- Open Burner Cooktops use air to feed the flame, which leads to faster boiling times. Since it's open it will be harder to clean than alternative burner types.
- Sealed Burner Cooktops give you more control over the fire, but with slower heat times. However, they are generally much easier to clean than an open burner cooktop.
- Smoothtop Cooktops use heating elements that are imbedded underneath a layer of opaque ceramic. They are electric and have many great features including the ability to bridge the elements together.
- Coil Cooktops are electric. They are heated using an element that coils itself to form a semi circular circuit. They are considered to still be favorable because they are less expensive and still work great.
- Modular Cooktops allow you to modify the heating elements. These units give you the choice to use different heating elements on the same cooking unit, allowing more flexibility and efficiency.