The Escape 1400-I is a high efficiency, EPA certified wood insert. With its standard blower and large fire viewing area, it will revive your old masonry fireplace and warm up the inside of your house.
SBI, manufacturer of the Drolet brand, is a Canadian family-owned enterprise dedicated to the design, manufacturing, and marketing of residential heating appliances sold around the world. Their vision is to offer the best environmentally sustainable heating solutions. Striving to support a work environment which stimulates creativity, innovation, productivity and quality in everything we do, SBI has passion and dedication for the industry and respect for the environment.
- Fireplace insert
- Blower included
- Firebox: 1.8 cu feet
- Estimated 1,600 square feet
- Heating capacity: 60,000 BTU
- Efficiency: 75%
- Emission: 4.3 g/Hr
- Log length: 18 inches
- Dimensions: 20.62" H x 28.37" W x 23.3" D
- Maximum output - EPA test wood: 39,000 BTU/h
- Maximum output - seasoned cord wood: 60,000 BTU/h
- Recommended Heating Area (sq. ft.): 500 - 1,600
- Recommended chimney diameter: 6"
- Firebox dimensions (Depth): 13 3/4"
- Firebox dimensions (Width): 21"
- Firebox dimensions (Height): 10 7/8"
- Maximum log length: 18"
- Door opening dimensions (Width): 17 1/2"
- Door opening dimensions (Height): 7 7/8"
- Type of Door: Simple, glass with cast iron frame
- Glass Surface: 15 7/8" X 7 9/16"
- Steel thickness (top): 1/4"
- Weight: 350 lb
- Firebox volume (cu. ft.): 1.8
- Minimum fireplace opening (Width): 29"
- Minimum fireplace opening (Height): 21.5"
- Minimum fireplace opening (Depth): 14"
- Optimum efficiency: 75%
- Type of Fuel: Wood
- Type of Chimney (°F): 2100
- Recommended chimney diameter (inches): 6
- Minimum chimney height (feet): 12
- Log positioning: Over width
- Warranty: Limited lifetime
- Tested or/and listed as per applicable standards by: Intertek
- Glass Type: Ceramic glass
- Depth - Overall: 23 5/16"
- Height - Overall: 20 5/8"
- Width - Overall: 28 3/8"
- Centre line of flue outlet to the back: 6 7/8"
- Centre line of flue outlet to the side: 13 7/16"
- Canadian Standard (emissions): EPA Méthode 28
- Canadian Standard (safety): ULC S-627
- USA standard (safety): UL 1482
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print pdf files.