhaust vent that give you additional comfort options.
For over 125 years, Friedrich products have been renowned for their commercial-grade, built-to-last design. Advanced engineering, high-end materials and components, and rigorous product testing are just a few examples of Friedrich's commitment to quality. When designing Khl, our engineers challenged convention to develop the very best window air conditioner on the market. Khl incorporates high-end materials like heavy-gauge galvanized steel, rifled copper tubing, and high-tech aluminum fins. Khl also uses the most durable components to extend the life of your air conditioner, including fully enclosed fan motors that seal out dirt, and powerful, energy-efficient compressors, which make Khl as tough an air conditioner as weve ever built.
Khl has been painstakingly engineered for ultra quiet operation. Materials have been chosen because of their sound-absorption properties and every moving part has been braced and insulated. For example, extra thick rubber grommets absorb vibration and reduce noise inside, while steel inner walls and extra dense insulation block outdoor noise. Rugged hardboard side panels help reduce noise and keep out light. The unique air path is more streamlined, drawing air through the sides, away from moving parts. And our larger discharge vents allow for smoother airflow, delivering maximum conditioned air quietly.
Khls advanced dual-stage filtration system removes allergens, odors, ozone and other impurities from the air. By combining the optional carbon filter with the standard antimicrobial filter, Khl achieves lab-tested superior air filtration with ratings as high as MERV 6. Use the fresh-air vent and the exhaust vent for additional air-quality control.
When both vents are closed, Khl cleans and conditions the air in your space. Open the fresh-air vent and Khl purifies and conditions a moderate amount of outdoor air along with the air in your room. Use the exhaust vent to release stale air and odors outside.
The most comfortable temperature is the one you never notice. Khl uses five built-in environmental sensors to more accurately monitor indoor and outdoor temperatures so that it can maintain your ideal settings.
Khl+ models have the ability to cool or heat as needed so units can operate as year-round central systems. And, like the most advanced central systems, Khl+ has auto-changeover, which allows the unit to automatically switch between air conditioning and heating functions to maintain the desired comfort level. You wont have to lift a finger.
Plus, Khl's air flow systems are tested for powerful and precise air distribution which means faster cooling when you need it most.
Khls streamlined modern design in Satin Silver can blend in with any dcor. Or coordinate a look that complements your space by using any of the six colored front covers (sold separately). (Deep Red, Cobalt Blue, Pink Diamond, Classic Beige, Black Onyx, and Designer White)
Khl is our most environmentally friendly air conditioner to date. It operates up to 20% more efficiently than many competitive units, delivering more cooling capacity while using less energy. Further, most models meet or exceed ENERGY STAR guidelines. Khl uses non-ozone-depleting R-410A refrigerant, and all models even adhere to strict European RoHS requirements. Being energy efficient is better for the planet as well as your wallet.
- Advanced 7-day programmable thermostat allows you to program up to four settings a day, allowing each day of the week to have its own schedule
- Adjust comfort settings by using the arrow buttons on the LCD panel or the wireless remote from across the room
- Choose the option of wiring one or more units to a single wall thermostat for simple, centralized control
- 5 built-in environmental sensors more accurately monitor indoor and outdoor temperatures so that Khl can maintain your ideal settings, and fans "auto" setting will adjust fan speed to maintain comfort settings
- Khl models feature 4 speed settings for both fan and cooling modes and 3 speed settings on 28,000 BTU/h models and above
- Airflow can be adjusted in 8 different directions to minimize hot or cold spots in your space
- Temperature readout can alternately display set temperature, room temperature and outdoor temperature, or digital clock as selected
- LCD panel auto dims when not in use
- Custom settings for display brightness, audio alerts, and more
- 7-year battery provides back up system that saves settings if power is interrupted; auto restart turns Khl back on when power is restored
- Cools rooms 300-2700 square feet, depending on model capacity
- Scratch-resistant cabinet finish
- Control panel lock-out feature
- Nightlight mode
- Commercial grade durability
- Extra thick rubber grommets absorb vibration and reduce noise inside, while steel inner walls and extra dense insulation block outdoor noise
- Unique airflow path minimizes operating sound
- Larger discharge vents allow conditioned air to move more quietly
- Can be installed in window or thru-the-wall (depending on wall thickness)
- Slide-out chassis design, including firm grip handles, makes installation and maintenance much easier
- Rugged hardboard side panels allow for a more permanent installation
- Front cover designed to allow power cord to exit left or right out of the unit
- Heavy-duty installation hardware
- Front cover attaches easily and securely; nut driver included
- Advanced dual-stage carbon filtration system removes allergens, odors, ozone and other impurities from the air
- In lab testing, combining the the optional carbon filter with the standard antimicrobial filter achieved a superior air filtration rating of MERV 6
- Fresh air and exhaust vents offer additional air quality control
- Maintenance made easy by hinged filter door access and electronic indicators, including check filter reminder and error code storage
- EntryGard anti-intrusion protection prevents kick-in by securing the unit in the sleeve; a protective rear grille shields the unit
- Insect barrier keeps out smaller intruders
- LCDI power cord
- Auto Fan mode saves money by conserving energy
- Ozone-friendly R-410A refrigerant
- RoHS compliant
- 12 ENERGY STAR qualified models, including all Heat Pumps
|Minimum Window Opening Width (in.):||27 3/8|
|Maximum Window Opening Width (in.):||42|
|Minimum Window Opening Height (in.):||15 15/16|
|Cooling Capacity (BTU):||11,700|
|Energy Star Qualified:||Yes|
|Air Circulation (CFM):||275|
|Moisture Removal (pints/hour):||2.8|
|Maximum Current Draw (Amps):||4.9|
|Plug Face (NEMA #):||6-15P|
|Power Cord Length (Ft):||4|
- Stock Id:220078
- Chassis Type:Slide-Out
- Cooling Capacity (BTU):11,700
- Wireless Remote Controller:Included
- Energy Star:Yes
- Energy Efficiency Rating:11.4
- Control Type:Digital
- Dehumidification:2.8 pints/hr
- CFM Room Circulation:275
- Maximum Cooling Amps:4.9
- Plug Type:6-15P
Shipping Methods & Details
Info & Guides
- Friedrich SS12M30A - Kuhl Drain Kit Installation Manual
- Friedrich SS12M30A - Kuhl Colored Front Installation Manual
- Friedrich SS12M30A - Kuhl Temperature Sensor Installation Manual
- Friedrich SS12M30A - Energy Guide
- Friedrich SS12M30A - Room Air Conditioner Commercial Product Brochure
- Friedrich SS12M30A - RT6 Remote Thermostat Installation Manual
- Friedrich SS12M30A - 2011 Kuhl Installation & Operation Manual
- Friedrich SS12M30A - Kuhl Parts Manual
- Friedrich SS12M30A - Kuhl Service Manual
- Friedrich SS12M30A - Kuhl+ Submittal
- Friedrich SS12M30A - Kuhl Submittal