The Escape 1800 is a high efficiency, EPA certified wood stove. This pedestal model is an east-west loader that accepts logs up to 20.5 inches long. It comes with a top heat exchanger that allows the user to maximize the benefits of its optional blower. Its very low clearances to combustible materials make it a safe bet in the Medium wood stoves category.
SBI, manufacturer of the Drolet brand, is a Canadian family-owned enterprise dedicated to the design, manufacturing, and marketing of residential heating appliances sold around the world. Their vision is to offer the best environmentally sustainable heating solutions. Striving to support a work environment which stimulates creativity, innovation, productivity and quality in everything we do, SBI has passion and dedication for the industry and respect for the environment.
- Mobile home not approved
- Blower not included
- Firebox: 2.3 cu feet
- Estimated 1,900 square feet
- Heating capacity: 75,000 BTU
- Ashpan included
- Efficiency: 77%
- Emission: 6.3 g/Hr
- Log length: 20.5 inches
- Dimensions: 25.62" H x 25.62" W x 27.43" D
- Maximum output - EPA test wood: 49,000 BTU/h
- Maximum output - seasoned cord wood: 75,000 BTU/h
- Recommended Heating Area (sq. ft.): 500 - 1900
- Recommended chimney diameter: 6"
- Firebox dimensions (Depth): 16 3/4"
- Firebox dimensions (Width): 21"
- Firebox dimensions (Height): 11 3/4"
- Maximum log length: 20 1/2"
- Door opening dimensions (Width): 17 1/2"
- Door opening dimensions (Height): 8 15/16"
- Glass Surface: 16" X 9 1/4"
- Steel thickness (top): 5/16"
- Weight: 406 lb
- Weight: 184 kg
- Firebox volume (cu. ft.): 2.3
- Optimum efficiency: 77 %
- Emissions (grams / hour): 6.3 g/h
- Type of Fuel: Wood
- Type of Chimney (°F): 2100
- Recommended chimney diameter (inches): 6
- Minimum chimney height (feet): 12
- Log positioning: Over width
- Warranty: Limited lifetime
- Tested or/and listed as per applicable standards by: Intertek
- Glass Type: Ceramic glass
- Depth - Overall: 25 7/16"
- Height - Overall: 30 5/8"
- Width - Overall: 25 5/8"
- Centre line of flue outlet to the back: 6 11/16"
- Centre line of flue outlet to the side: 12 13/16"
- Canadian Standard (emissions): EPA Méthode 28
- Canadian Standard (safety): ULC S-627
- USA standard (safety): UL 1482
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print pdf files.